or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Real big on the First Amendment, are you, ehh? All the news that doesn't fit your view ain't fit to print. Cool that! Funny, both Hitler and Stalin felt the same way. Were you this outraged when a Democratic operative hacked into, taped and released one of Newt Gingrich's phone calls? And was convicted of same? Jus' checkin'....But Julian Assange is totally and utterly a good guy, and only the left cares about human rights, right?Ohhh! "FauxNews!" Great coinage, dude!!!...
No issues in rendering graphics or speed on my Win Chrome at all, but I do notice a lot of jagginess in the rendering of black fonts on many pages - which I don't notice in say the Apple Insider logo I'm looking at right now (tho' that may be a graphic element) - or at least not quite as much on a random look at my other open tabs.In fact, this is the first time the jaggies have jumped out at me on a site in awhile, 'cos I wasn't looking for it. Check out "A new way to...
Tend to doubt it. iWeb's history is of being compatible with nothing, let alone being fully standards compliant. Leastways I hit a wall when I wanted to export my site to another tool a few years back, and it hasn't received a lot of attention of late. Also there's a proliferation of tools on hosting sites that let amateurs create and modify their sites in real time, like Squarespace - as sophisticated as you want it to be - to Google Sites - as dumbed down as you can...
You don't have to wear a tinfoil hat (or sound like you do) to have concerns for the death from thousands of cuts that personal privacy's enduring in the connected age. Your phone's already broadcasting a unique identifier about you as you travel. If you live in urban areas, your picture's likely being taken 100's of times a day, and your license plate at intersections if you're driving in NYC (and even if you loan your car, you get the red light ticket and the points on...
Like your line of thinking re Apple and facebook. But facebook is going public reasonably soon I think. And 20-33% of the stock should give that stockholder considerable influence over corporate governance and seats on the board. Without, I think any anti-trust issues. The questions then are how they'd use that influence and what technologies might be shared or leveraged to improve both companies' development and revenues. And Apple and facebook together have cloud...
Everybody keeps talking about facebook being "a platform," and we all know they have 600 M users - with a high percentage active, and with pretensions to extend and monetize this incredible asset. Everybody keeps saying that social and cloud are phenomena in their infancy. Everybody knows that Apple's been trying to make social happen with not that much success for some years now - and that facebook felt strong enough to rebuff Apple and Google over cross-data...
"...long time passing..."
Never, ever make assumptions about what "every other poster" on this forum "knows"!! \
1. Apple is likely to make nice with Verizon for awhile despite the disclosure of no exclusivity. (And to keep ATT mollified, as with this we're all equal and can get along "in perfect harmony" ad.) Verizon seems to have the biggest head start on the most scalable 4G system being deployed and the resources to roll it out at a decent speed. So a good working relationship is at least somewhat strategic for Apple - and they'll be prodding Verizon to make sure the network...
Slow news day, ehhh? Or just looking for something you well knew would light up the boards?? For the faction arguing that the story's germane because it highlights where we've come and still need to get to in order to have a world where we've left old prejudices behind, you have half a point, but I remind you that it'd be different if Cook (assuming he hasn't been mis- or partly mis-characterized in this "reportage") had already announced (if he considered it an...