or Connect

Posts by k2director

LET'S BE FRANK, JESSE.   The reason there aren't many blacks in tech is because black families and black kids don't embrace an education and path that naturally leads to the tech industry. You know, things like math, science, business, etc.    Blacks, as a general group, seem to have no problem excelling in sports and music without any hand-outs or crying about racial imbalance. Why? Because those areas are apparently important to much of the black community, and...
I hope it fixes all the crashes I get in Safari. 
 Ah, that's government bureaucracy at its finest...
I seem to remember them being "committed" to the Zune too. And before that, they were "committed" to the Plays For Sure audio format.
They are free to list the price and then change it as much as they like. Prices for lots of things change regularly. But they can't tell you you'll pay X and then when you click "Buy" they charge you Y. Is that what you're upset about, or simply that they raised the price before you clicked Buy and the transaction was completed.
I just bought the Harry Potter collection in Hd in the U.S. for $10. That's a stunning deal. Also picked up Lord of the Rings trilogy, in Hd, for $10. Glad I waited on some of these titles...
Well, Jobs' second run with Apple was certainly fantastic, but his first run was a mixed bag, leading to his firing (can anyone imagine Jobs being fired the second time around?). And NeXT didn't exactly set the world on fire, either. Before it found a small niche for itself, it burned through a lot of cash, employees and grand promises. I believe Apple can thrive without Jobs, but it does feel like it's getting slower at turning around new products, and trying new...
Apple 's Maps will fall dangerously behind if they treat it as a standard iOS feature to be updated once in a while. Certain strategic features, like Maps and Siri, should be improved much more aggressively.
  That's not what "free market" means. Free market means that people/businesses are free to offer whatever products/services they want, and sell them for what they want, and consumers are free to buy those products or services if they want. It generally results in the best products at the best prices...more so than in any other system.   A free market allows a cable company to require you to buy bundles instead of ala carte channels. A free market lets you decline to pay...
Wonderful. The government once again inserts itself into private industry, to "fix" something that the free market is already fixing (ie, people are increasingly dropping their cable boxes altogether...when that desertion rate reaches a certain level, cable companies will change their ways, or they'll go out of business and be replaced by a better model). But who needs to let someone invent a superior product (like Netflix, Apple, Amazon, etc.), when you can have a huge...