or Connect

Posts by bigpics

1) OLED? Yesss. My new Samsung TL320 has one - at least iPTouch size and it's nummy - off angle/axis and daylight viewing are both the best I've seen. 2) re "lame" and "toy" cameras: the comment below saves me much of what I wanted to say, and I agree with it heartily, freeing me to add another angle: sure, the latest DSLR's and Red videocams are wonders, but step back, o thou gadget-spoiled generation and realize the camera in the iPhone today is leagues more capable...
I've never liked Word on either the PC or Mac. And I'd use iWork on the Mac if Apple gave me the simple option to save in .doc or .docx - which I need to work on the files on PC's and share them with the 99% of the non-iWork using world - as the default save instead of having to do a dance involving going to the Finder to delete duplicate files. (Just what the world needed - more proprietary formats for word processing and spreadsheet files) But my Word processor of...
Does your logic as you see it also apply to the iPod Touch, which involves no user contract and no third-party corporations like AT&T?
I "debated the topic rationally" (Comment #61, page 2), and while my post could be called windy or worse, and no one has an obligation to respond directly to anyone else - and I am and will continue to be a Mac user - I did respectfully raise real issues which effect all iPhone and Touch users, and almost no "Apple defenders" have bothered to even deal with many of them anywhere in this discussion. So it's "funny" how many A-fans seem incapable of going beyond parroting...
I think I looked at all the other comments and can't believe I'm the first to comment on the "other important parts" of the story.... ....when announced, the App Store sounded like an extension of the model established by the iTunes Store... ....and seemed to fit nicely into the entire "seamless Apple ecosystem," provide "one stop shopping," be "convenient for developers of all sizes," etc., etc., but it is clearer day by day that the App Store is another creature...
Long-term, the most telling part of the article is that Dell wants in because of the "much higher margins' in the smart phone market. Just like they used to be in the notebook market. Where Apple has reportedly cut margins because their making bank on the iPhone allows them to stay as profitable as they grow into these new areas. However, with Android, Pre, etc., and lots of R&D sloshing around in the world-wide nascent mobile device market filled with many talented...
I just read 30% of corporate IT mgmt's still are locked into IE.... ....6! And have forced not only their users, but MS to continue to support this truly sucky product. So if you're not at one of these firms, count your blessings....And how much better is Adobe doing?? (or have they finally got off the schneid when I wasn't looking? having all the functions I already need)
I went through several pages of comments (on several sites) and if anyone else posted this obvious detail, I haven't seen it..... One of the "innovations" in the Microsoft Stores will be that you won't pay for products or services in dollars. Everything will be priced in an arbitrary currency ("Bing Bucks") whose "exchange rate" will make more expensive products seem less so, but make it hard to tell by how much without a calculator.And first you'll have to go to a...
Never one to be off topic (as if):The "truest" version I know is this (and I did a little research on it a year or three ago).When Marie Antoinette was approached by whomever who said, "your majesty, the peasants have no bread," her reply in fact was something along the lines of "well, then, let them eat cake."But here's the twist: Although the word she used translates to "cake" - it did not refer to what we Americans think of today: a sweet flour confection for dessert....