or Connect

Posts by jonyo

Once this is released, if the general public consensus is that it's resolved the battery issues people have been having in 10.8 and 10.8.1, then I'll finally go ahead and upgrade from 10.7.4.
iTunes 10.7 is released today to support the new iOS hardware (new iPhone 5, new nano, new touch) announced today. The newer iTunes with interface changes is due later in late October, and a version # wasn't mentioned for that. I would assume it'll either be iTunes 10.7.1 or iTunes 10.8.
I still haven't moved my June 2012 15" MBP (non-retina) to ML 10.8 yet from 10.7.4, but if 10.8.2 gets released and the general public consensus is that it solves the battery issues, I'll probably go ahead and update.
Why does everyone keep saying that Apple's new maps app is inferior to Google's when 99% of you haven't had an opportunity to try the new Apple maps yet?
  It's about the possibility of attack from 2 sides, the 1st being if your icloud account is hacked or somehow compromised, and the 2nd being if your mac is stolen. If my laptop is stolen, I'd like to be able to use find my mac to possibly locate it on a map, maybe increasing the possibility that it could be recovered. At the same time, if my icloud were hacked, then someone could wipe my Mac, and I wouldn't know it until it happened, and I don't want that either. I do...
Here's a possibly dumb question:   Is there any way to remove the ability for your Mac to be remotely wiped aside from simply turning off "Find My Mac" from the iCloud prefpane? I'd like to be able to turn off the ability to wipe my Mac without turning off my ability to FIND the Mac, but I suspect this isn't possible.
I haven't been having any problems with USB devices including an audio interface and USB HDs on my new mid-2012 15" MBP (non-retina), but I haven't been using anything USB 3.0, only USB 2.0 stuff.
My understanding is that so few 17" MBPs were being sold relative to the other models, that it should be no big surprise that they dropped the 17" form factor. I would be buying a 17" right now to replace my old 2007 15" MBP if they had come out with some, but instead I'll be getting the new 15".
I'm pretty excited to upgrade. I'll be moving from my mid-2007 15" MBP with a 2.4GHz dual-core C2D to the top-end non-retina 15" MBP with a 2.6GHz quad-core i7. $250 more to bump the 2.6GHz to 2.7GHz certainly does not seem worth it. I have my pennies saved, just have to decide on some details before plunking down my order! Then the old MBP goes to my sister...
Man, I am so sick of these endless patent-related legal actions both originating from, and going against, Apple. I don't know the details of this particular one, but the vast majority of them seem to center around thiings that seem like they shouldn't be patent-able.