or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Don't usually flame, and could've picked other posts here, but you get the "honor" of being told that your "logic" is a fat load o' crap from start to finish. Without risk capital (made possible by the "evil" accumulation of wealth in "fiscal instruments" like stocks and bonds maintained by brokers), virtually none of the technology you depend on and laud would ever have existed. Including Apple, Inc. And including Gates' admittedly entirely-self-serving investment of...
Funny thing, that. They likely feel the same way about you.
Google Fast Flip too. Along with the personizable news.google.comFlickr: Lets people upload any non-copyrighted image they can find and share it. Facebook: Lets people repost any story from any other website and share it. (which I'm doing daily) World Wide Web: Lets people repost as much of the net on a free blog and share it. MySpace: Lets people repost any story from any other website and share it. eMail: Lets people paste any content that CMD-C works on and share...
I did - well looked at the page - and, you might have mentioned no music in the "media" hub.I would imagine, even if your figures are correct (which one poster pointed out they weren't, they cover only US manufacturers. I follow Samsung as a company and their rate of development and constant expansion of product lines - and frequent upgrading (my camera's a year old and has been superceded by two models now) - and their huge breadth of product - would indicate they're...
I call semi-bullbleep here. Forget the ad-serving biz model and nefarious data collection for a moment and just consider product: GMail was and is a better product than Hotmail and Yahoo Mail, and for my purposes much better than AppleMail. And there's hardly a month that goes by when I don't check into a subtly improved product, sometimes with brand-new and easy to use features. e.g., adding in-inbox chat, and now free voice calls. And this service integrates...
Dunno who you were replying to, but if me, in the language you use, you should get the diff between "archive" and "keep alive." facebook "archives" more status posts, vids and snapshots filling more storage than it would take to store the vocabulary, rules, audio and visual samples and in most cases the entire literature of most obscure languages every minute. And most languages are already preserved and documented. On the world scale of things, the effort required is...
I was thinking of both these things when I read the article! (except re Klingon coming before Cherokee I would've said "not only a good idea, but overdue."Good point and worth discussing. I'll add that translation technology is going to make it easier for people to keep speaking their own tongues for one thing. That's not an unmixed blessing for it makes people dependent on tech to communicate at all. However, English (for multiple reasons I won't get into in a post)...
For sure. Stranger things have happened. Technology, like politics, makes strange "co-opetition" bedfellows, so even granted that this new consortium is a pre-emptive move on Apple's Google front, nothing prevents Apple and Goog from their own joint venture. Not holding my breath for this to happen, tho'. MS also has a long history of sabotaging Novell and notably, some of its one time components, WordPerfect, Paradox and Quattro Pro (playing especially dirty pool with...
whatever. I say they're taking the roll-out up a notch in the scale of how many countries they're bringing on one day. I don't remember another. just another sign of how our little apple tree is gettin' all growed up and branching out. and I've been watching since the pre-Apple I days. so impressed (and slightly unnerved) to see the plucky underdog become a global big dog. a big global big dog becoming bigger. a story they'll still be teaching in biz schools in...
Apple is def beefing up their world-wide op capacity - releasing the store in 90 countries simultaneously after their history of rolling out in smaller waves. Feature article suggestion: a behind the scenes on how everything in something as ambitious as this whole new store is brought out complete in maybe what, 30-40 languages and 60 or more currencies? Is the language translation done by humans? Is it done mostly by algorithms and then cleaned up by humans? Is...