or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Celebrity DJ's (like the Royals and Kardashians reffed above) are a minor form of American icons themselves who also (IMO) generally add value by the sheer virtue being well-known for what they do more than by how much better they (ostensibly) are at doing it than legions of non-famous ones... ...who've created lots of good to amazing musical experiences for me on nights where they may have made $200.  So no, they're not gonna move me. But I'm a plebe... ...and singularly...
 The Royals themselves are a parasitic carryover (and much more German than English), but the interest in them contributes much more to GB's economy than it costs to maintain them "in the style to which they are accustomed." Publishing (Royal gossip, weddings, babies, notable knightings, etc. - on the net, in print, on video nets intensely within the country, but far beyond it), merch, royal tourism and more... ...People go to England TO see Buckingham Palace, the changing...
 Thanks for the informational reply.  I haven't been fond of Parallel's pushy upgrade path, and given the state of Putin's Russia, haven't been ecstatic about wanting to install a product from that unhappy country with such deep hooks into my machine anyway.   But my MBA ('13, i7, 8GB/512GB) is pretty much my current workstation - plugged into multiple monitors, external drives, printer/scanner etc. and I don't generally want to unplug it from all of that to use it on the...
 Brilliant for those old enough to catch the ref....!
  IBM and Apple have actually been playing nice in various ways since MS threw IBM into a tailspin it's never fully recovered from... ...and is very much still in.... ....and IBM needs Apple much more than other way round these days... ....so all these recent moves represent "Big Blue" doing its best to pick a little of Apple's "halo effect" as they grasp onto its coattails......I actually admire the role of both companies (with some exceptions) in the history of computing...
Where (on any map) is this "Unites States" you speak of....?    :)
 Won't happen.....  Not in the config Apple uses in 15" MBP's Intel  has well-known patterns.  Even if the first Skylake SKUs come out in the fall, a good number of months minimum for higher end parts.
I'll still use a "non-integrated" stand (I have a $5.00 mini-beanbag and an old mini-easel that used to hold something else) and a cable to be able to watch videos in landscape - in the kitchen, on my desk, back seat of the car, etc., etc. The rest of you are free to enjoy paying $40 to show off your phone in portrait mode.
And you think the size of the "bump" on the 6's camera isn't big enough...?? Altho' how about this......Add a (non-space taking) "magmount" around the existing lens that would instantly grab and hold an Apple-made optical zoom (or wide angle or other specialty focal length) external accessory lens - with micromotors operated by native software on the phone's camera app - with zoom controls that would appear whenever the phone senses it's been mounted... ..granted, another...
 Yup - when you said from founder Joe Couloumbe.  Interesting article in the link below, btw....  And many organic foods at near conventional produce prices. Plus unique products you won't find anywhere else.  Good on ya', mate. I'm always treated well by Joe people....