or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Pocket change compared to her acquisitions and the size of HP. MS has spent more just to strangle promising tech they never employed. And HP probably will scrape a bit of useful flesh off the bones even if it never pans out to a big plus.I would.
"nearly as well" Weak!
I'm getting tired of this particular chestnut. I run iTunes on 3 PC's and two Macs, and to me, the experience is hardly different at all. I know it's grown into a giant Swiss Army Knife of a program and is probably loaded with legacy code, but I've invested years in getting to know it, so not going to change 'cos there might something leaner and slicker around. Using iTunes for Win and discovering how cool Apple software was, in fact, was the tipping point that led me...
iAD is part of 4.0's deep plumbing, so they'll certainly only be seen on Apple mobile devices in the beginning. But if they're effective (and they seem well-designed in terms of finding that intersection between those "emotional and interactive" axes Steve defined), isn't it highly likely that someones else will clone the approach, i.e., in Android and Win Phone 7 (and in various ways on Macs and PCs)? And if Apple gets serious about being in the ad biz - the business...
There's another key reason iPhone/Android/Win 7 Phone Series 7 (or whatever it's called) won't be a re-run of Macs/vs PC's. PC's began as a hobbyist phenomenon, and the Apple II (along with the Commodore 64 and others) made them popular and demonstrated their usefulness. Apple had this market. But the EXPLOSION in PC's came not because the tiny Microsoft corporation developed its operating system (or rather bought and somewhat recoded it) - but because the then Monster...
I doubt the device will be called "la iGarniture" in France. However the French do still have a bit of a looong-standing stick up their butt on this whole issue:More at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acad%C3...fran%C3%A7aise See you in "Les Movies"....You seem reasonably articulate, so thought you might want to know (if you don't) it's "borne out" - where borne means "carried." "Born out" evokes more the image of a baby literally flying out of a womb to me!
I've disliked most of Apple's product names - or at least not been "wowed" by them for a long time - but over that time I've come to realize just how brilliant they are and how they've aided Apple's resurrection and amazing recent growth.The most important thing about any product name is that it sticks in the public's mind.The second most important thing is that it be referential to an image that evokes something about the product.Which sticks in your mind (and brings the...
Reminds me of the Fantastic Four more-like
No geiger counter, ham radio or food processor either! Count me out!
I see, said the old blind guy. Thanks! Not perfecto perhaps, but seems quite serviceable. And puts the Pad back on my wish list. And as you said, 4.0 of the OS is due soon and (v2 of this baby in a year or so). Never bought an iPhone or Touch. Get all the music I need on my old 60GB iPod in the car, iTunes through my home entertainment system, podcasts for walking on my Shuffle and enough net at home and in wi-fi hotspots - so stuck with Verizon and my Mobile TV (Flo...