or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Like your line of thinking re Apple and facebook. But facebook is going public reasonably soon I think. And 20-33% of the stock should give that stockholder considerable influence over corporate governance and seats on the board. Without, I think any anti-trust issues. The questions then are how they'd use that influence and what technologies might be shared or leveraged to improve both companies' development and revenues. And Apple and facebook together have cloud...
Everybody keeps talking about facebook being "a platform," and we all know they have 600 M users - with a high percentage active, and with pretensions to extend and monetize this incredible asset. Everybody keeps saying that social and cloud are phenomena in their infancy. Everybody knows that Apple's been trying to make social happen with not that much success for some years now - and that facebook felt strong enough to rebuff Apple and Google over cross-data...
"...long time passing..."
Never, ever make assumptions about what "every other poster" on this forum "knows"!! \
1. Apple is likely to make nice with Verizon for awhile despite the disclosure of no exclusivity. (And to keep ATT mollified, as with this we're all equal and can get along "in perfect harmony" ad.) Verizon seems to have the biggest head start on the most scalable 4G system being deployed and the resources to roll it out at a decent speed. So a good working relationship is at least somewhat strategic for Apple - and they'll be prodding Verizon to make sure the network...
Slow news day, ehhh? Or just looking for something you well knew would light up the boards?? For the faction arguing that the story's germane because it highlights where we've come and still need to get to in order to have a world where we've left old prejudices behind, you have half a point, but I remind you that it'd be different if Cook (assuming he hasn't been mis- or partly mis-characterized in this "reportage") had already announced (if he considered it an...
I read an estimate of approx. $150 in extra cost (not necessarily including other increased costs of supporting it). 40% gross margin brings that to $240, so if that's accurate and there's to be such a Pad this year, $799 is a likely base (no 3g) price.Nope. Too much component cost increase - not enough "production experience" amortized for such new glass to bring a mass price this year. See above for estimated retail. In terms of the original question no one's...
MM's still not a hundred buck a year value add for me. (Tho' granted I can see that if you really can make productive use out of one or two features, it could be for a subset of Apple users.) Given the %age of users (small) who buy it, Apple could garner both market share and great goodwill if it made at least a "light version" of MobileMe the bundled iLife of the early mobile computing age to really complete their "ecosystem" - and they'd likely make more money from...
There's another thing you can't do now even if you're a big company: buy many of even the standardized key parts in quantity, because Apple is locking up the supply with mass future orders. Like 10" screens in 2010 - which make you have to pretend 7" was what you really wanted in the first place. Or flash memory in 2007-8. Expanding the patent portfolio makes some sense, but otherwise, like melgross and penchanted I've always found most of the speculation about Apple...
I know I'm not gonna get anywhere with you, but 1) it's not for HIM to disclose, it's for Apple, Inc., again, a publicly held corporation with millions of people having more or less of their prosperity depending on how Apple does, to keep us apprised of what THEY as an organization know about the overall state of their leadership team. Again, as Dr. Milmoss points out you and others are simply making up what the real issue is here which is not second-by-second access to...