or Connect

Posts by bigpics

A little historical annotation: MS and Apple were both viewed as guys in a garage or dorm room companies by corporate America which was 90% + of computing back in the day when the home PC market had barely begun. Actually MS wasn't viewed as anything as it lacked any compelling products and bought its DOS after meeting with IBM. So tiny MS got its foot in the corporate door via being blessed by IBM for its PC. And the public perception of IBM, not MS, made IBM become...
No it isn't. I keep hearing this shibboleth over and over. I've found the experience on the two platforms to be nearly identical for five years and like 87 versions now - and enjoy the subtle and big improvements which just keep coming (like a new half-white/half-blue indicator showing that I've only listened to part of podcast. Little improvements that you just discover and know what they are without even being told are cool. And iT4W helped make me a...
One thread to bind them all.
$999 is this week's price. To me it def looks like there will be a model below that in the new line-up.This sounds close to me. A 15" would be logical if there's going to be "a MacBook line," and 15" is bread and butter for most notebooks, so there are sales to be had there waiting to be scooped up.Of course, Apple could confound us all, even in this era of leaks from overseas suppliers, third-party vendor website premature SKU postings, etc., and bring out a 10 or 11"...
I get it, but I don't get it. People are talking about multiple Light Path ports in the thread (plus legacy ports), when the whole idea (as stated in the article) seems to be that mobile computing devices can take on new, svelte, Jobsian form factors when we can eliminate all but one (an"über-port" that connects to all of the above-mentioned - including the "über-dock"). In the future everything looks good - problems all solved. In the present we still have to figure...
Four Atom processors and a virtual screen projected onto atomized mist with a laser from a stylish mini-sized base machined from a single piece of platinum.....
Bit of a geeky kludge there (the list of selected lists), but eminently workable! Thanks, guys. And MY name should be Newbee (or more appropriately Clueless) after working with iTunes and helping others do so for years without ever seeing the ever-so-visible Files-->Show duplicates. D'ohhh.......
Little Johnny Sunshine here. Personally, I'm finding it better and better and more and more fascinating. I'm still discovering subtle and large improvements in iTunes 9. I could suggest improvements, natch, and like another web program I can't do without, gMail, it's not light on resource useage, so the coding is likely saddled with legacy and/or language issues, but I'd be at sea in terms of my media life without it, and it does have rich functionality IMnsHO. Actually...
And this reads like a 2000 presidential campaign news release:"He cited the Mosiac browser being developed at the American NCSA, which had been funded by congressman Al Gore..."Really, all by himself? Or maybe by Congress as a whole (with other co-sponsors) - and with our money. But wait, I forgot, he did invent the internet......Kitchen sink checklist arguments ("Look! We have this and this and this!) which ignore the functionality of the resulting experience have long...
God save us all. Especially from the people trying to save us all. I supported net neutrality in the beginning, but now feel the demands of the purist advocates are becoming unrealistic. Look for middle ground in this debate - trusting entirely neither the oligarchy of big providers or the false salvation promises of big gov riding to the rescue of the bit-oppressed. Not that sanity always wins debates.