or Connect

Posts by bigpics

Their resilience in the face of clearly not acting like a real company in any way that matters to a successful PC manufacturer certainly seems to have "stalking horse" written all over it.As if no judge has ever essentially "rewritten" a law by the judge's "interpretation" of it. We're talking about tribal naked apes a few evolutionary pico-seconds off being chased by predators around the Serengeti here while they were inventing language on the side. Human institutions...
There's a Shack for that......
IP thieves, for sure.
Slight elaboration: Actually the bubble phase of markets is driven by quick buck greed (and not greed in the Ayn Rand sense of rational self-interest) and by all the late pilers in to the latest tulip-bulb-prices-(or dot.coms or derivatives of derivatives)-will-grow-to-the-sky mania, but the saying is that even sound bull markets "climb a wall of worry," i.e., the successful investors know (in the long run, yes, and not during any day, month or year) how and when to fight...
Wowsers! This story alone was more than worth bringing "monococque" into the thread (on a whim)!Which came first: The unibody MacBook or the monocoque egg? I fear the answer may get confused in the far future where St. Jobs in the Church of the Holy Binary Ocelot will be credited by followers with the miracle of inventing the egg.... Has there ever been an AI thread when something "seemingly simple" wasn't misunderstood?? Ergo, merely increasing the discussion's total...
Something, it seems, will have to give if Apple OS's are to reach their fuller potential. So.... ...OS X is *nix and includes - and contributes to - a lot of major open source code... ...so what do the "nixes use and what are the strengths and weaknesses? 'From scratch,' with Apple's current chops, could be cool, but why re-invent something worthwhile that can be polished in shiny Apple goodness and re-released as open source to get wide-spread adoption as a standard...
Alas, ZFS, we in Mac land hardly knew ye.
Enough people have answered this really artless and naive assertion here, but, what the hell, my two bits is below.1) They're knocking on the double digit market share door even as you split semantic hairs, and are 2) tearing up the revenue share of computers over $1,000. It's not that you can't buy a $3,000 PC (Velocity, Alienware [super Dell], etc.) or some gearheads can't cobble near the same one together for half that, it's that Apple is winning big in this area and...
So how does one get a beta invite to Spotify if one doesn't know a geek who has an account?
Admittedly my experience was limited, but I read up on it, headed to the Apple Store, tried several that just seemed not to work as advertised, got an employee to assist me and he couldn't get 'em to function either. So I just put it in a mental bin with the hockey puck and other sucky Apple mice and moved on. Then bought a notebook and Apple mice have not been a part of my life since.I'd take either the combo or your suggestion.Just look at the preference panels as to...