or Connect

Posts by bigpics

"One of these things is not like the other...."   And in Utah, for example, reading and sending messages can get you a $1500 fine and other penalties... ...so this seems a bit of a sticky wicket.... Also from the article, the screen shot of the John Appleseed call looks like a combo of facebook Home and Win 8's "Modern" UI.....       FTR, if it's based on Win Mobile CE, more 6.5 than 8....   Also the charging infrastructure. If you live on the third (or 23rd) floor of an...
Apparently you don't come here that often....    (Yeah, I see your post count - just couldn't resist.)
  Actually, while I agree with your last two sentences, one B subs def doesn't = one B subbers.  I subscribe to like 15 podcasts, e.g.  Still, I commend Apple for making all this great content available to me for free over the years, without forcing me to buy anything (nor collecting from podcasters to my knowledge[??]). What I'd like to see, though, is streaming podcasts a la the upcoming radio service.  The downloads are large, slow,  and require deletion management. ...
To me these days most ads feel more like warnings than enticements (especially for fast food and the like). That said, they're sitting on likely 2M + of these units they have to get out the door before the next model they've committed to making for RT 8.1....  ...so they're obviously feeling "they got to move these refrigerators"... ...by any tactics they think will help (whether they do or not).
Granted.  Though I thought I qualified it as his admitted personal opinion fairly well in the first place.    And as for moi, whadda I know about it?  Nada, but found the speculation about the possible effect of the body material on screen fragility in a fall interesting enough - even though he's just another tech writer/podcaster - to pass on where some real tech nerds might have more insight than I to support or refute it with actually known engineering knowledge. I...
  There, I fixed your lede for you....  
  Last I heard Apple had a few bucks stashed away that could be used to hire "some people" - quite a few if that's what it would take - to make their paying attention to user-submitted reports less glacial....  ....so you're being a tad of an apologist here...
  Andy Inahtko (sp?) was recently talking on MacBreak Weekly about how in his testing experience (though he noted it's just his sample, so not "a study"), that he feels there's something about the aluminum shell transmitting force which makes screen breakage more common in a fall - whether on the face or back - compared to more resilient materials.  So I'd be happy with, say, carbon fiber or (if it's also more giving as I believe) liquid metal...   I believe iOS is...
There certainly are - and the documents are dispersed into various hands around the world....http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/06/snowden-distributed-encoded-copies-of-nsa-docs-around-the-world/   The burgeoning shadow gov't based on the Surveillance State we're all increasingly living in is rapidly becoming the "biggest guy" of all - they've pwned all three branches of gov't and the tech megacorps - with massive dossiers on.all citizens.     NSA/PRISM is all of a...
  Dissing Digitimes's record is a time-honored custom here, but if they're just speculating from whatever scraps, I'm sure, e.g., they've also watched Sharp's IGZO promo vid and read about Apple's newish patent to avoid unintentional inputs that's applicable to thin bezel or bezel-less devices... One never knows, tho'....     Sounds like Apple's long-term plan.     Apple evolves us so we can evolve Apple.  Cool.  And with you on your stalker, btw....  ....and your opinion...