or Connect

Posts by bigpics

There's much more to the story - both before and after 1937.  And on the civil service side, Harry J. Anslinger really was a pip.And legendary NYC Mayor, Fiorello La Guardia ("The Little Flower") agreed. He appointed a commission of investigation in 1938, whose 1944 report strongly objected to Anslinger's campaign.So there's totally a timely film (or films) to make at this point. And hopefully better than this one:BTW, the federal government's constitutional authority to...
 Partly right and mostly wrong.  See below. Words and their meanings, connotations and nuances do matter. Ever seen any derisive nicknames for Samsung, Android or Microsoft used for effect on these forums?  Once or twice at least... ..haha...  It was not only the Hearst family (and the Mellons and duPonts), but organizations within the federal government - looking for something to demonize after it was clear that prohibition of "demon rum" (see words do matter!) was on the...
More specifically, please quit calling him (over and over) as if all the words are part of his name, "well-connected insider Ming-Chi Kuo."I'm sure he puts in some time, has cultivated a network of contacts in the industry... ...and his mongering is as reportable as anyone's on a rumor site... ...but he's more like "sometimes more accurate than other even less accurate self-styled Apple pundits Ming-Chi Kuo."
 Yep....  Kirk & Crew rescue Chekov from 20th Century MedicineBones: "..it sounds like the goddamn Spanish Inquisition..."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMaGnpVaSGQ 
 Can you still spell "skeumorphic" boys and girls? :-D  Well, hope I like renting Adobe software then, as Photos complexifies my life by being too simple. Most the photos I work with are scanned family history stuff and scans of film-based fine art photography that needs to be carefully sorted by date, family branch and other variables like degree of restoration, duplicates of TIFF scans and various degrees of jpg copies suitable for various destinations - and the fact...
 Knew I was liking the whole site less and that it had drifted out of my loop, but guess I fell out of the bigger picture loop as well... ...thnx...
Just a chance to paraphrase Jackie Gleason's famous "To the moon, Alice" on the classic "Honeymooners" show.... ....no actual Apple space fleet  recommended... :)
 Re MacBreak Weekly, I still listen/watch, however it's apparent that Leo's not taking the time to fully acquaint himself with much that he expounds on these days (on MBW and other shows he hosts) with his whole network to occupy him, and Ihnatko always speaks in looong sentences.  But there's still Rene Ritchie of iMore and the POV of Alex Lindsay who runs a production company with multiple Mac Pros and other gear.Jon Gruber's podcasts also tend to drift into things that...
 ..."To the moon, Apple!!"...
Not too much cannabalization is going on - or at least not in a way destructive to Apple - when their NET profit margin - as well as their record-for-any-corp-ever-quarterly-profit both show a very healthy bump up (in a quarter when they've cut some Mac prices). So not to worry on that score......and they've always shown a willingness to let newer form factors displace some older ones over time... ...and have managed the transitions well.  From Classic Macs thru iMacs,...