or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Just to clarify, that was in a hypothetical thicker model using the iP4 case. And getting the room by not having any phone parts. My lineup was a thin Touch with FaceTime, and, after dropping the Classic, a thicker iPT Cam model with 128 GB, Retina Display and two cameras. If it (a facetime cam only) doesn't make the device any bigger, you don't have to USE it, y'know. Or... ...go get that Zune, dude.
Don't get bit by the laws of physics, but see below.....With a 128 GB iPod Touch possible, the rationale for the Classic fades (assuming it can be used as a portable ext. HD by fotogs and such as now). That leaves room for another SKU - so we could have a superskinny iPT with FaceTime added, and a iPod CamTouch on the iPhone 4 chassis (no new part required - just a little re-machining) - plenty of room for 5mp or more, room for chips to process the input as well as your...
I agree. The trend to widescreen was/is all about visual media consumption, primarily video. And also works well with some other tasks, e.g., landscape photo-editing. And, yup, because they look real cooly-cool.But by the same token, it makes them crappy for portrait photo editing. And if you're word processing for print or blog display, which a few of us still come out of facebook and Hulu to do yet, the wide screen makes you choose between lots of blank space on the...
All necessary materials to build an interociter, or make that an iIntercociter.
Feature sets can converge over time and can add cross-over versions of new and existing functions without merging the OS's - which I agree won't happen soon if ever. The purposes served by manipulating bits and showing the output on a screen are not "totally different," e.g., Keynote on an iPad and Skype video calls on a Mac. And of course, listening to music, watching videos, etc., ad infinitum. And Apple thinks long-term about evolving the most integrated ecosystem...
I found the Steve Jobs pizza story more relevant and compelling!
For not showing favoritism to the rich and famous merely because they are? Glad you're not running my world....Forget all the parallax analysis - just get a copy of the menu, and if there aren't any certified vegan items on the menu it's a faux fake foney fraud.And you I think were being a tad too metaphorical, or am I reading in a double entendre meaning you didn't intend??
So this one's reserved for the "I just want to whine about Apple without any considerations from the real world interfering with my delusions" crowd??Good to get that sorted out.
The general level of economic ignorance in this thread is astounding. Not only do the cost figures not include design, hardware R&D (they don't just pick some random set of parts from a bin and say "there's our new phone" after all, and in the case of the CPU, they've done the custom engineering), test facilities (e.g., the now revealed highly advanced isolated signal labs), product testing on the line, defective units, etc. - they also leave out simple things like...
I almost never make posts on Apple sites that even touch on politics, but I'm so moved in this case.....Just wait. If this is what happens on a local gov't level when the save-us-from-ourselves class runs things, imagine how long it will take for the feds to approve a new life-saving procedure under the thousands of pages of O-Care legalese and the umpteen zillion unlegislated policies that will be generated by legions of administrators. I have seen the future and it's a...