or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Echoing tribalogical's fine rant, I was all about this until I hit the $80/year access fee. No. Sale. Subscription everything is the death of a thousand financial cuts.  Start with the pre-digital services like gas, electricity, water and trash (about $5000/year for me in a fairly tightly run suburban home with a reasonable yard). Then approximately $2200 + for cable and internet (yeah I still "watch TV" - as do likely a hundred million or more in the US).  And...
Not as long as my 2004 iBook and 2007 Vista HP desktop, LoLz..... ...Gotta buy.  Hope this update hits a a good value/guts/price point I can live with for the next 4-5 years!   (The initial rMBP's were a good engineering milestone for their tech time, but too pricey for what they deliver IMHO)
Nope. Dense as a fence sometimes... ...and Ballmer is so over the top I felt that in "Yaaaaaa!  Yaaaaaa!" mode he could have gotten so aggressive in a "joking" way to say things nearly that outrageous..  If I were facing the string of failure after failure to tactically exercise strategic plans (a lot of the tech's not bad, but the management, handling, roll out, emphasis, marketing, projections, inventory management, customer relations, etc. have all been abysmal).  So...
Unless pure sarcasm, link please.  I tried two search services (including image search), the Verge and CNet with no results....
Emphasis supplied in the quotes below.....   You can't buy a 179 gram camera with an F1.8 lens for the same price. Nor can you buy any smart phone I know with built in true optical zoom - a camera capacity which opens up a whole new set of variables - in perspective, depth-of-field, etc. that even (nearly all) reviewers always fail to mention these days.  Sadly, the whole mis-named concept of "digital zoom" - which is really simply "digital cropping" (along with the loss...
  That fact that phones use multiple colors (any multiple colors) as a selling feature is an indication that they're ipso facto a consumer "lifestyle" product - through which one has the perception of accruing status via their personal palette prefs.  And gives the illusion of making important choices in the age of the "shopper-gatherer."  That said, I'm not put off by this particular one, should it emerge at the phone's intro.  
Y'know, there oughta' be "an app for that"....   :)
Hopefully "We'll make great pets....." (Moore's law, "the singularity," etc., etc., yada yada)
  I'm a once semi-pro fine arts (film) photographer who knows others still at that level or higher (working in everything from $28K digital 6x7cm mega sensors to Daguerrotypes).  And, while I've regressed to "digital point-and-shoot-ism," there's a sense among many in these communities and non-pro friends that HDR photos often have a surrealistic look that some find artsy and others very "artifacty" and even unpleasant.  I'm kind of agnostic on that, depending on the...
  I think you were getting somewhere in your second para....  ...or.... ...it could go this way, one supposes....   Otherwise, yeah, TB 2.0, please (and on the retina MBP's), and at least 1080p-ish res on the 13" MBP (if it's retained as I suppose we expect).