or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Don't go away mad, Carl Icahn.  Just go away and bedevil some other company. (And damn, I wish there was some way for Apple to burn his ass on the way out.  Still he's a tricky - and persistent - dick once he sets his sights on something, so this sub-plot will likely have more twists and turns - and maybe many - before it's over....)
Dude, go grab your Lumia 2520 and get your "feature geek" on.  Except the cover's not included, nor Touch ID and the camera, while likely the best in a tab so far, isn't near 40 MP....  ...'cos you obviously don't get the core values, ecosystem and the many small intangibles that set the iPad apart... Corporations and school systems who've already standardized a 30 pin infrastructure for tablets on campus (and for whom better prices are likely available for mass...
This was my take from the first report of "overproduction" of the 5c:  Apple knew it was "supply constrained" on the 5s and wanted to be sure it had enough units of "new iPhones" to be able to meet any reasonable demand, knowing that any degree of early overrun had at least a year to be long-ago absorbed by next October...
 There's a scenario where you can both be mostly right.  Leaving aside whether or not the 5c was the optimal solution for further penetration of developing markets, Apple knew with 95%+ probability they wouldn't be able to meet initial demand for the 5s in their existing largest markets (and the speed of the rollout schedule to many counties on exacerbates the backlog). E.g., a big factor constraining supply may be that ramping up Touch ID production takes time - and...
Yup, "We now interrupt this presumably journalistic speculation article for an uncredited advertisement not labeled as such:" "You may now return to our regular non-self-serving, fair to all vendors coverage of the rumor news..."
I just wonder one thing about micro-USB:  Since there are only two ways to insert it, why do I guess wrong about 80% of the time, LoLz... Well, without dealing with the rest or going into the details, I (and millions of families with 10's of millions of kids) have plenty of problems with most of what's going on in the public school systems, as run by the new "edutocracy" and the NEA...
I thought Cricket was one of the many piggybacking on the Sprint network.  Does this mean they're switching to the ATT one? Or that Cricket phones will access both? Or am I wrong in the first place?
 There are several factors at work here.First, Apple has ample capacity to churn out last year's guts in a plastic case - while challenges somewhere in the supply/production process are limiting their ability to meet demand for the 5s. So they're pushing the 5c partly because they know they can meet any practical demand for it that they can gin up with the marketing.Second, the "production experience" factor has already amortized the cost of gearing up for making the...
New rMBP's would be one (or with MBP's assuming they continue) or four more things (or one or five or six with a new Apple TV and/or Mac Mini separately or with the pro notebooks)... ...though if not major updates, any or all of these may simply be "press released" à la the new iMacs - likely a week or two after this event - line by line or (less likely?) en masse.....   From the available tea leaves it seems like maybe 40% of iPad buyers are nobodies, +/- 5% or so. That's...
Quote: Quote:  Suddenly Newton got the gist. And RogueDog Randy is as right in his follow-up post as he was clueless as to the economic importance to Apple's overall strategy of doing well in China (whether its bubble pops sooner or later with all kinds of implications for every citizen of the planet). Apple doing well in China would not only be good for their bottom line, but also for their world-wide cachet.   So many MS blinders still on here.  I'm in favor of at least...