or Connect

Posts by jonyo

Consider this: Even if the new video ipods did sync with FW, you'd have to buy the FW-to-dock cable separately for a ripoff price of $19. A Belkin PCI card with 3 external USB 2.0 ports is only $30. I'd just get the card if you have the free PCI slot. - JonYo
I was fine with my regular old 1-button mouse that came with my PM G5 for a long time, but recently I bought the new mighty mouse, and I'm pretty happy with it. I didn't like the feel of the side buttons (the button press you get when you squeeze the thing), so I disabled that. I just use it as a normal 2 button mouse with a scroll wheel, plus using the scroll ball press to activate dashboard. - JonYo
True, it shouldn't act the way it does, but it does. It's not just my mouse, it appears to be anyone with an Apple BT mouse from what others have told me. I don't have any other BT mouse, as I'm fine with wired, and can't justify the cost of the wireless. The Apple BT mouse was a gift. It and my apple BT keyboard are just kinda collecting dust now. Maybe I should ebay them. - JonYo
I'm noticing that an article on Maccentral.com (links to playlistmag, http://playlistmag.com/news/2005/10/...ance/index.php ) says that the new video ipod will charge via FW, but will not sync via it anymore. I don't know where they're getting that info though, as I don't see anything saying that explicitly on Apple's info pages about the new ipod. Kind of a bummer that the remote port is now gone, so my TenTechnology IR remote wouldn't work with these new models, nor...
I'm not entirely sure if it could be made to automatically re-pair with the Mac without requiring the Mac to be left in bluetooth "discoverable mode" all the time. I know that the Mac would detect my bluetooth mouse automatically during bootup (when I used to use it, I don't anymore) if I powered the mouse on before powering the Mac on, assuming they were paired up at the time I last shut down. But when the mouse lost the pairing for some other reason while everythinig...
I know that it doesn't come with that firewire cable, only a USB cable (according to Apple's new iPod tech spec pages that list the included stuff), so that picture is a bit misleading. The question on many people's minds is...does it still work with firewire like previous iPod that didn't ship with a firewire cable, if you buy a cable separately? From reading various forums and such today, it seems some people are assuming it DOESN'T work for firewire anymore becaue...
Most one-way remote control devices use no power whatsoever until you press a button and a signal is sent. No communication is maintained between button-presses. Those remote control devices have no on/off switch, because essentially they "power on" when you press the button, and "power off" when you release it. Bluetooth devices don't work that way. Bluetooth as a protocol is designed for 2-way communication, so, the protocol is designed so that BOTH sides are...
Anyone know if this new Photo Booth software included with this new iMac rev will be available to other Mac/iSight users in the future? I wouldn't mind some simple software like that, allowing my iSight to operate as a still picture camera. As for powerbook / powermac updates...I think we'll be seeing them soon. Somewhere between 1-3 weeks is my guess. - JonYo
The thing about bluetooth is that devices need to be paired up. So, in the case of the bluetooth mouse, this means that the mouse has to be "on" to pair up, using power even when you're not actually using the mouse. That's why the Apple BT mouse has an on/off switch on the bottom. If you left it on all the time, it would run out of power, even if your Mac was left powered off, because the mouse would always be "listening", waiting for a signal from any device (your mac...