or Connect

Posts by bigpics

I was serious about and did serious work (at my job) with my Commodore 64. Paperclip (word processor) was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen, and Print Shop put me in the flyer printing biz....
the software on the site (the software!) just demanded my post be at least five characters. that's ironic in context, no???
Yay! There are at least two AM radio fans in the digiverse!
Uhhhh.... ...just for the record, you don't think you're watching HD content on your iPhone's 480x320 screen do you? As by all definitions of HD, that ain't happening. Also, I'm too lazy to look it up today, but there are devices/programs which squish files or use squished files from a large hard drive to better fit when downloaded onto a device which can't use all their resolution. Dunno (make that don't remember) where the squishing happens in the iDevice ecosystem...
I forwarded the story to a friend and they complained that I'd promised not to send them any more fake stories from "The Onion"
Where to begin, where to begin? Oh good. Someone else already did..... Otherwise I might have to address that Apple does have just a bit of R&D (a complete and unique hardware, software, multiple OS, internet, retail, brick and mortar, virtual, support, marketing, advertising and systems ecology unmatched by anyone - which all keeps evolving in sync at a brisk pace, that they don't buy one piece machined aluminum notebook cases from "Cases R Us," etc., etc. PS: ...
I'm still happily using my 12" final gen iBook! Great little machine - but couldn't have much higher res and still be useable, so a trade-off in visual real estate. 10" makes me think a new Appleish solution will be based on gestural control and other parts of the mobile OS - really allowing easy, smooth, fast, scroollig and panning - with hybrids of scaled up iPhone apps (and mobile apps, e.g., something between big screen facebook and mobile facebook) and...
But not erotic.......!
In various legal (I believe) ways, about 90% of my 100+ GB's came from purchased CD's. Mostly I go to used CD stores, buy discs at half-price, rip them, go back to the store and trade them in in for half what I paid and buy more, making my net cost 1/4 or less of buying the CDs. Plus I ripped 15 years worth of the fave CD's I already owned (and could now trade in once ripped and backed to multiple drives). And I admit checking CD's out of the public library to rip. Is...
Good luck with that self-righteous, air-guitar, blunt-force if done, but isn't gonna happen over an app anyway activism.