or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Not entirely.  I heard Apple will be participating in an event with IBM about their joint mobile in the the enterprise strategy which is strategic for IBM and could end up  being so for Apple, tho for Not-as-Big-as-it-was Blue, it's more about relevance and survival and for Apple for now, gravy.... ...and while Win Phone's pretty moribund in the US (to be kind), MS has staying power and may finally start to enough right with Win 10 to eventually claw back to say, 5-10% of...
 Ahh, what a conundrum being "inclusive" quickly becomes... ...you're bound to leave oxes gored...  ...mixed ethnicity couples... ...multi-racial kids...  ...and is five shades really "a wide range" of skin tones...?? (Not including the default yellow, which when applied to faces more human than a smiley is a sallow yellow that would have embarrassed even Sax Rohmer as a stereotype of Asian people.)And you can go on and endlessly on...  ...e.g., what about......long-haired...
"Software as a (cash) siphon..."  ...lolz... Looking at Pixelmator, hopeful about Affinity....
Having given some consideration to a Lenovo to tide me over while waiting for Broadwell last year, the re-switcher in me is yelling yay! at my decision to buy a loaded Apple refurbed 13" 2013 MBA last November.... ...since the only diff with 2014 was a slight CPU bump.... ...a (safer) bargain by contrast and will get me at least to Skylake.
 Funny, but FTR... ...physical gold coming on to the world market) is in the range of 113M Troy ounces/year, including new gold mining and recovered gold scrap. ...and the Apple Watch case should use considerably less than an ounce of pure gold in its 18K casting.  One estimate I read put it at under half an ounce. So a million Editions ($5B at $5,000 each, which would be a resounding success I would say) would use somewhere around half a million ounces... ...many if not...
There's much more to the story - both before and after 1937.  And on the civil service side, Harry J. Anslinger really was a pip.And legendary NYC Mayor, Fiorello La Guardia ("The Little Flower") agreed. He appointed a commission of investigation in 1938, whose 1944 report strongly objected to Anslinger's campaign.So there's totally a timely film (or films) to make at this point. And hopefully better than this one:BTW, the federal government's constitutional authority to...
 Partly right and mostly wrong.  See below. Words and their meanings, connotations and nuances do matter. Ever seen any derisive nicknames for Samsung, Android or Microsoft used for effect on these forums?  Once or twice at least... ..haha...  It was not only the Hearst family (and the Mellons and duPonts), but organizations within the federal government - looking for something to demonize after it was clear that prohibition of "demon rum" (see words do matter!) was on the...
More specifically, please quit calling him (over and over) as if all the words are part of his name, "well-connected insider Ming-Chi Kuo."I'm sure he puts in some time, has cultivated a network of contacts in the industry... ...and his mongering is as reportable as anyone's on a rumor site... ...but he's more like "sometimes more accurate than other even less accurate self-styled Apple pundits Ming-Chi Kuo."
 Yep....  Kirk & Crew rescue Chekov from 20th Century MedicineBones: "..it sounds like the goddamn Spanish Inquisition..."https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMaGnpVaSGQ 
 Can you still spell "skeumorphic" boys and girls? :-D  Well, hope I like renting Adobe software then, as Photos complexifies my life by being too simple. Most the photos I work with are scanned family history stuff and scans of film-based fine art photography that needs to be carefully sorted by date, family branch and other variables like degree of restoration, duplicates of TIFF scans and various degrees of jpg copies suitable for various destinations - and the fact...