or Connect

Posts by bigpics

The point is that mobile devices as primary computing devices are eclipsing (or have already eclipsed) personal computers for many to most uses, and as tech advances, whatever mobile form factors evolve to be, the trend will only continue for a good while.  Which could leave MS - except for apps (and for now as apps evolve as well and there are evermore "office a-likes" and other apps in the categories they play in) - totally out of the mainstream user action and the...
 If engineering chops and design improvements are innovation, Apple's way up in the stratosphere.If innovation is more regarded as the invention of new devices and device classes, not nearly so high, but it doesn't matter because they're so good at the above they redefine if not invent markets.Where they do deserve invention credit is in the hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands of the iterative aspects of tech (some abetted by acquisition, but no matter) that allow...
 Damn yuppies ruining the nabe.... ...walking around messaging, leaning against buildings and surfing, standing in line once a year.....
The only things I get about all this obsession with minor, to me nearly indiscernible, diffs in fonts (although the Neue managed to piss me off by being so thin I could barely see it in small sizes and easily lost in contrast even in larger one), are that.....   1. I must be a font Philistine because most of the arguments seem to be over things I either really don't see - or if I can - don't care about in the least.  And so be it.  I also tend not to spend over $20 on a...
 Given all you should "globally" know about computing, not taking the side of anything except being factual, a very disingenuous post.... #1. It's Cortana not "Cortina" - or is that just an intentional diss? #2. Bing (much to MS' chagrin) is hardly a major revenue center for MS, let alone a profit one.  More a business line they've felt constrained not to totally cede to Google.  #3. In trying to recover from the Sinofsky/Win 8 disaster, MS is incentivizing current users...
 I'm guessing I'm older than you, and I♥︎Radio and YouTube are great (free) "surfacers" of new music for me.... ....not only artists and music I wouldn't have known otherwise, but YouTube especially brings me gems I've never heard/seen from even the most familiar of my fave artists... ...from the '30s to the '90s, e.g. live versions, alt versions, interviews, jams with other musicians, etc.......and more than plenty of discovery (plus my library) (plus all the terrestrial...
 I believes you're right... ...but if it works out I'm curious to see if Maps may join it... ...not that Maps is monetized by more users (or is it??) but would benefit from the scale of user feedback....  ...and from sheer mind share and the halo effect of being "a standard" ....NTM having a good experience on the early versions of iTunes for Windows - seeing how things work the Apple way - is what got me to buy my first Mac and iPod....  ...so a very sensible "back to the...
FYI...  ...I♥︎Radio offers pop-up detailed artist bios in general when you're listening - as well as song lyrics - and both can be kept up after another song starts until you can get through as much as you like.... 
Not too shabby a version at all.  Don't think we disagree.  If the UI's all muddled with junk you have to scroll or swipe through, the user experience degrades quickly.Still, UI's an Apple core competency and there's every reason to expect it to be navigable. Although, while I follow the news, I don't currently have any accessory box running and don't know how cumbersome the current TV interface is - especially given all the channels Apple's added since its last...
Why?Would you be forced to watch or play other choices than your personal ones?..."Apple Anounces SockRolid TV"..