or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

In other news it appears that MacBook Pro demand is still holding strong with ship times at 2-3 weeks on the apple store. The Intel Mac Mini also appears to be outpacing Apple's internal projections as the Apple Store shipping delay is up to 4-6 days, up from 24 hours when it was released a little over 2 weeks ago. I project that there is a 93.14159265358979323846264338327950% chance of Apple exceeding the consensus estimate for revenue in the current...
You guys are talking about the World Wide Web. What I was referring to tounge-in-cheek was Al Gore's claim during the 2000 presidential election campaign as quoted below. "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,18390,00.html I was just kind of trying to make a joke, one which admittedly might not be as well recognized abroad. It is really cool especially for...
I like how they managed to get the inventor of the Internet Albert Gore of Clinton white house fame on their board.
I hope CBS gets smart and offers Survivor on iTunes instead of their own CBS on demand platform where you can only watch it for like 24 hours or so. (You can get around this by never opening the file with your computer's date set past the file's expiration date, but once you open it one time with the date after the expiration, the file is useless.) Survivor would do great on iTunes because it is the type of show where you really do not want to miss an episode. Plus,...
That's why I am glad that they are delaying WWDC. In fact, if it weren't for the developer issues, it would be great for them to keep leopard's features a secret until after Vista launches, then MS will be so screwed because it will have nothing to copy.
Yeah, that's all we need, if you want to flip through channels to see what's on you have to say 'up' 'up' 'up' 'up' and that is in a best case scenario, I would hope that you wouldn't have to say 'channel up'. I don't think this will go over so well with consumers, the use of a remotes is almost a visceral reaction. Regarding outsourcing to India, that is just a bad idea, The service that comes out of there is horribly sub-par. I've had people at Indian call centers...
Based on the information here :http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0603movies.htmlIt seems that the survey was commissioned by Vongo. This explains the weighted wording used. I currently subscribe to Netflix. I like it but the biggest advantage is having to wait 2 days to get the movie you want. Often there is a movie that you want to watch *now* and waiting for 2 days can be annoying. Personally, I would rather subscribe for $10 a month than pay $4.99 to download to own a...
This is totally not an Apple Survey. Apple does things in secret. They wouldn't risk putting a survey out on the public internet where any joe taking the survey can take a screen shot. I think this is being done by Vongo or another one of Apple's competitors. I have never heard of an Apple survey being leaked in this fashion before, therefore I do not think it is an Apple survey at all.
I agree and I love the comment about placing a huge order with the Apple store.
It's too bad we can't read what it says on the blue sign in the last picture. Other than that, at present time, the facility does not look that secure. I mean, it would be pretty easy to hop over that gate. I'm sure that will change once its new tenants move in. I think this will be a big distribution center for iTunes Video.