or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I've got two ideas unaddressed since at least Tiger and likely going back to 10.0 that they could spend a tiny bit of the monies involved on: 1. Add the choice of saving Grab's screenshots as JPG's so they can be posted to places TIFF's can't be (and it's not like they're super-hi-res files for archiving/advanced editing) Taking care of this neglected, leftover annoyance (which forces me to round-trip most of my grabs via Photoshop) would take one person a day or less I'd...
Thanks for the vid.  Sent it my unk, who's a retired IBMer.......and as for the contretemps between Watson and NCR that led to his being fired, there's a great historical followup to that story.... ....one that played out over a period of 70 or so years after the incident that led to IBM being formed.......so this is a dead thread and a longish story (it's long been clear that enterprise stuff doesn't much engage the readership base here plus an old post by now), but will...
To my knowledge, this strategic joint venture doesn't involve Watson nor integrating Siri with Watson smarts.  The notion keeps coming up because it intuitively sounds good.  And (in some way to come) could happen one suppose, tho Watson is not a massively parallel networked service for millions to simultaneously access at this point (I think). Ergo, Siri's not going on Jeopardy anytime soon, however appealing the potential seems.......and would you want all your Siri...
There's lots of legitimate reasons not to be, but I'm a Big Blue fan - my Uncle was a 35 year IBM'er, they were where THE computing science action was in my youth (I'm ooold), etc.  And for all the hostility to MS on these forums based on how they played back in the day, they also almost destroyed IBM in what I still feel was a play dirty fashion... ...acts IBM has never really fully recovered from.  So an unabashed soft spot.That said, IBM is in considerable trouble as an...
If, as the article begins, "Apple understands that device backups are only useful when the process is automatic and done regularly, which is why the feature is baked into iOS and handled by iCloud," why does it take an article this long and complicated to begin to explain how to use it... ...and which left me with more questions at the end than I had at the beginning....?? (I'm just back into a Mac being my primary machine after five years of Windows, btw, with most of my...
Quote: Hmmm. Isn't there a rule on no objective, informed non-anti-Google comments here?  Should I report you to the admins....??  
 It was a created media feeding frenzy issue in America where Ebola was never going to be a threat unless it had a sizable spontaneous mutation, but a huge and real issue in poor African countries with almost no health infrastructure and many other variables making it difficult to get a handle on the outbreak. And some of these countries have lost many key people of the few they did have... ...with health, geopolitical, economic and other major consequences that will...
   Happens every month in the Comics/graphic novel worlds, where "created collectibles" to increase sales is a time-honored tradition...
You said it.  Things like where's my simply printable step by step directions on the Mac browser version? Screw all this whiz-bang UI crap where next steps pop up or whatever they're doing instead......nearly unusable for my current purposes... 
 Beat me to it.... :)