or Connect

Posts by jonyo

I get that maybe you don't like itunes on Windows, that's fine, but it's important to note that the lawsuit is about the itunes store. The Apple i-devices being locked to the itunes app to get music into them is NOT the same thing as them being locked to using only music from the itunes store. You can import your CDs into itunes by letting itunes do the conversion, OR you can convert elsewhere and just drag in your converted files, your choice. You can import MP3s you...
I don't really understand this lawsuit. It seems that it's mistaking the itunes app with the itunes store, which are obviously not the same thing. Everybody knows you can bring in music from any source, in a variety of formats, and itunes will stick them into your ipod, and you're good to go. All you have to do is never click the itunes store icon, and you never have to interact with it, and you still get full functionality for your ipod or i-whatever. Is it that the...
It's sort of amazing how some little snippets of press releases from two giant companies, both of which were probably authored by committee or at least more than one person, can still come across as bitchy.
I can undestand the opinion that optical discs will eventually go away, but unless you have a macbook air, any other mac you could possibly own right now does have an optical drive, so why deprive yourself of some software you want to purchase just because of how distribution may go at some unspecified time in the future? Doesn't make sense to me to wait. If you order it online, you'll get it in a few days, while if you wait for the mac app store to be up and running,...
I think the idea of paying for tethering is lame. I already pay for my data plan, I should be able to use it however I want! If there were a third party solution for this, AT&T woulnd't even know I'm tethering, and it would just look like a lot of data going in and out of my iphone. Too much data for your 3G network to handle? Too bad, bring the level of service up to something reasonable un-sucky and maybe I'll give a damn about that aspect. I would love to tether my...
I've had my Leopard disc in hand since release day, but I've held off on installing it onto either of my 2 Macs, simply because I had too much stuff going on, including quite a bit of unattended number crunching, and it wasn't a good time to be messing around. With the 10.5.2 update, I think it'll be time to go ahead and upgrade both, as hopefully anything majorly problematic for me will be sorted out in the time between installing 10.5.0, and running the updater to...
Weird, the wrap part of the cashwrap term is about gift wrapping? I never knew that. Hmm, I think retail professionals (IE- managers and lifers and whatnot) must just be used to the term, since I used to hear it all the time at various places, all of which had nothing resembling gift wrapping!Believe it or not, all Apple retail positions are NON-commission. None at all, to my knowledge. I'm not including the managers, I don't know if they get bonuses for stores meeting...
Hehe...It's manager-speak, something those who've worked in retail will recognize. "Cashwrap" is called that by the managers because that's where we "wrap" the sale. It's part of a whole big long sales-ish thing I had to listen to when I first started working there. Pretty dumb. I'm no high-energy ├╝ber salesman, I'm a tech geek, so it's no great surprise that I'd leave sooner than later.
Unfortunately, there's no bluetooth hardware in the AppleTV, so using Apple's wireless BT keyboard won't be possible, even with a software change. Unless the thing will accept a BT dongle in the USB port in the future?
The ripping part is impossible without the blu-ray or HD-DVD drive mechanism. Without a blu-ray or HD-DVD drive, you can't read those discs at all, whether it's a blu-ray/HD-DVD movie, a simple data disc in whatever format, or whatever, because it's a physically different thing. If you were able to rip on some other machine with the necessary blu-ray/HD-DVD drive, you'd then have a file that you could manipulate any way you wanted to get it to play on your MBP.