or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

Ok, granted these proposals are not totally off the wall, what I take umbrage with is the fact that someone literally could make a proposal for almost anything, no matter how stupid and cost the company more money in distributing the idea than they even own in shares. Also, for instance, posters in another thread were saying things along the lines of "at least Trillium invested in Apple, and want to see the company do better." I hardly see a $20,000 stake as anything...
These shareholder proposals piss me off in the fact that some of the proposers don't even own that much stock. For instance, the company with the environmental proposal Trillium Asset Management Corporation sounds big and impressive right? How many shares do they own? 200 which they purchased for less than $20,000. The amount of AAPL I have is very close to that, but I don't think that I should be able to name myself MacCentric Narcissistic Asset Management...
I think physguy is looking at the data plans for the PCMCIA mobile broadband cards.
I believe that the amount that AT&T "saves" from not subsidizing the phone will go to Apple due to their agreement that Apple gets a percentage of the monthly service. So I wouldn't count on the plan price being lowered.
Yeah, especially regarding Dell, they have enough to worry about in trying to regain the share that HP has been stealing from them.
Especially at launch, there is no reason for anyone to subsidize the iPhone, I believe that demand will outstrip supply even at the unsubsidized price until after Christmas. Remember that three years ago, plenty of people were buying the RAZR at $500. I see the price of the iPhone coming down eventually just like the RAZR did, but certainly not until they can keep up with the significant demand that they will have. I believe that the iPhone will be THE hot Christmas...
I wonder if it also had anything to do with the fact that GMail is STILL in beta. However, the beta version of GMail is light years ahead of the release offerings of Yahoo or MS.
MS throwing money at things has never resulted in superiority. Apple's R&D budget has been much lower, however their products are awesome while MS turns out crap every day. It's an issue of the culture at both companies, Apple has the better culture. It's like when Jobs said that "MS has no taste."
I know, I was just kidding lol.
I hope she recycles them, otherwise I am going to launch a campaign to 'green' the melgross household. We should be able to expect more from a premier forum poster such as melgross. I do think it's funny though that you declared your intent to read and then possibly vote for the Trillium proposal a few days ago, but now you say that you never vote proxies.Not that I am much better, with the volume of annual reports I get all at once, it takes me a few months to look...