or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I'm with WelshDog and then some.  I feel positively liberated since I quit strapping/unstrapping an appliance on my wrist multiple times a day.  And it's almost hard to look around any interior environment (car, home) without the time on display somewhere.  In retrospect in this day and age, to my (admittedly strange) mind, more slave bracelet than fashion accessory.Also one less damn object to maintain, manage, keep track of.  And in my case, with an allergy to base...
Hmmm.  Speed bumps are better than a poke with a sharp stick, still, it makes one start wondering if we'll see any Broadwell Macs (or any Broadwell machines from any PC maker) this year.... ....and in particular, likely no MBA with retina....
Actually, it's going to mostly be an power efficient pink unicorn with with otherwise about the same magic as Haswell shooting out of its ass... 
  IMO, Broadwell's slipping shipping date has kind of thrown the whole industry upgrade cycle off for 2014.  It's not just Apple doing minor refreshes and holding off new machines, it's all the PC makers as well.  So yeah, in this case there's a real, documented and major supply constraint on new CPU's.So no relative disadvantage for Apple (unlike the days when Intel chip advances were leapfrogging PowerPC chip development), but if the "12" Retina" is real, I'm doubting...
 Awarding you the "got the buzzwords and talking points" down gold star for the day.  "Fabricated scandals." Check. "Republican scandal machine." Check. "Working feverishly." Check. Obligatory dragging in a red herring that mentions the Koch Brothers And Murdoch and Fox.  Check. Check. Check. The systemic economic problems in the country are all the Republicans' fault. Check. Your mom will be proud when you get home.  If you ever leave it, that is.... PS: To be fair (a...
Naww. As others have pointed out, post-MS stabbing their patron, IBM, and using IBM's rep and manufacturing muscle, to grapple Apple nearly to the ground, Apple and IBM have actually had a number of relationships that Jobs was deeply involved in..... You a sad guy.  More concerned about an unprofitable niche photography program than Apple's suddenly brighter (as in something distinctly not tarnished) strategic future.  :sMh:
 Exactly.  Political/corporate PR and window dressing.  Our gov't.  can claim to be doing something supportive of small business (while their overall policies are doing much more to crush it). And given the "corporatism" and pandering to big contributors rampant in both parties, while the left and right do so in different ways, "the little guys" are still caught in the middle...And Apple's experiences - going back to Greenpeace and later the Foxconn worker suicide stories...
  Sorry Slurpy, you're outflanked by virtue of living in a world where only technical merit matters.  Maps wasn't a bad beta+/0.9-ish program, but it was rolled out promising to be much more - something it  obviously still wasn't (and is only now approaching), and that gave every anti-Apple interest in the world an opening to pummel the company.  And that was a major gaffe.... ...I.e., in the rough and tumble of high stakes commerce, when you KNOW the media and your...
 Apple's become what they are today by focusing on stuff they can sell in quantity and make good $$ on.  Obviously not enough people were buying Aperture. (They keep the Pro around for its halo effect and to provide a path for pros who outgrow their mass offerings... ...but that remains viable because it will run the shit out of Adobe's stuff as well.)  Of the possible BIG pair-ups out there that could work for Apple, I've long felt Adobe was the most likely candidate. ...
 ...or, given its legendary freezing and MS' current focus on all thing Google, "Hangups".....