or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

Point taken, but part timers are also harder to train and schedule, and may not have the same dedication to Apple if they are balancing demands of other jobs. There also is the possibility that Apple has found that much like in trauma surgery or many other fields, the best practitioners are those who practice their craft the most. Someone who deals with Apple products for 40+ hours a week will be more adept than one who deals with them for 20 or less. I also seem to...
I think if anything, they may be trying to do away with part time employees in favor of those who maintain a full time schedule.  
I remember when they were talking about their multi million dollar hero campaign for the Nokia Lumia. What a joke and waste of money that was, Windows Phone barely shows up in the stats. Fortunately a good deal of that money came from Microsoft.I agree that if they diverted most of the money they spent advertising other phones into the iPhone and improving their network, they would achieve better overall results. The only thing is that from a business perspective, in...
The launch was held up due to Apple waiting to settle the issue with Proview rather than have certain cities muddy the launch with sales injunctions as evidenced by the launch being announced several days after the Proview case was settled.Your post is testament to the utter domination of the tablet market by Apple. Since you say that they would have bought the iPad elsewhere, rather than buying a different tablet, it actually makes very little difference to Apple what...
This seems to be addressed in iOS 6...http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/#accessibility
The slide depicted from Turner's speech actually just cements my view that Apple's view is the right one.  I personally would rather that my devices have an OS and hardware which are optimized for the functions of that particular device.  My laptop is heavier, but has more horsepower and an OS suited for laptop based tasks.  As does the iPhone and iPad.  Why would I want to run a desktop OS on a mobile device?  Especially when everything in life is about tradeoffs.  By...
I don't believe this, the MBP Retina, as well as the recent refresh of their entire portable line should continue above industry growth in the Mac line.  
I think a lot of people are erroneously comparing this year to last year's decline. Remember that there was a nearly 16 month wait for the 4s and also many people thought the new phone would release in June. This year most people think it will release in September or October with a total wait of 11 to 12 months for the new model. Last year had a lot of people wait until June and then when the phone didn't come out figured "hey I waited this long, might as well wait a...
Beleagured iDevice maker Apple is doomed.
As many shares as you want to make your own dividend. I can never understand all this griping for dividends. The lack of a dividend allows us all to remove money from Apple at the exact rate which is best for our own personal financial situation.