or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Or by harvesting body heat - we radiate a fair amount of thermal energy from our metabolism. The percentage of people wearing watches has declined significantly over the last 10 years. That's just a fact. I know I'm happy to be liberated from mine since I have a device that does that and so much more near me all the time. http://today.yougov.com/news/2011/05/05/brother-do-you-have-time/So it would take a bunch of tangible, added benefits to get something back on my wrist. ...
Yep. That I can see....
I like the way you don't think....(and if I'm wrong about how far-fetched this is, I'll eat the pixels in this bit of snark) And here's Apple's problem: Lately it seems like they're playing touch rules while GOOG's playing tackle...  ...Also even granting the time between the iMac and the iPod, and then the iPhone and then the iPad, THIS team has to give the world a sense they still have more magical golden eggs to lay even with the chief goose gone. It's been a good while...
Another reason is that Apple gave "lower guidance" going forward - which the article should have been updated to reflect.  THAT always spooks investor's attitudes toward what's been "hyper growth company."Apple's R&D spending as a percentage of revenue has always been (sometimes far) lower than most of its peers. Many apologists will tell you this is because their efforts are "smarter and more focused."  While I think it's more that they've been caught up in their own...
Actually they don't. (And as another poster noted the person you were originally quoting got the thread off by using "mechanical zoom" to refer to true "optical zoom" - as opposed to digital.  Maybe a better analogy for our times is digital vs "analog zoom.")  In any event, true optical or analog zooming changes a number a variables in the photography process that are different than what walking toward or away from a scene accomplishes - e.g., the relationship between...
 LoL, the name IS the advertisement.....
What, people's hands have gotten bigger since 2007 (when the original was pointed described as the right size for one-handed use)...??
 Tang.    
Sinofsky was an ego-maniacal/narcissistic disaster for MS. But a CEO with vision would've realized that and shut him down (or more likely never have bet the company on the whole misconceived "stuffing 10 pounds of shite into a 5 pound bag" next iteration of Windows plan that he promulgated).Meanwhile, to really shake things up - both at MS and in the industry at large - and for frequent kicks and giggles that would make reading about the tech company wars interesting again...
Quote:No problem for me.  Download or don't. If I was considering moving to iPhone after having purchased a lot of Play content, knowing I could still play my stuff would make the decision easier and more logical.  Advantage: Apple.Apple's also long allowed other competing companies' apps.  Like MS Office (which arguably helped save the company during their darkest days) - and which, even with the new i(OS)Works is on the way to iDevices.  And Adobe Lightroom and their...