or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Absolutely.  We (posters, bloggers, analysts, etc.) have all missed it - and it's right there in the event title:  "Spring Forward".... ....the Watch is going to sport a fine mechanical auto-charging mechanism capturing the user's wrist motions, and the oscillations of that will generate a small current trickle-charging a smallish battery (whose small size will leave the room for the aforesaid bit of neo-retro kit)... ...basically employing the same principle as many...
   Yup. As Chinese sales ramp up, Apple's on pace to increasingly get two "holiday quarters" in a row going forward...
What...?!?That's it.  I'm not buying....      
 I've read the objections to points in your post, and granting that some are valid for some will note.... ...iPad sales have stalled - and not because Android tablets have increased. Hmmmmm.
 My Office uses are Word focused. I only use simple functions on Excel - and can at least understand how to format output on Numbers - something which has never made sense to me in any version of opaque Excel. Despite trying to figure it out over more years than I care to mention. So a Numbers guy now.And while PP is functional, Keynote is far superior IMO.  As for the rest, Evernote is the (free to use) OneNote for those who again don't want to climb an insane learning...
 Maybe if it was a keyboard too for that price.... ...but naww. 
 Agree both parties have things to gain and lose on the line - both short and longer term.People have also mentioned Spotlight's growing ability to add online results to searches there, but a long way to go if they have serious plans along these lines.  Maybe investing in DDG would give them a leg up?? Off-but-on-topic PS: For starters, I'd be happy if Spotlight would simply find files I'm looking for.  It misses most - even ones I'm LOOKING AT in Finder - so I'm just...
 As I noted earlier, people tend not to learn options, but DDG's "!bangs" are a good one.  And a super simple one to memorize is to add "!g" to a DuckDuckGo search, in which case it delivers the Google results for comparison. PS: !b and !y also deliver the Bing and Yahoo results respectively. While !w, !A and !yt give you WikiP, Amazon and YouTube search results.  Etc.So with DDG you can easily have BoAW: Best of all worlds. Without changing defaults or having to select...
 It can't be entirely discounted that Apple still has something on the line here... ....the very (long-running) familiarity of Google as the search default.  "Bing" and "binging" aren't exactly common verbs yet (nor likely to ever become such), many of us can't even think of the word "Yahoo" without being traumatized by exposure to all of those horrible "yodeling" commercials from years past, and many find comfort in being presented splashes that they know and "get."Just...
 DDG's been making headway in various arenas and glad to see a viable alternative search business model emerging, so getting closer to ready for prime time acceptance next to the "big engines." People can change default habits in large numbers over time - witness Safari, Chrome and FF vs IE, and Goog search being "down" to 75%. Duck's also got some cool/unique features beyond vanilla search (e.g., !bangs), but all those things tend to be ancillary usage drivers since...