or Connect

Posts by k2director

For those who are considering buying Office 2004 Student/Teacher edition now, and then taking the free upgrade to Office 2008 Special Media Edition, consider this: 1) The 2008 Special Media Edition only allows for installation on one computer, while the Student/Teacher edition allows for 3 computers. So when you get the 2008 upgrade, it's my understanding that you actually LOSE two legal licenses for other computers. (And yes, Office is smart enough to check to see if...
How out-of-touch can Fox get? $15 for a crappy, sub-DVD quality movie without any extras, or good audio? Please. I've bought tons of iTunes music, and a moderate # of TV shows, but never a movie. Wake me up when Apple and the Studios start renting titles for $3-$4 a shot (including an HD encode).
This Search feature would be helpful, but it better be accompanied by some other core apps as well....like synced To Dos. The iPhone honeymoon is over, at least for me. I really like my phone, but not being able to sync To Dos, or record voice notes, or do IM chats is really annoying, especially since these features are standard on every smart phone I can think of, and many standard phones! I was willing to overlook these functionality gaps in June, when the iPhone...
Hey Apple, Is there a To Do application in my iPhone future? I'm not getting any younger...
I'm totally for the firings. Apple gave these people an expensive gift, and then they turn around and try to extract more $$ from the company, through dishonest means? How can Apple continue to employ these people in good faith? Again, fire away, Apple. I'm glad we still live in a world where there are real consequences for stupid behavior. It helps reinforce the difference between good and bad behavior in society as a whole. A slap on the wrist wouldn't have such an...
I don't believe for a second that Microsoft sold 1 million Zunes by June. Sold into the channel, perhaps, but sold to consumers? No way, I don't believe. I've also still never seen a Zune in the wild, much less two of the turkeys together (which is the whole point of its overblown wifi capabilities).
I have absolutely no problem with Apple making life hard for people who have unlocked their iPhones to run on a non-AT&T network. AT&T has made concessions to Apple to make the iPhone what it is (ie, developing visual voicemail, beefing up the EDGE network, developing the innovative iTunes activation process...not to mention sharing subscriber revenues with Apple) and it's fair that Apple protect AT&T's investment in the iPhone for the 2 or 5 year exclusivity period...
I wish endless toil and misery on this woman and her representatives.
Uh, no, I don't think you can make that case. Europe is a totally different market than the U.S., where 3G is far more common-place. You can easily make an argument that 3G is not essential to the bulk of American buyers, whereas it is to European customers. In other words, a different product is necessary to compete in Europe. Also, if the iPhone launches in Europe in November, it will come about 5 months after the U.S. launch. That's clearly enough time to warrant a new...
Dude, it must suck to go through life being such a cynic.