or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I remember the period. MS was futzing around with something hideous called Windows 1.0 while still pretending to cooperate with IBM on OS/2. And were also working on lifting the ideas that Apple had gathered from Xerox at Parc which, with a ton of added engineering and software development became the Mac. (I used to believe Apple "lifted" the key ideas from Xerox too as much as Redmond copied Apple, but finally read recently that in fact Xerox was compensated - not for...
Ahhh-ha! I'll probably still forget the symbols again, but thanks for that bit of history!
Those of you who started on Apple (pre- or post-Mac), especially those who didn't come over from Win and haven't used it much, likely think your interface is more intuitive and less quirk-ridden than it really is in some small ways, especially when you're trying to attract the rest of the world to join you. Some of this may go back not only to OS 9 but even to the Apple II. Or somewhere. As a previous/current Win user and proud owner of an old iBook (to be replaced...
On the other hand, your CF iPad would survive re-entry from earth orbit if you dropped it while on a space walk from the ISS.
Maybe 8 in the 13" and 16 in the 15" and 17" - which since it's all rumors anyway, doesn't preclude BTO options of 32 or even 64 GB. 'specially if they get rid of the ODD that 90% of us don't need any more, least when we're on the road. I think some combo involving the OS, virtual cache and/or most recently used files, plus maybe major apps would result in a generally much snappier 'sperience!!If this is true, I'm excited since the next rev (or its minor refresh around...
A fair amount of radio, antenna and component engineering, but hardly anything to constrain a company with all of Apple's cash and talent from longer-term goals. And there's the whole slew of new Androids and Pres whose momentum needs blunting as their market share increases. I would expect BOTH an iPhone 5 and v5 of iOS. They might call it a 4S or something if a minor refresh in comparison to 2012's likely LTE models, but if there's an iOS 5, an iPhone 5 makes sense. ...
4G's probably not coming to the phones this year, but notebooks, with their bias toward data over talk are a better candidate. Would be nice.I got selected for the regular survey panel that the MS Mac Office team uses - gotta say they ask good questions, give plenty of room for unstructured input as well - the whole experience seemed "unMicrosoftish," and some of what they were asking about did seem reflected in the shipping Office for Mac '11. Apple doesn't have act on...
I imagine 20-30% of potential customers (not all your aunt or grandma, but many business users, writers, etc.) much prefer a physical keyboard. My virtual KB experience is limited, but I know I do. 20-30% of the phone market is, btw, 200-300 MILLION units/year. Why leave all of that just sitting on the table for Android and the also rans?Apple has aesthetic religion, but they're also business people. It would be cool, tho' if they used their design chops to bring it...
Don't want to cross the line the moderators are drawing on this one, but do you have any dots to connect those two sentences besides some kind of generalized hostility to the financial markets?
I posted about a full merger or takeover, but your possibility could accomplish much the same thing with fewer "corporate culture" and other obstacles....