or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Reminds me of the Fantastic Four more-like
No geiger counter, ham radio or food processor either! Count me out!
I see, said the old blind guy. Thanks! Not perfecto perhaps, but seems quite serviceable. And puts the Pad back on my wish list. And as you said, 4.0 of the OS is due soon and (v2 of this baby in a year or so). Never bought an iPhone or Touch. Get all the music I need on my old 60GB iPod in the car, iTunes through my home entertainment system, podcasts for walking on my Shuffle and enough net at home and in wi-fi hotspots - so stuck with Verizon and my Mobile TV (Flo...
uhhhh. hmmmm. Maybe there's a few things I'm not understanding about the UI since I'm not totally clear on your post about pages vs tabs. Methinks I'll need an hour or two at an Apple store to decide. But I'd love to cut my backpack weight by three pounds and maybe go for one of those gorgeous 27" iMacs as my productivity machine rather than a single MBP as my compromise-but-does-it-all gadget.
Waitaminute! No tabbed browsing? I was ready to go until that sunk in. Moving app to app by a quick restoration of previous states isn't much of a compromise if it's as fast as advertised, but being limited to one open web site is another matter entirely for someone who routinely keeps 20 or so tabs open. And at least my personal, professional and business email accounts plus fb and a news gatherer. Is that a power drain deal too, or just an arbitrary design...
more like a true matador, deflecting a charge with a deft swipe of a cape.....
I didn't notice it until some other posters pointed it out, but I can now spot a Prince McLean article without reading the byline a few paragraphs in nearly every time. Good writer, but a complete Cupertino homer. I would compare his M.O. to a Steve Jobs keynote - weaving a spell which starts off factually enough, but going on to create a scenario in which only Apple can do no wrong and will triumph in the end. i.e., PM(o)RDF: "Prince McClean's (own) Reality Distortion...
The whole Greenpeace mindset is about what's "right" from their blindered POV rather than about what works, the laws of economics, actual human behavior, and larger pictures. To be fair, those who deny any human impact on the planet are equally blind. We are a bipolar bunch on these matters. We live and learn.CHILDREN......Uhhh, I believe you mean generate, not use.....Hmmm. Let's summarize. a) So humans are the snake in the garden. (And I DO hear this regularly from...
Hold on a sec here. I've been reading about CDMA, GSM and "flavors" of 3G and 4G for years and a few things don't seem right. Or at least I don't have them straight. I'm told one can discriminate wireless technologies as follows, without reference to the internals of each: 2G - a circuit-switched digital network. 3G - a network that's a mix of circuit and packet switching, for (I think) respectively voice and data. 4G - a network that's fully packet switched, finally...
[QUOTE=MsftMacMan;1600906]Can't speak for Pages or Numbers, but Keynote is world-class. I have much more control over very granular selections of elements and actions to die for than I ever had in PowerPoint without having to dig deep into unlikely places, and the interface is pretty damn OK. Religious wars are seldom civil, more's the pity in Appleland.