or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Whoa! I went to a tech site and found a political debate about the nature of the country. won't delve into all, but the figure is 90%+ of reporters voting democratic (multiple surveys over a number of years), and no, I don't think they can entirely put that aside in their reporting. none of us can. also, all the big j schools are liberal through and through and it's no surprise they turn out dewey-eyed grads who've spent 4-6 years on the Kool Aid diet. as for Fox...
Which is why you prefer your news from an admitted rumors site......??
Yup we are, but I'm one of those disadvantaged wordy nerds who "cain't draw worth a lick" - so I write a lot!!
Like to think so, but the last shuffle makes me nervous.1. CES saw a keyboard you can just plug a Touch and/or an iPhone into.2. Most of my MB Pro using friends do not in fact really know or use any of the gestures except maybe two finger scrolling. 3. I've been computing for 25 years and since I reboot infrequently when my old iPod click wheel freezes, can never remember which two buttons I'm supposed to press (and actually recently learned online you're supposed to push...
This certainly doesn't sound like "the UI for the rest of us." Apple lost me with the latest shuffle's umpteen click combos to control an impassive piece of aluminum that will only respond in any way if I stroke it with the right secret handshake. Apple interfaces have always been about "it just works," as you can just look at it and figure out what to do next. "Complicated sets of multi-finger gestures" may appeal to a subset of power geeks, but for most, having to...
A Mac with iWorks yet!
I'm not quite sure what makes bundling iWork with a Mac verboten when iLife has raised no such concerns. Seems like a stretch.I don't care about interface compatibility or having evvvvery feature in the world and I like the iWork GUI quite a bit - but I stick with Word because of the file-saving fandango I have to go through to create universally shareable (.doc) editable documents. Just what the world needed is another incompatible document file format that 98% of the...
I'm beginning to see why some folk react negatively to Prince McClean's articles. They are, as tech posts go, well-written, sometimes exhaustive, pull together lots of disparate info both past and present, but have a slant that always seems to make Apple look a fairly omniscient, all-wise, etc. and this POV brings him to conclusions that go beyond those a less cheerleading observer might reach. There are lotsa smart people not working in Cupertino and lots of capital...
No. way. (uhh maybe) This thing (since there so many indications there will be "a thing") will be all over ubiquitous connectivity. If it's only fully useable at a hot spot, it's at least half useless anywhere else unless you fancy a really bulky iPod and have all your reading already downloaded. And look, here's this guy surfing on his crappy HP/Verizon netbook and here's the guy with the cool Slate who can't do email, facebook, tweet, download new content (e.g., the...
beat me to it!