or Connect

Posts by k2director

Criminals who try to intimidate or hurt innocent people certainly deserve to die. I'm so glad and *grateful* that this security guard stood his ground, instead of running off and letting the police "handle it".As for the limp-wrist elsewhere in this thread who tried to blame the crime on "poverty", you're *almost* as bad as the criminals. My mother's family was poor, and she grew up sleeping 3-4 kids to a bed. Everyone was poor around her, and yet they were all able to go...
Far better to have Murdoch picking content than the wacko editors at the New York Times...
Who made Julian Assange king? Who elected him, and gave him the right to waive his hand, and wipe out the concept of privacy in communications, and of classified information? What gives King Julian the right to make that decision for a government representing 308 million people? If you put it up for a vote, the *vast* majority of Americans would want to protect sensitive communications between ambassadors, diplomats, etc. But King Julian disagrees, and so he...
Be as skeptical as you like. The statement I stood by referred to the liberal wacko nature of San Francisco, and how it taints the viewpoints of the city's tech press regarding Apple's behavior in this particular case. A few people suggested that there was no such connection, and I pushed back and said there definitely was, standing by my earlier statement. And please stop trying to put words in my mouth....I never said "pray" or "prayed."
Of course it is, when 1 in 3 city employees make more than $100,000...thanks to, again, the liberal wackoism of the city. When a locksmith working for the public school system is making over six figures, with a full pension and rich medical benefits to boot, you know something's wrong. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNC51CLUBN.DTLAnd that's in 2009, when the economy had collapsed and tons of private sector workers were struggling with pay freezes, cutbacks, layoffs...
Dude, I wasn't serious about the earthquake. It's called hyperbole...
Congratulations on being the exception to the rule. But there is an extreme-left character to San Francisco (extending to its tech press) that is characterizing the big rich corporation (Apple) as a bully simply for making an effort to protect its trade secrets. The vast majority of tech press in the Bay Area was deeply disturbed by the seizure of Jason Chen's equipment....even though Chen clearly went out of his way to acquire someone else's property. It doesn't matter...
I'm so sick of these San Francisco liberal wackos (and liberal wacko felons) who characterize theft as "sharing" and suggest Apple is the new Third Reich when it moves to protect its trade secrets. When is that next major earthquake due? It couldn't come soon enough...
I hope Apple leaves a nuclear crater where Gizmodo once stood. And it's ridiculous that a gadget blog gets journalistic protections. If so, then any mobster can write a blog from their home or office, and claim to be "shielded" from searches, etc.
I hope Apple cleans Google's clock on this. Android is a direct copy of the iPhone, with a few tweaks. Apple does a truly usable software keyboard, and suddenly Google has one. Apple does an app store, and then, oh look, Google introduces one (an utterly crappy one at that). Apple does multitouch, and wow, here's Google with multitouch. Apple introduces the iPad, and a few days later: tada, here's Google showing off its concept of a tablet. Google's only saving grace...