or Connect

Posts by bigpics

But (last I knew) Verizon - the biggest Android seller to date - installed Bing as the default search engine on their Android phones. So no revenue on searches there. And no difference for Google if an ad-words ad on a site is viewed on any particular device, PC, mobile or otherwise. So Android has to have a monetization model to be worth Google's time.What am I missing here?
Might as well be one sacrificial goat here who wishes Apple would release a model WITH a physical keyboard. They have their advantages which have been pointed out countless times, so won't rehash that. My point is that it might only be the preference of 20-30%, but given the volumes of iDevices expected, that's still millions of units of potential sales Apple might be leaving to others. Not so sure the smartphone and tablet wars will play out at all the same way as the...
An optical drive WILL still have its uses for some for some years to come. Which is why you'll be able to attach an external one on those occasions (you can put it right next to your mini-floppy drive perhaps) and the those who are past needing one will have a thinner, sleeker, more capable machine that's moved where the world is heading.
There is certainly a market for SOME kind of pod with a capacity greater than 64 GB, especially in the age of huge vid files, etc.However our social infatuation with thin pocket-size devices and the prices of solid state mem has led us backward on the curve of available memory to 8-16-32 and currently 64 in solid state, so that it's gonna be awhile before we get affordable 128, 256, etc. To me that indicates the inflection point (assuming Classics are still selling...
And you remind me of all the sheeple who got so used to how far left the mainstream news drifted left for decade after decade that a single alternative to the PC (hint: not Personal Computers) chorus not only shocks you, but requires you to take every opportunity to blast it as "far right" until that becomes an excuse for everyone else to ignore that there are other voices in the country. And we can all happily get back to hastening the decline and fall of the American...
Well, what did you expect? We've lost the manufacturing base to make genuine American counterfeits.....
Given the age of the beta model and the intelligence of responding to the wave of honey-dripping droids on the way, I'm hoping for at least one whiz-bang thingie on the 2. Nascent NFC with few apps or peripherals doesn't qualify to me, nor does adding the cams that all the clones will already have, tho' at least one is a checklist item, nor is cutting 2 or 3 ounces or adding 30 minutes of battery gonna blow the public away. But that upgraded screen most seem to think...
There's the Android price factor - Imagine that "decent" (well, Netbook quality) Honeycombs come out around $249-599. And then imagine "saving" $200 on a real iPad (with a two year lock-in of course). It puts the acquisition of the iPad that much further downstream into where a larger portion of the populace can choose Apple without Apple compromising build-quality or the full UI experience. Most people are influenced by the entry price - despite the monthly givebacks...
Sure we can! Witness this thread!!You're either assuming that iOS 4.2 is the final release or that 5.x (6.x, etc.) won't bring anything new? PS: not a record for grammatical, spelling and syntax errors/per word of post, but you get honorable mention.No sugar, but plenty of salt. And of course DED never cherry-picks which facts he includes and which he doesn't. But I've learned to auto-correct for his slant and always read his articles.Similarly, there was a movie...
Three words of explanation: Daniel Eran Dilger. And including multiple charts and/or tables (especially Venn diagrams!) also appears part of his contract.And as I'm gathering, a real cheerleader, but also a really analytical cheerleader who does lots of homework, even if he tends to cherry pick his facts to generally make Apple look good or better or injured or vindicated or invincible, depending on the story. So somewhat a blowhard, but at times, one of the best...