or Connect

Posts by bigpics

No I didn't. It was clear to me. I was just giving the documentation. And irrelevant because because prediction of a secretive tech company's product release schedule is speculation more than the reporting of facts. I doubt a Pulitzer's ever been given for that. That said, if a high-profile company with a rep to defend starts to make lots of failed predictions, it will hurt their prestige, so I recant. Not entirely irrelevant, just not very comparable.As for...
Yeah, I agree. That's how they've won multiple Pulitzer Prizes and other prestigious journalism awards. Including the 42nd Annual RFK Journalism award for international story in 2010.http://www.rfkcenter.org/node/490There's an echo chamber, all right. Between your ears. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4101011AAcu6VS All of which is irrelevant as to whether they've got this story about something which hasn't happened right. Right or wrong, they're still a...
No one else seems to have pointed out that in the video, the device was never rotated into portrait mode - given its aspect ratio, and Apple's decision to stick to 4:3, one wonders if the way it works in that mode is less impressive.I can't believe how many people vociferously campaign to have a feature useful to some NOT included when it will compromise nothing for them and adds little cost and minimal weight. Not to mention, there will hardly be a tablet available from...
Don't usually flame, and could've picked other posts here, but you get the "honor" of being told that your "logic" is a fat load o' crap from start to finish. Without risk capital (made possible by the "evil" accumulation of wealth in "fiscal instruments" like stocks and bonds maintained by brokers), virtually none of the technology you depend on and laud would ever have existed. Including Apple, Inc. And including Gates' admittedly entirely-self-serving investment of...
Funny thing, that. They likely feel the same way about you.
Google Fast Flip too. Along with the personizable news.google.comFlickr: Lets people upload any non-copyrighted image they can find and share it. Facebook: Lets people repost any story from any other website and share it. (which I'm doing daily) World Wide Web: Lets people repost as much of the net on a free blog and share it. MySpace: Lets people repost any story from any other website and share it. eMail: Lets people paste any content that CMD-C works on and share...
I did - well looked at the page - and, you might have mentioned no music in the "media" hub.I would imagine, even if your figures are correct (which one poster pointed out they weren't, they cover only US manufacturers. I follow Samsung as a company and their rate of development and constant expansion of product lines - and frequent upgrading (my camera's a year old and has been superceded by two models now) - and their huge breadth of product - would indicate they're...
I call semi-bullbleep here. Forget the ad-serving biz model and nefarious data collection for a moment and just consider product: GMail was and is a better product than Hotmail and Yahoo Mail, and for my purposes much better than AppleMail. And there's hardly a month that goes by when I don't check into a subtly improved product, sometimes with brand-new and easy to use features. e.g., adding in-inbox chat, and now free voice calls. And this service integrates...
Dunno who you were replying to, but if me, in the language you use, you should get the diff between "archive" and "keep alive." facebook "archives" more status posts, vids and snapshots filling more storage than it would take to store the vocabulary, rules, audio and visual samples and in most cases the entire literature of most obscure languages every minute. And most languages are already preserved and documented. On the world scale of things, the effort required is...
I was thinking of both these things when I read the article! (except re Klingon coming before Cherokee I would've said "not only a good idea, but overdue."Good point and worth discussing. I'll add that translation technology is going to make it easier for people to keep speaking their own tongues for one thing. That's not an unmixed blessing for it makes people dependent on tech to communicate at all. However, English (for multiple reasons I won't get into in a post)...