or Connect

Posts by k2director

How will Maps work?
New York's retard of a mayor has already banned large soft-drinks and baby formula. Next up? A ban on Apple products, because that will keep New Yorkers safer.
It's pathetic how long Apple has taken to update the desktop version of iWork. It's been years since any significant update. Apple is destroying its credibility, and it's going to hurt its ability to introduce new products that aren't an iPhone, iPad or Macbook Air (ie, the products Apple actually puts some effort into).    A company with $110 billion in the bank should be able to update a suite of three apps in three years. 
Jeez, is this another excuse for Apple to not actually update the Mac-based iWork, which has gone unchanged in 3 years??   Pages and Numbers need serious help. They don't need to match Word and Excel feature-by-feature, but they do need a few more tools that make them more capable for a lot of projects. And yet 3 years go by without any appreciable changes from Apple.   Yet another case of Apple not being able to manage its portfolio very well, unless it's an...
Dumb, low-class monkey. 
Stupid name (Equonne...??), stupid criminal, another stupid burden on taxpayers.
What are the chances any 20-somethings in tech today mention the names Plato or Aristotle in a sentence? Sadly, I'd say the chances are zero.
  The workers should also thank those dastardly consumers for preferring lower cost merchandise over higher cost merchandise. I notice some people complain about "jobs moving overseas" until they're actually in a store and suddenly decide they want the best deal possible for themselves. Hence the market always moving towards lower prices, and hence jobs moving overseas where labor is cheaper and unions weak or non-existent.    Personally, I call that progress. ;-)
Apple: please stop showing me apps in languages I don't read. Seems like most app searches I do turn up apps in Chinese or some other language. 
I highly doubt a different "look" will help BestBuy stores.   The reason I don't go into those stores anymore is because most of the staff barely knows anything about the products. The last time I went into BestBuy was to find a car stereo/bluetooth hands-free solution for my iPhone. I had done one evening's worth of research before walking into BestBuy, and realized that I already knew more about iPhone compatible car stereos than the two "experts" in their car...