or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Damn yuppies ruining the nabe.... ...walking around messaging, leaning against buildings and surfing, standing in line once a year.....
The only things I get about all this obsession with minor, to me nearly indiscernible, diffs in fonts (although the Neue managed to piss me off by being so thin I could barely see it in small sizes and easily lost in contrast even in larger one), are that.....   1. I must be a font Philistine because most of the arguments seem to be over things I either really don't see - or if I can - don't care about in the least.  And so be it.  I also tend not to spend over $20 on a...
 Given all you should "globally" know about computing, not taking the side of anything except being factual, a very disingenuous post.... #1. It's Cortana not "Cortina" - or is that just an intentional diss? #2. Bing (much to MS' chagrin) is hardly a major revenue center for MS, let alone a profit one.  More a business line they've felt constrained not to totally cede to Google.  #3. In trying to recover from the Sinofsky/Win 8 disaster, MS is incentivizing current users...
 I'm guessing I'm older than you, and I♥︎Radio and YouTube are great (free) "surfacers" of new music for me.... ....not only artists and music I wouldn't have known otherwise, but YouTube especially brings me gems I've never heard/seen from even the most familiar of my fave artists... ...from the '30s to the '90s, e.g. live versions, alt versions, interviews, jams with other musicians, etc.......and more than plenty of discovery (plus my library) (plus all the terrestrial...
 I believes you're right... ...but if it works out I'm curious to see if Maps may join it... ...not that Maps is monetized by more users (or is it??) but would benefit from the scale of user feedback....  ...and from sheer mind share and the halo effect of being "a standard" ....NTM having a good experience on the early versions of iTunes for Windows - seeing how things work the Apple way - is what got me to buy my first Mac and iPod....  ...so a very sensible "back to the...
FYI...  ...I♥︎Radio offers pop-up detailed artist bios in general when you're listening - as well as song lyrics - and both can be kept up after another song starts until you can get through as much as you like.... 
Not too shabby a version at all.  Don't think we disagree.  If the UI's all muddled with junk you have to scroll or swipe through, the user experience degrades quickly.Still, UI's an Apple core competency and there's every reason to expect it to be navigable. Although, while I follow the news, I don't currently have any accessory box running and don't know how cumbersome the current TV interface is - especially given all the channels Apple's added since its last...
Why?Would you be forced to watch or play other choices than your personal ones?..."Apple Anounces SockRolid TV"..
Celebrity DJ's (like the Royals and Kardashians reffed above) are a minor form of American icons themselves who also (IMO) generally add value by the sheer virtue being well-known for what they do more than by how much better they (ostensibly) are at doing it than legions of non-famous ones... ...who've created lots of good to amazing musical experiences for me on nights where they may have made $200.  So no, they're not gonna move me. But I'm a plebe... ...and singularly...
 The Royals themselves are a parasitic carryover (and much more German than English), but the interest in them contributes much more to GB's economy than it costs to maintain them "in the style to which they are accustomed." Publishing (Royal gossip, weddings, babies, notable knightings, etc. - on the net, in print, on video nets intensely within the country, but far beyond it), merch, royal tourism and more... ...People go to England TO see Buckingham Palace, the changing...