or Connect

Posts by k2director

I don't believe for a second that Microsoft sold 1 million Zunes by June. Sold into the channel, perhaps, but sold to consumers? No way, I don't believe. I've also still never seen a Zune in the wild, much less two of the turkeys together (which is the whole point of its overblown wifi capabilities).
I have absolutely no problem with Apple making life hard for people who have unlocked their iPhones to run on a non-AT&T network. AT&T has made concessions to Apple to make the iPhone what it is (ie, developing visual voicemail, beefing up the EDGE network, developing the innovative iTunes activation process...not to mention sharing subscriber revenues with Apple) and it's fair that Apple protect AT&T's investment in the iPhone for the 2 or 5 year exclusivity period...
I wish endless toil and misery on this woman and her representatives.
Uh, no, I don't think you can make that case. Europe is a totally different market than the U.S., where 3G is far more common-place. You can easily make an argument that 3G is not essential to the bulk of American buyers, whereas it is to European customers. In other words, a different product is necessary to compete in Europe. Also, if the iPhone launches in Europe in November, it will come about 5 months after the U.S. launch. That's clearly enough time to warrant a new...
Dude, it must suck to go through life being such a cynic.
Way to go, Apple. It's a smart business decision, and the right thing to do. Now let's get back to making this phone the monster success that it can be. You guys keep improving the feature-set (hint: a To Do function would really be nice start!), and I'll keep proselytizing to my friends, family, co-workers, etc.
Apple needs to give its early iPhone customers (8 gigs for $599) some kind of financial credit for their early support. Dropping the price by $200 after only 2 months on the market makes the early customers look like they were gouged, and leaves a bad taste in the mouth of people who were Apple's most enthusiastic supporters. Also, who's going to want to buy future high-priced Apple products when they first hit the market, knowing that a move like this will...
Way to go, NBC/Universal. First, I can't buy your content on the industry-leading Blu-Ray high def format, and now I can't buy it on iTunes! It's like you're actually trying to limit the market for your content, which sounds like a winning strategy! I'd say you owe a big bonus of bananas to whichever chimp is running the show over there!
Glad to hear you won't be visiting any time soon. And I personally couldn't care less what the "rest of the world" thinks. In fact, if the rest of the world is criticizing the U.S., I generally take that as a sign that we're doing something right. The "rest of the world" has been responsible for the vast majority of humanity's horrors and backwardness right up till the present day. Add up the U.S.'s good and bad contributions to the planet, and we've easily contributed...
No, I read my post, but clearly you didn't read your dictionary. What's the definition of "general", GQB? Take a look at your Dashboard dictionary, and you'll see: "Affecting or concerning all or most people, places or things. Widespread.....true for all or most cases....Considering or including the main features or elements of something, and disregarding exceptions overall." You could not possibly argue that accommodating the needs/demands of these women falls under...