or Connect

Posts by k2director

Is that a joke? Cage? I hope it is.
Neither of those guys are in the same league, acting wise, as Fassbender. It's the performance that counts and I think Fassbender's performance is going to be very strong.The bigger question is if enough time has past for the world to really be interested in a cinematic re-telling of Jobs' story. We'll see.
Tim Cook has presided over the greatest DROP in Apple product quality I've noticed since the second Jobs era began. I run into more frustrating bugs in Apple products than I ever had before, and while I used to believe that "It Just Works" was a slogan that you could truly use to describe the experience of using Apple gear (for the most part...no company or product is perfect), that's no longer remotely true. Apple has become sloppy, and very slow at addressing its...
Typical liberal idea of "doing good" which often tends to fall very short of intentions (much shorter than other means of doing good available).   Tim has a billion dollars (and many other former middle-class Apple employees are wealthy too, not to mention partners like developers) thanks to a for-profit company that created vast amounts of wealth by creating commercial products that had to compete effectively in a free market, and that made millions of human lives...
Just curious which cargo van? I love those nv1500s. A little too big for my purposes but cool vans.
Absolutely. A tiny little country surrounded by hostile neighbors all wanting to see it dead, and yet it:   * Successfully defends itself when group attacked by its neighbors since its founding.  * Actually manages to expand its territory in the face of multiple enemies trying to destroy it, creating a buffer zone for itself * Makes the right decision in allying itself with the U.S. instead of the Soviet Union (many Arab countries threw their lots in with the Soviets...
Wow, I wasn't expecting all this Appleinsider venom directed at unions.......it's wonderful! Gives me hope for civilization...
Actually, looks like you're the nut to not realize how government's "good intentions" can and usually do go horribly wrong -- almost always by trying to restrain the free market as Obama is doing now.  Government started meddling with the housing market to promote home ownership as a means to social mobility and we got the housing bubble. Government started promoting free, easy student loans and we got run-away college costs and massive student debt that will be the next...
Good idea, I'll try that, thanks!
I was so ready to move from Alfred to using spotlight instead and then realized that Spotlight can't issue commands to Sleep or Restart the computer. So Alfred it is.