or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

No way will he put it on sale right at the end of the Keynote because that would be extremely rude to all of the conference attendees who paid to attend the workshops, etc and then would not be able to get in line for the iPhone.I think the launch will be a separate event between Apple and "Cingular is now AT&T" on a different day, but I do think he may announce the date at WWDC.
That reminds me of the story where in the 1970's some of Apple's computers were shipped in a refrigerated truck because they thought the boxes contained 'Apples."
I have the exact same feelings about stock splits. I always use the analogy of a a pizza. If you have a 16" pizza that is cut into 8 slices, but then you cut it again into 16 slices (a 2:1 split if you will) you have the exact same amount of pizza, just smaller pieces. I think splits do have a place though especially in the case where a stock price gets so high per share that the investors lose flexibility in making transactions. Someone who owns a Class A share of...
There was never a contest, Jobs wanted TBWA/Chiat/Day, and he got what he wanted as always. There was a quote along the lines of "Steve Jobs believes market research is looking in the mirror and asking himself what he wants." I guarantee you that if there was a "contest" it was only in the minds of AT&T execs, not Jobs. You are talking about a guy who will physically take a contract and throw it in the trash if he doesn't like it. When he wanted to work for Atari, he...
You must be the laziest person that I have ever heard of. How many programs could you possibly have? Maybe 50? Of those, how many do you use on a regular basis. Less than 15 I bet. How many produce sound, probably no more than 10 and I am being generous. Now how long would it take you to adjust the volumes on 10 programs. Probably less than 5 minutes or less time than you spent reading this thread and posting your reply.
This is exactly how the bulk of CEO pay should be structured. A small salary, then generous stock. This would eliminate instances like that of CEO Hank McKinnel of Pfizer who got a pay package of nearly 200 million while the stock declined 40% during his tenure, Carly Fiorina at HP, etc.
Ok, granted these proposals are not totally off the wall, what I take umbrage with is the fact that someone literally could make a proposal for almost anything, no matter how stupid and cost the company more money in distributing the idea than they even own in shares. Also, for instance, posters in another thread were saying things along the lines of "at least Trillium invested in Apple, and want to see the company do better." I hardly see a $20,000 stake as anything...
These shareholder proposals piss me off in the fact that some of the proposers don't even own that much stock. For instance, the company with the environmental proposal Trillium Asset Management Corporation sounds big and impressive right? How many shares do they own? 200 which they purchased for less than $20,000. The amount of AAPL I have is very close to that, but I don't think that I should be able to name myself MacCentric Narcissistic Asset Management...
I think physguy is looking at the data plans for the PCMCIA mobile broadband cards.
I believe that the amount that AT&T "saves" from not subsidizing the phone will go to Apple due to their agreement that Apple gets a percentage of the monthly service. So I wouldn't count on the plan price being lowered.