or Connect

Posts by bigpics

If the following is any indication, you're absolutely right. Look how the headline touts the thing and as you read more you realize it isn't even a computer with a full OS, more the second coming - in touch screen and compact mode - of the ill-fated "internet appliances" of the late '90's ("The Audrey" comes to mind - check it out!). As for this "revolutionary" device from HP, watch the embedded promo video which seems to aim at the level of those having never touched a...
Detailed description and 143 customer reviews at Amazon Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars. Warning: The low-rated reviews tend to focus on bad to awful Customer Service experience. The high-rated were from people for whom it worked out of the box and never dealt with Customer Service. Overall, while not up to Apple's aesthetic and UI standards an apparently interesting device with the system capability of doing many useful things - acting as a DVR, accessing an...
And more, this one from today's NY Times.... ...how many athletes and other celebs will be harrassed....http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/17/sp...html?th&emc=thPS: bonus points for mentioning "the Last Poets" - I have their original LP....
Haven't tried to resync my 60 GB iPod Photo yet, my jukebox in a car, but these are hopeful signs I'll be able to...
Your post is (unintentionally) funny and offensive at the same time. 1. Funny because you obviously know nothing about either Mozilla or business or the history of IE and Mozilla (which inherited part of the Netscape assets after MS crushed Netscape in its cradle). For one thing, MS can't "buy" Mozilla. It has no "stock" and is a non-profit organization, not a for-profit corporation. Further, Mozilla exists BECAUSE it wants to provide alternatives to proprietary,...
I don't see anything in that article which contradicts anything I said about Zune being more than a product line of MS-branded and marketed devices going forward, but rather a general software platform migrating to X-Box, Windows, Win Mobile phones and other devices and software - even if I was out on a limb about a possible "Zune app" for the iPhone (see below). He was just focusing on the new device itself.MS has deep pockets and patience. And they finally seem to be...
Confusing yes, and trade-offs between choosing emerging and maturing technologies, always. But since you seem to know a lot about this, how about AMOLED. My new camera (Samsung TL320) has one - it won't be on every day or for hours - and it's really, really sweet, even in direct sun and way off axis. People notice the difference right away, even with no other cameras around to compare to. Is this a fundamentally different tech from "regular" OLED in any way? More...
And at length. The OLED section alone made the same points at least three times.My new Samsung TL320 P&S has an "AMOLED" screen (and claims to be the first cam to have one). It's totally viewable in noonday sun, and the useable viewing angle is amazing. No color/reflective negative shift at all when seen from extreme angles, and I get plenty of "great screen" comments out in the world. So is this a different tech from "regular" OLED (whatever that means) in any...
Anyone who cites Bose as their standard for good speakers has more $$ than sense.Bose is a marketing machine selling overpriced, underspecced audio equipment, pure and simple. Bose spends far more money on infommercials and late night ads than on actual engineering, and for their high end goods both they and B&O - whose products are more about furniture and design for the wealthy than about sound - operate "lifestyle" stores to prey on those who want "good stereos," but...
Yes! I want my Paperclip Word Processor back (on an iPodTouch yet)!! It changed my life (and made secretaries who hate retyping happily move into being administrative assistants, or less happily into data entry jobs). I also seem to remember it being kind of HTML-like, e.g., in placing "start bold" and "end bold" tag-like thingies, tho' the image is hazy in my mind. But the sense of possibility it opened up of never losing a resuable, multi-transmittable keystroke ever...