or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

Basically in order to buy shares or pay dividends, they can only use money from their cash which is either already in the US and taxes were paid on, or if the money was from a foreign source, it would have to be brought back to the US and taxed. Therefore, Apple has been issuing bonds to acquire the money without repatriating foreign earnings and paying tax on them. Since interest rates are so low, this is a viable solution at least for the time being. Additionally,...
Updated my iPhone 5s and iPad 3 (original iPad woth retina display) with no issues.
"All human evil comes from a single cause, man's inability to sit still in a room." -Blaise Pascal
This is payment for unused vacation time that he didn't take since he was busy running Apple."Running Apple Leaves Cook With $56,923 of Unused Vacation Time"http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-22/running-apple-leaves-cook-with-56-923-of-unused-vacation-time.html?cmpid=linkedin.company
The less shares on the market, the more value the existing shares have. When a company issues more stock, the existing shares lose value. Apple does the opposite.Regarding the dividend, Apple pays it quarterly per share. Each share they retire is a share they don't have to pay a quarterly dividend to the owner of.
 This is not totally accurate.  The US currently produces 12.3 million barrels of oil per day and consumes 18.9 million barrels per day.  I wouldn't call us an oil exporter by any means, although this may happen in the future.  The markets are rocked by the fact that we have increased oil production by 80% in just the last 6 years while actually lowering consumption.  Therefore we are impacted much less by external forces and political regimes....
I think the sentiment is that many people believed that it was impossible to find someone as good as Jobs while it was also that it was impossible to find someone worse than Ballmer.
Gene Munster will release a note predicting an Apple Televison in Q2 2015.
Are they going to call their first phone the ObiOne?
This buyback is scheduled to be completed by the end of calendar 2015, not 2014 as you assert.