or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

Apple could easily make a shuffle that small, the main problem would be the need for an additional device to control it. I totally agree with you about the Borg people though, This past Easter Sunday, there was a guy directly in front of me in church with the Bluetooth headset in his ear during the whole mass, blinking its stupid, distracting blue light every 5 seconds. I mean is he actually going to answer the phone if it rings? If not, he can't spend the requisite 2...
Nothing but a ruse to get the share price down to allow for one last accumulation of shares before the earnings reports come out.
I bet that December 26th will see a big uptick in iPod sales due to parents of kids who were expecting an iPod, but instead ended up with a S**T brown Zune under the tree exchanging them for what the child really wanted. A year or two ago near Christmastime, a mother came up to me and said that her daughter asked for an iPod and wanted to know if the "Dell iPod" was as good as the Apple one. It would rock if on November 14th, Apple were able to reduce the price of the 30...
Microsoft shareholders should hope that it is not too successful. If sales ever rival those of the ipod, you are talking about half a billion in losses per quarter.
I don't know how much it will erode profits and market share when you consider the high elasticity of demand for ipods which are essentially luxury items. If Apple lowers the price again, say to $199 for the 30 Gig iPod, they should still make profit on it (however at a lower margin) but they will also pick up a lot more sales. An increase in sales of iPods will only further strengthen the iTunes store which will give them better negotiating power with content providers,...
If Melbourne and Brisbane are in the same time zone, why do you need a clock for each?
This is great news. I think it is a really good start considering that the 'true video ipod' nor the 'iTV' has been released and the selection is small. TV Shows have been out for just about a year and look how much they have grown. I think that by Christmas 07' nearly all studios will succomb to iTunes. Hell, their shareholders will make them when they see competing studios easily pulling in all that extra revenue.This just came to mind, I wonder if Apple's new data...
I love how you snuck these things in there, It's hilarious. Oh yeah, Google and Apple were thinking of a name for their collaboration and are going to use "Rebel Alliance".
I actually think the genius part of the iTV is that you don't need a seperate computer, you use your existing mac. Personally, I couldn't see myself buying a $600 Mac Mini to use just for my TV. However, the iTV lets you use your existing computer even if it is in another room as your media hub. That way you have access to all your media on the TV, but you still have a PC to get your work done on. I imagine that using the computer for iTV would slow it down somewhat,...
Everything I've seen so far said that the target price was $299