or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Brilliant for those old enough to catch the ref....!
  IBM and Apple have actually been playing nice in various ways since MS threw IBM into a tailspin it's never fully recovered from... ...and is very much still in.... ....and IBM needs Apple much more than other way round these days... ....so all these recent moves represent "Big Blue" doing its best to pick a little of Apple's "halo effect" as they grasp onto its coattails......I actually admire the role of both companies (with some exceptions) in the history of computing...
Where (on any map) is this "Unites States" you speak of....?    :)
 Won't happen.....  Not in the config Apple uses in 15" MBP's Intel  has well-known patterns.  Even if the first Skylake SKUs come out in the fall, a good number of months minimum for higher end parts.
I'll still use a "non-integrated" stand (I have a $5.00 mini-beanbag and an old mini-easel that used to hold something else) and a cable to be able to watch videos in landscape - in the kitchen, on my desk, back seat of the car, etc., etc. The rest of you are free to enjoy paying $40 to show off your phone in portrait mode.
And you think the size of the "bump" on the 6's camera isn't big enough...?? Altho' how about this......Add a (non-space taking) "magmount" around the existing lens that would instantly grab and hold an Apple-made optical zoom (or wide angle or other specialty focal length) external accessory lens - with micromotors operated by native software on the phone's camera app - with zoom controls that would appear whenever the phone senses it's been mounted... ..granted, another...
 Yup - when you said from founder Joe Couloumbe.  Interesting article in the link below, btw....  And many organic foods at near conventional produce prices. Plus unique products you won't find anywhere else.  Good on ya', mate. I'm always treated well by Joe people....
I'd be happy if Spotlight could reliably find things on my Mac. Maybe I'm "not typing it right" - but I've been singularly unimpressed with the feature since Tiger days, and I keep trying, but never crosses my mind for general searching.  E.g, if I want to do a quick Wikipedia search I type the search term and "!w" into Duck Duck Go. And long as I'm taking Apple's wanting to be all things to us to task, I'm even less impressed with notification center.  Nearly everything...
 C'mon, mate.... ....even if they were to crash and burn as fast as something of their size and inertia could (which, I sense, isn't going to happen under Nadella), they still rate a couple of chapters... ....not all paens of praise chapters, but a hugely important and impactful company in the personal computing revolution and all that's followed. MS and Apple are certainly the most important since IBM.  With Amazon and Google a tier below for now.And whether, facebook and...
  Having "Pro" in the (possible) name is likely a clue, y'think....??It does seem inherently a bit of nichey product.... ....but a niche that could be nicely profitable, fairly large and perennial.  Artists, animators, photographers sure.... ....but also in health care settings, all kinds of business settings (retail checkout via Apple Pay/NFC, wholesale, manufacturing, real estate sales, etc., etc.  where some of all of the hypothesized feature set could be useful in...