or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I think I looked at all the other comments and can't believe I'm the first to comment on the "other important parts" of the story.... ....when announced, the App Store sounded like an extension of the model established by the iTunes Store... ....and seemed to fit nicely into the entire "seamless Apple ecosystem," provide "one stop shopping," be "convenient for developers of all sizes," etc., etc., but it is clearer day by day that the App Store is another creature...
Long-term, the most telling part of the article is that Dell wants in because of the "much higher margins' in the smart phone market. Just like they used to be in the notebook market. Where Apple has reportedly cut margins because their making bank on the iPhone allows them to stay as profitable as they grow into these new areas. However, with Android, Pre, etc., and lots of R&D sloshing around in the world-wide nascent mobile device market filled with many talented...
I just read 30% of corporate IT mgmt's still are locked into IE.... ....6! And have forced not only their users, but MS to continue to support this truly sucky product. So if you're not at one of these firms, count your blessings....And how much better is Adobe doing?? (or have they finally got off the schneid when I wasn't looking? having all the functions I already need)
I went through several pages of comments (on several sites) and if anyone else posted this obvious detail, I haven't seen it..... One of the "innovations" in the Microsoft Stores will be that you won't pay for products or services in dollars. Everything will be priced in an arbitrary currency ("Bing Bucks") whose "exchange rate" will make more expensive products seem less so, but make it hard to tell by how much without a calculator.And first you'll have to go to a...
Never one to be off topic (as if):The "truest" version I know is this (and I did a little research on it a year or three ago).When Marie Antoinette was approached by whomever who said, "your majesty, the peasants have no bread," her reply in fact was something along the lines of "well, then, let them eat cake."But here's the twist: Although the word she used translates to "cake" - it did not refer to what we Americans think of today: a sweet flour confection for dessert....
Yeah, that's basically what I (a non-engineer/scientist geek) was thinking. 3G + 4G isn't going to be that ubiquitous for years to come. So sans an iPhone with a new GSM+CDMA chipset (a Verizon only model likely, but both to be able to work overseas), this Verizon speculation is all just talk out of our hats. But, given the progress from single transistors to whole computers on a chip since the '60's, how hard could dual cell capability actually be? Anyone have a learned...
Ahhh. So the magic comes from soaking the motherboard in salt water then......
Technically I'm wondering if it's mostly all about when Verizon rolls out 4G and how extensively - making the CDMA/GSM connection situation moot?And first?!? (That would be a first)
Many more people than do - most I would guess, and yes, I know, not all - could do more to pay themselves in the future too. You can start anywhere: Get a glass of free water with your burger instead of a soda. Put that in a jar. Get a lower priced entree next time you eat out or skep dessert. Cook something simple and nutrituous instead of eating out in the first place. Get a newspaper every other day, your next tee shirt at a thrift shop. Cut cable services you...