or Connect

Posts by bigpics

So how does one get a beta invite to Spotify if one doesn't know a geek who has an account?
Admittedly my experience was limited, but I read up on it, headed to the Apple Store, tried several that just seemed not to work as advertised, got an employee to assist me and he couldn't get 'em to function either. So I just put it in a mental bin with the hockey puck and other sucky Apple mice and moved on. Then bought a notebook and Apple mice have not been a part of my life since.I'd take either the combo or your suggestion.Just look at the preference panels as to...
At least they're cheap and available everywhere... ...and you don't have to send your mouse to California.I love Apple products in general, but have hated every mouse they've ever brought out. I couldn't get a Mighty Mouse to do anything I wanted it to.On the other hand, I looove Apple trackpads, especially when I have to use a Windows TP for more than 10 seconds and start swearing. And the more I use TP's, Mac TP's that is, which are always where I want them to be, the...
Apple, I believe, has a message for you: bye.
No one else called you on this but doesn't Sat and Cable deliver 1080i at best and badly compressed at that?(although it does nicely jazz up the Science channel, NatGeo, House and the news)I recently saw a PC that had a different take on this - a 64GB SSD for the OS and programs and a one TB drive for storage - at the cost of 128 SSD. Sounded innovative and cost-effective to me.Everybody's citing this, but not quoting it: And if half of those are strictly playing games,...
tech Q: once you get 1080p into the new 27" 2560 iMac how will it look at full screen? Interpolated? What?
Actually, according to Wikipedia, it looks like these current macs can actually be seen as Monocoque in construction (and as unibody) - in which the external skin (which IS the chassis in these notebooks) contributes to overall structural rigidity and lessens or removes the need for any internal trusses. And it sounds cool too - kinda Euro and sexy: Monocoque Macs.......
The least impressive and most curious of the new releases. 1. Really expected a $100 price cut to reach out to a new segment of the socio-economic populace. That way lies market and mind share. I mean they do sell a $49 iPod, so they do have a concept of mass marketing. 2. And a 15" 1920x1280 model to make MB a "line" 3. And an 800 FW port - it can't be that expensive component-wise. (They didn't even add SD if I read right - which looked like a strategic...
User replaceable batteries! In a 2009 Apple product. Imagine!
Just saw the new iMac on CNBC. Certainly more than a "minor refresh" - and plenty of real estate! I withhold judgment tho' on whether Apple's finally produced a mouse I can live with.