or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I find it unlikely they're going to shoot all their big announcements for the year in one event....   ....not an efficient use of the amazing and lingering press coverage they can get by spacing releases out into at least two distinct news cycles....
Quote: A very "Cookian" move (and a welcome one by me) as his style's being added to the corp's ongoing DNA....  Ha, I remember that bit of super over hype as well....  ...at least Woz liked (likes?) his.......and about 20 years earlier, the NY Times going gaga over the development of diamond film - that was going to replace many states of other industrial arts from integrated circuits to (still uninvented) smart phone screens...  ...so where are our diamond screen phones...
Point of fact, can't give you an answer.  I'm still managing my own passwords with various schemes I created years ago and keep tweaking.  But I'm looking at password managers and a number of podcasters I listen to on TWIT (guests and resident hosts) seem happy enough with LastPass (I'd get the $12/year version)... ....so I shoulda' said "a secure password manager"....  ...as I too worry about the security of LastPass itself.  So I was just saying that in general people...
Leaving anything you don't want seen in an online computer or repository with anything less than best practices (frequently changed LastPass passwords, two factor authentication, 256 bit AES encryption, e.g.) is an invitation to the "hackarazzis"... ...that said, sometimes I wonder about some of the photos that get leaked, i.e., I can see wannabe D-listers, somewhat there starlets who can't get press, and those finding themselves losing relevance, "Wow, look what leaks...
Wait long enough and you find a good association for any bit of quirky trivia... ...in this case from Donovan's weirdest departure...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voGckb0gAfc   
Agreed, mostly.... ....I'm not sayin' the emperor's naked, but in the case of this product (and other "beautiful [sometimes over] simplifications" Apple's offered over the years), sometimes his garb's not as cool as he thinks it to be....
 In the case of Comcast, it's not John Q. Public, it's your fellow Comcast customers (even though most customers whose home routers - post 2012 versions - make them "Xfinity Wifi" hotspots - aren't even aware of the fact they are serving up a node - and so certainly aren't personally keeping track of who's accessed it, tho' I suppose Comcast is...???).... ....so in this implementation of the concept it's more those who've paid up get to scratch each other's backs when out...
 Note:  Mac sales were a relative high point in Apple's last quarterly report, while iPad sales were the sore point, and they've not been discounted. Also Apple targets profit margins more than almost any company of its size - and have long been willing to sacrifice some potential sales to maintain 'em.  So once the cost of amortizing the production lines for current form factors had been absorbed, with no major re-tooling this year - once it became clear Intel had finally...
  TS believes right.... Forbes [ August, 2012]:  "Apple spent less than 1% of sales last year [2011] on advertising.  ... As a percentage of sales, [MS's] advertising was 2.2%" WSJ [March, 2013]:  "In 2012, Samsung spent $401 million advertising its phones in the U.S. to Apple's $333 million, according to ad research and consulting firm Kantar Media. FORTUNE [November, 2013]:  Asymco‘s Horace Dediu on Monday used last week’s release of Apple’s AAPL fiscal 2013 advertising...
Actually it gives Google a counter advertising slogan to Apple's new-found Enterprise success... "Android, now deployed in 95% of the Jihad 400...."