or Connect

Posts by bigpics

It was a created media feeding frenzy issue in America where Ebola was never going to be a threat unless it had a sizable spontaneous mutation, but a huge and real issue in poor African countries with almost no health infrastructure and many other variables making it difficult to get a handle on the outbreak. And some of these countries have lost many key people of the few they did have... ...with health, geopolitical, economic and other major consequences that will...
   Happens every month in the Comics/graphic novel worlds, where "created collectibles" to increase sales is a time-honored tradition...
You said it.  Things like where's my simply printable step by step directions on the Mac browser version? Screw all this whiz-bang UI crap where next steps pop up or whatever they're doing instead......nearly unusable for my current purposes... 
 Beat me to it.... :)
 You also better get something like Ghostery to keep from being tracked by Google Analytics on Adsense using websites.... Not saying it's better, but am I missing something here?  How is this derivative of anything (other than in selection algorithms and catalog) - as it's the first VIDEO music streaming service, no....???I personally spend far more of my music listening time on YouTube than Spotify, Pandora, iTunes radio, etc., combined, so guess I'm a potential user.... ...
 Yeah, but who's yer daddy....?? 
 Yeah, I guess that any Russian company, whatever their motives and intent, is subject to pressure from the kleptocracy of Putin and Co. - and the country is no slouch in its gross national product of hackers.... ...hmmmm.  Thanks for the reminder... ...more to ponder.That, and their frequent $50 upgrade cycle....Meanwhile, couldn't wait to see about a Broadwell/Skylake retina MBA any longer, so just ordered my first new (well, Apple-refurbed) Mac in a number of years - a...
I'm buying either Parallels or VM Ware to run Win 7 (two legacy Win apps I have to have), and my reading seems to indicate that VM Ware is a) more focused on playing nice with Enterprise than home power users and b) is considerably more nerdy to deal with........any thoughts on this ('cos I'd tentatively settled on Parallels)...??PS: One thing I liked about Parallels is that I can install Windows under Boot Camp, and then have Parallels make a copy that will also work...
See below.... ...nothing funny about it from MS's perspective.... One of them... ....holding over 90% of the premium personal computing market (as last reported on this very site for personal computers over $1000)........while Chromebooks are starting to eat them up on the bottom end (personal computers under $300 or so) to the point they're now giving their cash cow (Windows) away for use in PC's under (I believe) $250........Leaving Redmond (and its also beleaguered...
 It can do "the same" only within a demographic subset.  You didn't need an Apple product to buy an iPod (after the first iterations - which is when it took off like a sales rocket at least - eventually leading Apple to dump the FW interface so it could work with all Windows PCs). In fact, it was an iPod that got me to buy my first Mac, 'cos I liked the iTunes interface as a contrast to how most Windows programs worked.Also, the market for portable music players (later...