or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

It does, I remember Steve Jobs saying at a keynote awhile ago (within the last year) that the average iTunes Music store account has purchased 60 songs on average. That includes the people who go on just to try it out or set up an account to get a free pepsi song.
Further proof that the probe into the Apple options will show no wrongdoing on Jobs part. He is simply not as motivated by money as many are. He would much rather change the world. People who would do shady things for financial gain would not give up compensation which is legimately owed to them.
Sorry, I have seen way too many "Teh Apple is teh DOOMED" posts over the past 12 or so years that I have been following Apple. I am usually pretty good on picking up on sarcasm. Again, I apologize
Part of that was sarcastic to illustrate what I feel is sloppiness in the original article. I believe you are also mischaracterizing the situation. The options are not even alleged as being improperly gained, plus there are also other options included in that total which are not disputed. Everyone knew he was getting them including the board and the shareholders. Proposals made at shareholder meetings to reign in Apple's option granting were voted down by wide margins....
You apparently have no understanding of what is going on.
If only the US Government would take a lesson from Apple.
First off, I don't see how he could cancel the awards and then subsequently cash them in to realize a gain. If they are cancelled, they aren't there to cash in. Second, I think that I and a majority of Apple shareholders think that Steve Jobs is worth way more than all the compensation he was given in all forms including the shares, jet, etc. Apple is a clear case where the management including the CEO has added tremendous value to the company. In fact, if Steve didn't...
At least they gave users this opportunity to get Shake for a much lower price. Another company would have continued to charge the $3000 price until they released their new product. It also will reflect the development costs of the new version where Shake by and large is already paid for and will cost Apple very little to maintain as there will probably be only a few small bug fixes going forward. Who knows, maybe the elasticity of demand is such that this price drop...
I think he meant offering Win XP on a Mac as a build to order option in addition to MacOS X for those users who would prefer to have windows preinstalled in a dual-boot configuration. I doubt that Mac users would get angry about that option as I believe that Apple has offered windows preinstalled about 10 years ago on their models which had the hardware pc card installed (I believe it was a pentium 1 with it's own ram, etc).
Even if they were to release a firmware upgrade for current users, the current RAZR V3c model has something like 8MB of user accessible memory and no card slot. So even if you could run iTunes, you could hold maybe 5 songs.