or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I have one. And you can, yes, cast from the Chrome Browser on PC's and Macs - but (oddly) NOT from from the Chrome browser on phones. Weird since they're both Google web deals.However, you're not mirroring. The original device hands the URL to the Chromecast which is basically a headless Android device, and once started, it takes over streaming duties, allowing you to return to any other app or task on your computer or phone.  Which is a nice feature.   And you can then...
 And of course no one's going to get killed by physically attending to the screen and scrolling through contacts, songs, playlists, radio stations, etc. while cruising along at 70mph....  ...jeezus...I won't be surprised if some states don't start regulating or banning systems this distracting... 
C'mon. facebook just spent $19B for a damn app's userbase. Apple's buys tend to be smaller and more targeted to assets (intellectual, hardware and people) that will bolster their own development programs than say, Google's or Microsoft's. And Cook just commented on their M&A strategy noting that multi-B aquisitions aren't out of the question where they'd make enough sense, but are not an Apple goal in and of themselves.Intel is showing a bit of casting about, for sure...
 You might start with asking people who bet big on the BlackBerry ecosystem, because they - and the owners investors in hundreds of thousands of brands that lost enough mind and market share to go belly up (or effectively so) in the last 50 years - know the answer. The tech biz (and any enterprise-sized business) isn't softball.  Lots is on the line for inventors, employees, users and more in these strategic decisions as to where to go next. Which is why people are antsy...
I'd have to learn the macro language to batch convert them to anything, as I'm not up for doing 10,000 files one at a time.  There might be something at WordPerfect Universe that will help me, but my first trip there just confused me with conflicting, highly geeky posts. (I used to rock the old DOS version of the WP macro language really pretty well - and wrote ones that presented as info-collection programs to the ward secretaries at a hospital I worked at.) Also while...
Partly correct, e.g., competing with free.  But unless Apple gets back into releasing applications for other platforms (and iTunes for Windows is what got me to buy my first Mac), they can't "supplant" anybody in the general computing world.Native saves to MS formats, though, could make them a force in all the markets they are in - and iDevices are way ahead of Android in the Enterprise market. I know I don't use Pages and Numbers because so many people I exchange files...
Yup.  A big German retailer (Metro AG) owned it. And if they bargained or fought much, it was never reported:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19108952 And now - after a dispute with BSkyB (Britain based satellite TV provider), they've also given up SkyDrive (now OneDrive). http://www.liveside.net/2013/07/31/microsoft-gives-up-the-skydrive-name-to-bskyb-now-what-2/ Just more examples of how in so many ways during the Ballmer years MS went from world-beating behemoth to...
Rich with irony for sure......I couldn't believe Win 8 launched without any key MS Windows apps in the first place, at least Office, and, still lacking them years later, why there's any confusion about why Win 8 has been such a failure - for this reason alone."Hello, you billion plus Windows users. Migrate to our new platform now en masse.  Of course there's nothing you've been using Windows for that you can do with the whole "modern" part (btw, we screwed the pooch by...
 By George I think that's it - the next place the competition isn't:  Apple's bringing back the shoe phone... ...and it will be recharged by the compression of the heel as we walk....
Or by harvesting body heat - we radiate a fair amount of thermal energy from our metabolism. The percentage of people wearing watches has declined significantly over the last 10 years. That's just a fact. I know I'm happy to be liberated from mine since I have a device that does that and so much more near me all the time. http://today.yougov.com/news/2011/05/05/brother-do-you-have-time/So it would take a bunch of tangible, added benefits to get something back on my wrist. ...