or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

I think he meant offering Win XP on a Mac as a build to order option in addition to MacOS X for those users who would prefer to have windows preinstalled in a dual-boot configuration. I doubt that Mac users would get angry about that option as I believe that Apple has offered windows preinstalled about 10 years ago on their models which had the hardware pc card installed (I believe it was a pentium 1 with it's own ram, etc).
Even if they were to release a firmware upgrade for current users, the current RAZR V3c model has something like 8MB of user accessible memory and no card slot. So even if you could run iTunes, you could hold maybe 5 songs.
Dell's market cap is once again below Apple's. Michael Dell, Founder of the beleagured computer manufacturer said "Who knew that innovation and actually advancing technology would win out over simply assembling parts."
I hope that the MacBook is coming real soon to benefit from all these advertising dollars being spent, otherwise they risk having the public retain the misconception that Apple does not have an offering in the low cost space even after it is released.
Good article about Bronfman here...http://www.techdirt.com/articles/200...229220_F.shtml
I think it can hardly be considered negotiations; Steve told them the way it was going to be and they finally acquiesced. I don't imagine that there was much give and take. Record companies: "We want variable pricing" Jobs: "No"
How pretentious do you have to be to say "140 basis points" instead of 1.4%?
The second location should be should be 10 infinite loop (pronounced two) if we are keeping with the binary theme. Which reminds me of the shirt which says "There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't."
I wonder how much space their current headquarters takes up? Will this second location be bigger? I applaud Jobs for not asking to use eminent domain, it's just not right and plus, Apple can do without the bad press that it will generate. This was definitely the right way to do it.
Mel, I think I remember you posting awhile back about how you saw Jobs and Woz demo the Apple I at the homebrew computer club. In the post you said that Jobs talked really fast and kept pushing his hair out of his eyes. Although it is technically not the Mac community, I think that has 99.9% of the people here beat.