or Connect

Posts by bigpics

A Mac with iWorks yet!
I'm not quite sure what makes bundling iWork with a Mac verboten when iLife has raised no such concerns. Seems like a stretch.I don't care about interface compatibility or having evvvvery feature in the world and I like the iWork GUI quite a bit - but I stick with Word because of the file-saving fandango I have to go through to create universally shareable (.doc) editable documents. Just what the world needed is another incompatible document file format that 98% of the...
I'm beginning to see why some folk react negatively to Prince McClean's articles. They are, as tech posts go, well-written, sometimes exhaustive, pull together lots of disparate info both past and present, but have a slant that always seems to make Apple look a fairly omniscient, all-wise, etc. and this POV brings him to conclusions that go beyond those a less cheerleading observer might reach. There are lotsa smart people not working in Cupertino and lots of capital...
No. way. (uhh maybe) This thing (since there so many indications there will be "a thing") will be all over ubiquitous connectivity. If it's only fully useable at a hot spot, it's at least half useless anywhere else unless you fancy a really bulky iPod and have all your reading already downloaded. And look, here's this guy surfing on his crappy HP/Verizon netbook and here's the guy with the cool Slate who can't do email, facebook, tweet, download new content (e.g., the...
beat me to it!
My contention has been that Apple can take on yet a new market (Flip is scrambling to deal with the Nano even as I write) with a new (and separate model of) the Touch.Namely, the P&S camera market. In terms of "thinness" all they have to do is package it in the existing iPhone chassis and use that depth and the room left over throughout the case because of no need for cellular radios and other phone hardware to release a new model specifically targeted at the 5-8...
Their resilience in the face of clearly not acting like a real company in any way that matters to a successful PC manufacturer certainly seems to have "stalking horse" written all over it.As if no judge has ever essentially "rewritten" a law by the judge's "interpretation" of it. We're talking about tribal naked apes a few evolutionary pico-seconds off being chased by predators around the Serengeti here while they were inventing language on the side. Human institutions...
There's a Shack for that......
IP thieves, for sure.
Slight elaboration: Actually the bubble phase of markets is driven by quick buck greed (and not greed in the Ayn Rand sense of rational self-interest) and by all the late pilers in to the latest tulip-bulb-prices-(or dot.coms or derivatives of derivatives)-will-grow-to-the-sky mania, but the saying is that even sound bull markets "climb a wall of worry," i.e., the successful investors know (in the long run, yes, and not during any day, month or year) how and when to fight...