or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Wowsers! This story alone was more than worth bringing "monococque" into the thread (on a whim)!Which came first: The unibody MacBook or the monocoque egg? I fear the answer may get confused in the far future where St. Jobs in the Church of the Holy Binary Ocelot will be credited by followers with the miracle of inventing the egg.... Has there ever been an AI thread when something "seemingly simple" wasn't misunderstood?? Ergo, merely increasing the discussion's total...
Something, it seems, will have to give if Apple OS's are to reach their fuller potential. So.... ...OS X is *nix and includes - and contributes to - a lot of major open source code... ...so what do the "nixes use and what are the strengths and weaknesses? 'From scratch,' with Apple's current chops, could be cool, but why re-invent something worthwhile that can be polished in shiny Apple goodness and re-released as open source to get wide-spread adoption as a standard...
Alas, ZFS, we in Mac land hardly knew ye.
Enough people have answered this really artless and naive assertion here, but, what the hell, my two bits is below.1) They're knocking on the double digit market share door even as you split semantic hairs, and are 2) tearing up the revenue share of computers over $1,000. It's not that you can't buy a $3,000 PC (Velocity, Alienware [super Dell], etc.) or some gearheads can't cobble near the same one together for half that, it's that Apple is winning big in this area and...
So how does one get a beta invite to Spotify if one doesn't know a geek who has an account?
Admittedly my experience was limited, but I read up on it, headed to the Apple Store, tried several that just seemed not to work as advertised, got an employee to assist me and he couldn't get 'em to function either. So I just put it in a mental bin with the hockey puck and other sucky Apple mice and moved on. Then bought a notebook and Apple mice have not been a part of my life since.I'd take either the combo or your suggestion.Just look at the preference panels as to...
At least they're cheap and available everywhere... ...and you don't have to send your mouse to California.I love Apple products in general, but have hated every mouse they've ever brought out. I couldn't get a Mighty Mouse to do anything I wanted it to.On the other hand, I looove Apple trackpads, especially when I have to use a Windows TP for more than 10 seconds and start swearing. And the more I use TP's, Mac TP's that is, which are always where I want them to be, the...
Apple, I believe, has a message for you: bye.
No one else called you on this but doesn't Sat and Cable deliver 1080i at best and badly compressed at that?(although it does nicely jazz up the Science channel, NatGeo, House and the news)I recently saw a PC that had a different take on this - a 64GB SSD for the OS and programs and a one TB drive for storage - at the cost of 128 SSD. Sounded innovative and cost-effective to me.Everybody's citing this, but not quoting it: And if half of those are strictly playing games,...
tech Q: once you get 1080p into the new 27" 2560 iMac how will it look at full screen? Interpolated? What?