or Connect

Posts by jonyo

Minor note: Although the current units Apple's retail stores are using are Symbol hardware using WinCE for an OS, the POS application layer is a custom Apple thing designed in-house. It's pretty easy to use, too. Until recently, I worked in an Apple retail store, and dealt with them all day. They're total life savers over the holidays, keeping tons of customers happy and the store relatively line-free. I suppose Apple will eventually want to use their own HW and OS/SW...
I'm pretty sure that the Intel 950 graphics chipset used in the new MacBooks will support Quartz Extreme despite the shared memory thing, and the MacBooks certainly meet all the rest of the tech spec requirements for FCE-HD 3.5 (http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/specs.html). So, assuming I'm right about the Quartz Extreme thing, I don't see why the MacBook wouldn't work ok with FCE-HD. There are some posts on the Apple.com support discussion forums saying that they...
Well, I ordered the upgrade version from the Apple online store, received it today, installed it, and tried it out. Everything seems spiffy so far. I haven't gotten a chance to try out the new stuff like the keyframing (yay, finally!) yet. I'm not running on an Intel-CPU Mac, BTW, I'm on a 2x2.0GHZ G5.
I think you're totally misunderstanding thae post from nagromme. He's annoyed with the public opinion and/or press that puts unfair blame on Apple for not living up to "promises" that Apple never made, but are assumed because of rumors and unreasonable analyst expectations. He's not annoyed with Apple in his statement.
I wish we could convince the stupid knee-jerk-reaction stock-buying public that rumors and totally unreasonable analyst expectations are not Apple promises! Every time some nutty expectation is not met that has little to do with anything Apple's overall financial, the stock takes another hit. It's down $20 since December. Apple stock has been good to for me overall, but it seems to be so more emotionally-driven than any other stock I've ever owned, which I don't...
Hey there folks - Does something like this exist? I want a device that has an SD analog cable-TV input (as in coaxial, not RCA composite), a TV tuner inside to tune in channels, and analog composite output for video and audio (the standard 3 RCA output jacks). So, it's basically a TV without a screen. However I'd like to control it from my Mac somehow. I don't want a capture device, as I want analog video output to go elsewhere, not my Mac. Not sure how the...
Oooooooh I'm so glad that I bought a shload of Apple stock back in the early spring, and I'm still holding it all...weeeeeee...
I think the isight's lens and CCD at the end of the lens would fit into the thickness of the new imac pretty easily. I think it's the other circuitry normally behind the CCD in the regular off-the-shelf isight, including the stuff that provides the isight's firewire connectivity, is now either (A) positioned differently, or maybe (B) no longer needed. I don't know if the built in isight uses an internal FW bus to go to the main board, or if it's some other type of...
I have a PowerMac G5, and wouldn't mind having frontrow and one of those remotes via an adapter. I think if we wait a while, Apple might make that happen for us... - JonYo
Most Apple rumor sites and such are pointing to a Powermac and powerbook update within the next few weeks. - JonYo