or Connect

Posts by DrewMG

I got the MacBook in November. I noticed after I took it home that when I moved it while I was using it, I got a clicking sound. I *was* worried, until I googled it and saw this thread and others like it. Suddenly, after replacing the hard disk, it doesn't have that click anymore, so I just want some sort of reassurance that replacing the hard disk doesn't affect the SMS. Well, the SMS isn't designed to interact with the screen, it's designed to interact with your...
So I recently replaced the hard disk in my Macbook with the Seagate Momentus 500 GB 7200.4 (ST905003N3A1AS) and I noticed that my Macbook no longer has that signature "click" that I became so accustomed to whenever I moved the computer. So, does replacing the hard disk have some sort of effect on the Sudden Motion Sensor?
After I updated to 3.0, the cord I've used every night for a year to charge my phone stopped working - it's a USB iPod sync cable that I got with my old 5g iPod Video. It's had no problems powering my iPhone 3G for a long time, but I started to see "This device is not supported on iPhone" (paraphrase) last week, and last night my phone was almost dead and this morning after a full nights charge on that cable, it was completely dead. I grabbed my "official" iPhone cable...
I'm pretty sure that I asked this awhile back, right after the Touch launched, but now that it's been on the market for awhile, I thought I'd come back with the question yet again: Is there any indication (or demand from users) for the iPod Touch, in future revisions, to have the capability to download podcasts on the fly via the WiFi connection? If this feature was there, it would be an instant buy for me, and without that feature, I will continue to hold off. It...
Well, I've managed to solve this on my own. After Googling the issue all day yesterday, I finally came across someone who said that (like me) they'd recently done a system restore. They said that they simply needed to update their version of Quicktime and it worked again. I didn't initially think that Quicktime was the problem, because the videos I was trying to add were playing fine in the Quicktime Player. However, it appears that version 7.0 of Quicktime...
I'm not new at this - I've successfully put my LOST DVD sets on my iPod in the past. However since then, I've reformatted my iBook and reinstalled all the software on it once or twice, and now I'm running into a weird issue. I'm running on an iBook G4. Trying to put an .mp4 file I ripped (using an iPod setting via Handbrake) into my iTunes library. I've gotten it to add to an iTunes library on two different PC's running XP and Vista respectively, but when I go to add...
Apparently not. This is really disappointing for me. If the Touch supported on-the-fly podcast updating, this would be an absolute hands down must buy for me. I certainly can't be the only one who feels this way, can I?
Is there a consensus on whether or not this is a coming feature? I already want an iPod Touch, but the ability to not need to sync my iPod to my iBook for new podcasts would make this an instant purchase for me. As it stands, without this feature I will likely wait a bit.
Hello. Sorry if this has been touched on before, but I read the detailed AI review of the Touch and didn't find this info. Does anyone know if the iPod Touch will support downloading new podcasts via WiFi? That is a make-or-break feature for me, and I can't find any info on it.
I haven't, and I'm also looking to put it toward the Nano. My 3G ipod battery life is now down to 1 hour. Of course, I put in a 3rd party battery about 6 months ago so I can't blame Apple for that. I CAN however blame them for the reason I went with a third party battery - my battery life after one year was down to about 2.5 hours, and there was no way I was spending $100 to get that fixed.