or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Leaving anything you don't want seen in an online computer or repository with anything less than best practices (frequently changed LastPass passwords, two factor authentication, 256 bit AES encryption, e.g.) is an invitation to the "hackarazzis"... ...that said, sometimes I wonder about some of the photos that get leaked, i.e., I can see wannabe D-listers, somewhat there starlets who can't get press, and those finding themselves losing relevance, "Wow, look what leaks...
Wait long enough and you find a good association for any bit of quirky trivia... ...in this case from Donovan's weirdest departure...   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voGckb0gAfc   
Agreed, mostly.... ....I'm not sayin' the emperor's naked, but in the case of this product (and other "beautiful [sometimes over] simplifications" Apple's offered over the years), sometimes his garb's not as cool as he thinks it to be....
 In the case of Comcast, it's not John Q. Public, it's your fellow Comcast customers (even though most customers whose home routers - post 2012 versions - make them "Xfinity Wifi" hotspots - aren't even aware of the fact they are serving up a node - and so certainly aren't personally keeping track of who's accessed it, tho' I suppose Comcast is...???).... ....so in this implementation of the concept it's more those who've paid up get to scratch each other's backs when out...
 Note:  Mac sales were a relative high point in Apple's last quarterly report, while iPad sales were the sore point, and they've not been discounted. Also Apple targets profit margins more than almost any company of its size - and have long been willing to sacrifice some potential sales to maintain 'em.  So once the cost of amortizing the production lines for current form factors had been absorbed, with no major re-tooling this year - once it became clear Intel had finally...
  TS believes right.... Forbes [ August, 2012]:  "Apple spent less than 1% of sales last year [2011] on advertising.  ... As a percentage of sales, [MS's] advertising was 2.2%" WSJ [March, 2013]:  "In 2012, Samsung spent $401 million advertising its phones in the U.S. to Apple's $333 million, according to ad research and consulting firm Kantar Media. FORTUNE [November, 2013]:  Asymco‘s Horace Dediu on Monday used last week’s release of Apple’s AAPL fiscal 2013 advertising...
Actually it gives Google a counter advertising slogan to Apple's new-found Enterprise success... "Android, now deployed in 95% of the Jihad 400...."
 Samsung:  "A company about nothing....."   Would they not be rooting for HTC, the upcoming Lenovo/Motorola combine and other non-forking/less bloatware adding Android makers instead....??
This stuff is gonna be a fraction of the price and have more tricks in a few years.  I'll wait 'til then, thanks.  Being "first on my block" for the purpose of being first has never mattered to me (thank goodness).  If I like what some tech does I'll get it when it's a good value, even if it's become "passé" in the press.
  The reflexive avoid the problem of passing things through the cerebral cortex by calling up a talking point and clicking....  Long as you're being the grammar and syntax corrector for others, I'll gore your ox as well:  You meant "whose"....