or Connect

Posts by bigpics

That's the point.  The 6c and the 6  - along with a "free" 5c if Apple continues that practice - will do very well if the next release is a true redo of the up-to-now flagship - and be joined by a larger-screened sibling next year to fill out the line.  (And in time maybe by a new mobile device that will be......?)
Looks like "Jmpmia" is mostly right (so far). Two Google searches (wait, that's Google searches, but whatever) and the most mainstream organ I found covering the story was Yahoo News...http://news.yahoo.com/samsung-isn-t-only-smartphone-maker-boosting-benchmark-191555987.html
 Especially since many of us need to shop in multiple places to get what we need.  And many specialty items are harder to find than green beans (they're in Produce everywhere after all). Quote:Originally Posted by Gatorguy Absolutely. NFC can't track you and your movements like this and so wouldn't be as nearly as valuable to businesses and data monetizers. I expect beacons to be rolled out widely and quickly. I suspect Google will embrace this too. The above and below are...
 Only if the site where Woz appeared on "Dancing with the Stars" gets the same treatment....   
 Yes.  Whatever the "misleading-ness" factor of the video, what about that (along with the claim that it had to be "a living finger")?  Anyone have a learned reaction?
The good news is that the "space grey" (though I liked the "dark matter" suggestion above) will reportedly be more scuff/scratch/baby ding resistant than the true black.  Something about the difficulty of the black anodization process -and according to the same source (a commenter on a podcast), the gold is going to be the easiest to add (and maybe most durable) color they've added to the aluminum line to date.
Nope. Full version of Office and included since day one.  RT retains a vestige of the old Win 7 desktop - mainly to host Office.  Not touch optimized so good luck with hitting the tiny targets.  Especially in a widely rumored 8" Surface.  (MS is dropping the "RT" branding with 8.1 - to try and avoid its stank, and their tabs are going to be just Surface (formerly RT) and Surface Pro (Intel Haswell with the full Win 7 DT)...(Kind of amazing that MS doesn't have Win 8...
Just tweaking you a little, dude (given a small opening)...  ...and mais oui, you are correct.Nor do I know if the new team will always hold margin sacrosanct in the way the Jobs-led group did or start pursuing different metrics of success in moving the company forward in the ever-evolving landscape.  E.g., in the last four or so years the smart phone market has begun to reach "commodity" status with many "good enough for most" choices out there, and more every day.  This...
 The US "hipster community" LoLz...    ....+5 for that coinage alone...   I don't know the costs involved (likely for a premium model?) or what's happened since Apple secured some rights quite awhile ago, but interesting to me that the vaunted "liquid metal" is barely ever even mentioned in articles or by posters anymore. The tech's not ripe yet or not happening after all??  "It's a watch thing"?  Or....??  The $49 iPod Shuffle broke your bank, huh.....  ....hyperbole...
Hmmm.  Dunno quite how to break this to you delicately, chief, but, uhhh, Google and DropBox are....  ....long-time key Apple "3rd party developers."  The kind who add versatility and depth to Apple's developer ecosystem.... ...and one key thing (if not THE key thing) that system does is keep Apple interconnected with the rest of the digital world...  ...something they don't devote a lot of resources to themselves, as their evolution is all about creating synergy between...