or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

The less shares on the market, the more value the existing shares have. When a company issues more stock, the existing shares lose value. Apple does the opposite.Regarding the dividend, Apple pays it quarterly per share. Each share they retire is a share they don't have to pay a quarterly dividend to the owner of.
 This is not totally accurate.  The US currently produces 12.3 million barrels of oil per day and consumes 18.9 million barrels per day.  I wouldn't call us an oil exporter by any means, although this may happen in the future.  The markets are rocked by the fact that we have increased oil production by 80% in just the last 6 years while actually lowering consumption.  Therefore we are impacted much less by external forces and political regimes....
I think the sentiment is that many people believed that it was impossible to find someone as good as Jobs while it was also that it was impossible to find someone worse than Ballmer.
Gene Munster will release a note predicting an Apple Televison in Q2 2015.
Are they going to call their first phone the ObiOne?
This buyback is scheduled to be completed by the end of calendar 2015, not 2014 as you assert.
In my opinion, this will not make any difference in sales unless it extends past December.  Apple is going to sell every phone they can make until then, so having them go to China or not is irrelevant.  I am sure this will all be straightened out long before Chinese New Year.
I doubt it will be long before they put it on sale for $9.99 or 50% off.
I got an E-Mail from Scottrade with all of the details and they also wrote about it in their blog which gets E-Mailed as well.I wouldn't imagine that people would go crazy for too long considering that after a brief moment of panic, they would login to their account and notice that the value was about what they would expect and that they posess a much larger quantity of shares.
Notice that Apple does not call it by the name, they refer to it as a "special one-day shopping event" the same as they do for the Friday after Thanksgiving in the US.