or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Maybe the most glitch-filled launch I can remember, from the Asian language voice-over in the Keynote stream, to the ordering system issues, to (and I dunno if Apple could have prevented this, but embarrassing and reveals they very likely put words into the mouth of paid endorsers who've never seen the product they're rhapsodizing about) the Joan Rivers facebook endorsement from beyond the grave, to "bend gate" (has Apple commented yet?  Is it a thing or not?) to...
 Don't waste your curiousity. My sense is you'd find very little there there.....  ....the minds of most trolls are deadly dull.
Slight update:Windows 8 - A misconceived touch-enabled UI bolted on top of a 64-bit memory extension plugin for a 32 bit graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company owned by a man with not 1 bit of common sense.(And, to be fair, not to say there aren't a *few* old code relics lurking in OS X. Just not as glaring and built on a sounder foundation.)(Strikes me an analogous description...
 I'll go on record as saying that when the 5s gets deprecated to free, that I expect Apple will release a new 4" phone, making a line of three new models they'll stick with for a few years - while being able to also offer those three phones the next year at lower price points, so covering the major high end segments of the market - and - having more offerings at two lower ends (last year's models and the year before models) to boot.At least 4" still feels to me like a very...
I could have put that better, thanks... ...In assigning a value to the innards of a scrapped-for-gold-value Apple watch, what I meant was that in pulling the electronics and all non-precious metal parts out of the case, everything that made it an iDevice - i.e., the (by the likely time of sale) 2 or more year old electronics, design, software (OS and apps), Apple ecosystem, etc. - for which the bare entry-level price was $350 will have been discounted to zero resale value...
Exactly... ...Apple's seeding all their devices and OS's with new tech, e.g., 64bitness in A-series processors and iOS (tho' they did "trumpet" that for a few minutes), and this new codec... ...so that as user-facing applications using the new technologies come on line, all their current and recent inventory will be poised for uptake across the board.  (E.g., 64 bit has barely begun to come to its full potential on the platform, but a critical mass of devices is building...
I'll take a stab at answering your last question...  ...starting with the math for the value if gold doesn't double:  First the cost of the watch and tech piece of the equation (about $350 give or take), is gone - i.e., the guts and tech are e-waste without a case.  So, if not being sold as a "working classic (i.e., obsolete) Apple Watch" just scrap metal that has to be recycled....Second, gold jewelery is sold at retail, and bought back from consumers at some fraction of...
    This is long-term bullshit more than short term brilliance... ...but not evidence Apple is devolving, rather that they continue (as they have for decades) to leave potential customers for life on the table in the name of a few bucks of extra margin today by underspeccing base product models (usually RAM and storage), when nearly everyone I know who buys their first Apple product buys the base config - whether it's it's the best to meet their needs or leave them...
 Don't bitch... ...buying on the dips has always been the best way to capitalize on correct long-term convictions...
I find it unlikely they're going to shoot all their big announcements for the year in one event....   ....not an efficient use of the amazing and lingering press coverage they can get by spacing releases out into at least two distinct news cycles....