or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Fixed it for you Dep't:  "We are all ready for a 'game' changer."
Huhh.  None of the posts I multi-quoted came up here...  So I'll just settle for saying that since likely a great majority of buyers always go for the base model (in Macs, iPhones, iPads, etc.), Apple's been shooting themselves in the base-model unspeccing dep't for years - decades actually - by providing sub-par experiences for users who might leave them out of frustration when they could have become long-term repeat buyers.... ...and RAM seems to be the area they're...
 I doubt there's enough people rocking Edge yet who also want to watch an Apple keynote to make much of a dent...
Not quite sure what you mean.  I use iHeart Radio for.... a) its limited number of terrestrial radio station streams - I see lots of complaints about the Tune-in App on the store reviews, so I just use that as a radio web service in my Mac browser even though Tune-in gets many more stations. (I also find the web interface quirky and confusing so dunno if that would carry over to the app as well.) b) for algorithmic streams based on artist/song etc - which seem as good as...
Saw this coming on day one (assuming Beats 1 was a success)... ...but on the other hand don't see this post drawing a ton of comments after being up for awhile....  ....so does that imply a possible lack of a huge demand....?? Meanwhile, I listened to the B1 for a few days and felt I dug it well enough, but haven't found myself going back - and I haven't been moved to even get a free AM trial sub.   There's so (so) much out there now, i.e., I'm happy with all my...
 Re: "Look at all the most successful investors in history. They were all guys who would buy stocks and hold them for YEARS if not DECADES. " To paraphrase Bill Clinton, that depends on what the meaning of the word "investor" is.  To me like you it means mostly making calculated bets to buy and hold fiscal instruments.  And the most committed are often "value" investors like Warren Buffett. I never even buy individual stocks (although I really wanted to buy Apple at $17...
 Except.... Saved me the typing.  :-)  This universal sign-in requirement - to use some Google-owned services at least - and to the delight of YouTube trolls among other more rational sorts - is going away as G+ is further decoupled from the Googlesphere to focus on more limited purposes.  (Announced within the last few days.)
"What...? Y'all care about what li'l ol' me thinks?"
 Yep stop the presses!!  More battery life too.  Who saw that coming....?!? It's all welcome, though.
 Not until it can be fully useful without an iPhone - unless phone sales go to something like 200M/yr.  Which, hmmm, they possibly could....  ...and a few gens down the line the watch will doubtlessly do much more on its own....  ....so my initial skepticism's tempering by each word I write.  So. All righty then... :)