or Connect

Posts by bigpics

...and of course, Unobtanium....
 I think you're the closest to it.... ...more below....Partly, we're getting into, "If you have to ask the price, you don't need to know the price, 'cos it's not for you." territory with this puppy. Again more below....  The new MacBook is aspirational.  iPhones are aspirational.  And the two lower brackets of the W are as well, but - when you get to the land that new model/marathoner/activist/you name it role model Apple spokesperson and her aspirers live in, they're not...
   Giving the devil his due, he did get nearly all the specs right - retina, 12" and the single USB-C port in particular.  That said, projecting sales is a rather different skill set from ferreting out product info...Interestingly, BTW, in quoting him, AI inexplicably failed to add "well-connected" to the rest of the "full name" (KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo) they usually give him (WCKSAMCK)...  No, but the high price and anemic processing speed of the original Air...
  Not usually a conspiracy theorist and honestly couldn't tell "bad DNS" from "Weird Science" - but if not an attack (that the company didn't want to admit succeeded), possibly - in light of the revelations about how the CIA might have substituted their "X-Code with a backdoor" deeply into the Apple infrastructure - they might have needed to take down a whole chunk of infrastructure to reinstall clean code and programs from scratch to regain the security of their systems...
 Absolutely.  We (posters, bloggers, analysts, etc.) have all missed it - and it's right there in the event title:  "Spring Forward".... ....the Watch is going to sport a fine mechanical auto-charging mechanism capturing the user's wrist motions, and the oscillations of that will generate a small current trickle-charging a smallish battery (whose small size will leave the room for the aforesaid bit of neo-retro kit)... ...basically employing the same principle as many...
   Yup. As Chinese sales ramp up, Apple's on pace to increasingly get two "holiday quarters" in a row going forward...
What...?!?That's it.  I'm not buying....      
 I've read the objections to points in your post, and granting that some are valid for some will note.... ...iPad sales have stalled - and not because Android tablets have increased. Hmmmmm.
 My Office uses are Word focused. I only use simple functions on Excel - and can at least understand how to format output on Numbers - something which has never made sense to me in any version of opaque Excel. Despite trying to figure it out over more years than I care to mention. So a Numbers guy now.And while PP is functional, Keynote is far superior IMO.  As for the rest, Evernote is the (free to use) OneNote for those who again don't want to climb an insane learning...
 Maybe if it was a keyboard too for that price.... ...but naww.