or Connect

Posts by k2director

Wonderful! Apple finds the time to add parental controls to the iPhone (how many people are really going to find this useful??), but not a To Do app that synchs with iCal/Mail. WTF? Does Steve Jobs have some irrational hatred of To Dos? I can't think of any other reason why there would *still* be no sign of them.
I'm surprised at how many people seem to be trashing DL. I think it's a great product, and I use it all the time. Every book with a bar code I've ever looked up has been found (I'm a U.S. user), and for the ones that didn't have bar-codes, I was able to quickly type in the ISBN number and find a match on Amazon. I have 400+ items in my collection, and the program runs nimbly on a 1.83GHz Macbook Pro. PLease show me a competitor that's as quick and easy to use in...
You fought a good fight, Toshiba. Your consumer players were technically superior from day 1, offering picture-in-picture support, ethernet connectivity, and advanced interactivity....something that no Blu-Ray player even came close to doing until October 07 (and even then, only a single player--the Panasonic BD30). You offered a superior product at a lower price (even before all the deep discounts leading up to Xmas), but unfortunately, Sony's Playstation 3 trojan...
Could these jackass studios do anything more to stunt the growth of a promising new market?? These are the wackos that fought the VCR tooth and nail, until they realized how lucrative it was for them. Good thing the courts prevented these chimps from suing the VCR out of existence, which is what they tried to do. Now they're imposing ridiculous terms on an online rental model, making it NO BETTER or BARELY BETTER than what exists today. Is that the purpose of...
True, you did not say "never", fair enough. Sorry for that. As for citing links, you might start with Apple's Discussion forums. In the main iPhone forum, do a search for "no task" and note the # of threads that come up. Every single smart phone that I've ever come across (Blackberry, Palm, Microsoft Mobile, Symbian, etc), not to mention many bare-bones phones, can sync To Dos. That's why it's "industry standard". It is indeed a glaring omission that Apple's own...
1) You need to brush up on your history. To Dos have been a part of iCal since it was first introduced YEARS ago. What Leopard did recently was build iCal's To Do database into Mail, so you could create To Dos and look at them without having to go to iCal. Secondly, when Apple introduced .Mac syncing between computers (years ago), one of its launch features was the ability to sync To Dos. Thirdly, when Apple introduced iSync (again, years ago), it allowed you to sync To...
Well, that's a lot more credible, unless someone went through a WHOLE LOT of After Effects trouble.
Give me a break. To Dos are a fundamental feature of iCal, Entourage, Outlook, Exchange, the Palm OS, and pretty any personal organizer ever made. They're not complicated, unless you'd call email an unnecessary complication over simple pen and paper. Writing out To Dos as simple text notes would be more complicated and tedious for people than using a proper To Do system. You couldn't schedule reminders. You couldn't move a To Do from one day to another, or prioritize them...
Nope, Notes are purely text notes. A To Do app would sync individual To Dos (along with alarms, and other details related to the To Do) with iCal or Entourage. Not the same thing.
Where is a To Do app? It should have been in the launch product, and still no sign of it after 6 months. I wish Apple would focus on some core functionality, instead of superficial features like rearranging Home page icons, and so on....