or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Is it safe to start iTunes again yet...??
 ...said someone who spends their time on a site hungry for rumors which can only be fed by outsiders depending on sources of necessarily varying reliability.... If these people were right 100% of the time there'd be no need for AppleInsider.... ...and if Apple was that easy to read and predict, it'd be a less fascinating enterprise... ...altho parts and other supplier leaks have compromised their once near total control of the pipeline info flo.... ...and judged by major...
 Except (granting the adequacy of Pages, the relative simplicity of Numbers and the superiority of Keynote for most individual users) Apple has no competitive products in the enterprise space for office productivity, especially in spreadsheets, and you have to do the export two-step to share any iWork files with 90%+ of the computing world in general...(I guess that last is technically no longer true given Apple's iWorks for iCloud beta online offering, but then, even with...
 Hope so. I'm hanging on for it (and I really badly need a new PC)... ...too bad Intel decided to break Moore's law this year with Broadwell slipping multiple times or we'd already have it. I'm sure it was planned for this years holiday season early in the year and they're just holding off. Personally I can't imagine they won't.  But then I thought they'd refresh the 5s with an A8, etc.  given that it was the best selling single phone model in the world (right?) right up...
Wiley Coyote (some buddy of Larry Ellison's??) is the major stockholder and CEO.  And their Road Runner lines just can't be beat for speed....
I think, actually, that is part of where they're going.  Fashion and Life Style products, home automation, automobile interfaces, medical provider interfaces, payment processing, entertainment and other digital content delivery, web services (backup, iCloud apps, etc.). Because at a certain point the cash flow of those businesses could easily eclipse the revenue from the sales of Macs and iPads, i.e., devices with a clear emphasis on productivity (Mac more than iPad,...
 I don't get it (part one)...  ...Given Apple's history (and the release of new OS's in general) I always wait until an x.0.2 or .3 update has been out and stable for at least a few days before thinking of upgrading from the previous version. And if I had a six with native iOS 8 and it was working even fairly well, I'd stay on what it came with and again eschew upgrading to the same until point releases were known to be stable.Just a precaution with nothing of value lost...
Maybe the most glitch-filled launch I can remember, from the Asian language voice-over in the Keynote stream, to the ordering system issues, to (and I dunno if Apple could have prevented this, but embarrassing and reveals they very likely put words into the mouth of paid endorsers who've never seen the product they're rhapsodizing about) the Joan Rivers facebook endorsement from beyond the grave, to "bend gate" (has Apple commented yet?  Is it a thing or not?) to...
 Don't waste your curiousity. My sense is you'd find very little there there.....  ....the minds of most trolls are deadly dull.
Slight update:Windows 8 - A misconceived touch-enabled UI bolted on top of a 64-bit memory extension plugin for a 32 bit graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company owned by a man with not 1 bit of common sense.(And, to be fair, not to say there aren't a *few* old code relics lurking in OS X. Just not as glaring and built on a sounder foundation.)(Strikes me an analogous description...