or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

I think physguy is looking at the data plans for the PCMCIA mobile broadband cards.
I believe that the amount that AT&T "saves" from not subsidizing the phone will go to Apple due to their agreement that Apple gets a percentage of the monthly service. So I wouldn't count on the plan price being lowered.
Yeah, especially regarding Dell, they have enough to worry about in trying to regain the share that HP has been stealing from them.
Especially at launch, there is no reason for anyone to subsidize the iPhone, I believe that demand will outstrip supply even at the unsubsidized price until after Christmas. Remember that three years ago, plenty of people were buying the RAZR at $500. I see the price of the iPhone coming down eventually just like the RAZR did, but certainly not until they can keep up with the significant demand that they will have. I believe that the iPhone will be THE hot Christmas...
I wonder if it also had anything to do with the fact that GMail is STILL in beta. However, the beta version of GMail is light years ahead of the release offerings of Yahoo or MS.
MS throwing money at things has never resulted in superiority. Apple's R&D budget has been much lower, however their products are awesome while MS turns out crap every day. It's an issue of the culture at both companies, Apple has the better culture. It's like when Jobs said that "MS has no taste."
I know, I was just kidding lol.
I hope she recycles them, otherwise I am going to launch a campaign to 'green' the melgross household. We should be able to expect more from a premier forum poster such as melgross. I do think it's funny though that you declared your intent to read and then possibly vote for the Trillium proposal a few days ago, but now you say that you never vote proxies.Not that I am much better, with the volume of annual reports I get all at once, it takes me a few months to look...
This is an example of how these people who are suing Apple are thinking about their 'intellectual property' From the Ali-G show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkuOuxRD1Bc Start it at 0:50 and watch to 1:30. (Ali-G is a comedy show by the way)
I believe that an incredibly large majority of people in most places of the world are by nature ethnocentric and believe that their country/race/way of life is the best. I could easily name 15 countries in Europe without any help. I agree that the people in the bar that your friend ran into were ignorant. Also, keep in mind that when a TV show goes to do the man on the street interviews, they might have spoken with 25 people to find the 2 or 3 to feature who were the...