or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Apple's become what they are today by focusing on stuff they can sell in quantity and make good $$ on.  Obviously not enough people were buying Aperture. (They keep the Pro around for its halo effect and to provide a path for pros who outgrow their mass offerings... ...but that remains viable because it will run the shit out of Adobe's stuff as well.)  Of the possible BIG pair-ups out there that could work for Apple, I've long felt Adobe was the most likely candidate. ...
 ...or, given its legendary freezing and MS' current focus on all thing Google, "Hangups".....
 Actually you're both wrong.  Just got the $100 plus the full additional $150 off a 13.3" and paid $749.00......especially sweet as I'd just "settled" on a refurbed 2013 11.6" for $719 (close to max what my ex gal pal could afford, tho she felt cramped by the screen res as an artist), so returned that to the Apple Store (with 4 days left on the 14 return window), drove 10 more miles, and got a bunch more machine for $30...!!  FTR, not a huge BB fan-guy, but they told me...
 Just hoping the Sprint acquisition doesn't mess the whole thing up, tho' I hear Legere's in line to run the combined op (CDMA/GSM incompatibilities and all).
 1. Because, d'ohh, T-Mob is "the Un-Carrier"  2. Because (altho it's hung on for decades, and I've never gone near their stuff for the last 15 years from my early experiences) pretty much everything from Rob Glaser's companies (RealPlayer --> RealNetworks --> Rhapsody) have (reportedly) continued to have notable downsides...PS: the history and branching was much simplified above...PPS: But guess I'll try it out when I activate my new BYOP over there, even with...
 Well, so far this year from Intel - with this being at least the second release date pushback - it's "there goes Moore's law".... Except this time the Win makers are caught in the same bottleneck, so no relative disadvantage.......on the other hand, by the time the A9 or 10 roll out, they could well be used in "other products" that previously would've had "Intel Inside" - not the whole line I'd guess and one thing to go would be running Windows natively.But with their...
Actually from the reaction I'm seeing to the Fire Phone announcement (on the Verge, Android sites and elsewhere), it may be the most underwhelming of the above... ...big round of "no ways" and other strong negative commentary......and btw Apple price cutting - not all related to inventory clearance and not all overseas seems to be becoming a bit of thing itself... ...welcome to me and I'm sure Tim's got his eye on the gross and net margins...First the price cut on the...
 It's no longer a stretch to fully expect Apple to expand the iPhone line to two "fully current models" in late 2014... ...just as they offer with iPads (Air and Mini), MBA's (11.6 and 13.3") (unless the rumored "12" retina" model consolidates the small notebook business to one model this year), rMBP's (13 & 15 - for - I'd say - another year at least), and iMacs (two will remain for sure IMO).And if one phone is 4", the other assuredly will NOT be 5.5", nor do I see them...
 It's gonna be around awhile... Björk's Biophilia App Will Be Added to Curriculum in Select European SchoolsAs part of the Biophilia Educational Programme http://pitchfork.com/news/55577-bjorks-biophilia-app-will-be-added-to-curriculum-in-select-european-schools/
 I've always found Björk a fascinating figure - her unique music/Icelandic roots, distinctive videos, her iconoclastic ways (art as life/life as art), the other unexpected arenas she pops up in noticeable ways... ...and it's not that she's someone I listen to/watch over and over, or that I even like all her work, but give her big props for creativity, originality and breaking new ground... ...and here's another (way interesting and unique) first she's achieved......so good...