or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Actually it gives Google a counter advertising slogan to Apple's new-found Enterprise success... "Android, now deployed in 95% of the Jihad 400...."
 Samsung:  "A company about nothing....."   Would they not be rooting for HTC, the upcoming Lenovo/Motorola combine and other non-forking/less bloatware adding Android makers instead....??
This stuff is gonna be a fraction of the price and have more tricks in a few years.  I'll wait 'til then, thanks.  Being "first on my block" for the purpose of being first has never mattered to me (thank goodness).  If I like what some tech does I'll get it when it's a good value, even if it's become "passé" in the press.
  The reflexive avoid the problem of passing things through the cerebral cortex by calling up a talking point and clicking....  Long as you're being the grammar and syntax corrector for others, I'll gore your ox as well:  You meant "whose"....
Tom Watson's IBM came up in the era when the technology business was more about business and business relationships than technology... ...the roots of their corporate culture were already four decades old when digital computers were first built.And even longer before people started yammering about "corporate culture" as a meme.My uncle was a salesman there for 40 years.  All through the company song book era.  IBM has always been innovative (sooner or later, and sometimes...
Welcome news.  Apple's relative spending on R&D vs marketing, supply chain management, etc. has long been a bit of a sore point in my view of how they do business. Not that they do too much of the latter two (nor that they haven't been spectacularly successful as a result), rather that IMO they and we could have benefited even more from more of the former - and with this relatively low R&D being a trend dating back decades.  The company (think it may have been Jobs) has...
Does it do video (Terminator vision clips!) or just stills....?
I'm with WelshDog and then some.  I feel positively liberated since I quit strapping/unstrapping an appliance on my wrist multiple times a day.  And it's almost hard to look around any interior environment (car, home) without the time on display somewhere.  In retrospect in this day and age, to my (admittedly strange) mind, more slave bracelet than fashion accessory.Also one less damn object to maintain, manage, keep track of.  And in my case, with an allergy to base...
Hmmm.  Speed bumps are better than a poke with a sharp stick, still, it makes one start wondering if we'll see any Broadwell Macs (or any Broadwell machines from any PC maker) this year.... ....and in particular, likely no MBA with retina....
Actually, it's going to mostly be an power efficient pink unicorn with with otherwise about the same magic as Haswell shooting out of its ass...