or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

I doubt it will be long before they put it on sale for $9.99 or 50% off.
I got an E-Mail from Scottrade with all of the details and they also wrote about it in their blog which gets E-Mailed as well.I wouldn't imagine that people would go crazy for too long considering that after a brief moment of panic, they would login to their account and notice that the value was about what they would expect and that they posess a much larger quantity of shares.
Notice that Apple does not call it by the name, they refer to it as a "special one-day shopping event" the same as they do for the Friday after Thanksgiving in the US.
One of the big elements of pricing is supply and demand. The iPad Air "ships within 24 hours" while the 5s still "ships within 2-3 weeks" one big question a company asks is "If I am selling all I can make at a given price, why should I sell for less?"
The Mini with Retina is set to launch "later in November." Target apparently put November 21st on their website, but it is not known how accurate that is.
 Most retailers ARE selling the 5c for $50.  Setting the list price at $99 and selling it at $50 also plays into the fact that people love sales especially around the holidays.  The perceived value among many people (irrational as it is) is higher because they think that they are getting something which normally costs $99 for $50 rather than a $50 phone for $50.
In other news, Apple will offer a minimum $5 credit to anyone who trades in a Windows Phone or Surface.
Every model of gold in the US is up to 7-10 days*.   (*Except 64 Gb Sprint)
 I am looking at the box for the iPhone 4S that was bought at launch, and it clearly says iPhone 4S, White, 16GB.
  Exactly, why the hell would you want to change the culture of the best retail chain in the world by many metrics?!  They need someone who will embrace and foster the existing culture while providing good leadership.