or Connect

Posts by MacCentric

Apple is all about "delighting their customers" so yes, the 3GS will be dropped everywhere.  While I still have a 3GS that I use everyday, I would not like to see someone buy one new and then be displeased overall with their Apple experience in light of what else is on the market today.  That would only dilute Apple's brand value.  The phone has been on the market for 39 months.  Apple would rather have people need to save to buy a premier product than get a 3+ year old...
How much different in design is the 4S from the original iPhone?  They did a great job designing it originally, and are continually making incremental improvements.  The hardware will be beefed up as will the capabilities as they are every year.  I am sure the larger screen and the improved speed as well as LTE will be noticeable to many users, especially those who are upgrading from a 3GS or a 4.
Additionally, on average, recently, about 40% of the cost of a ticket goes to fuel, another charge that the airlines can do very little about.
Just from a logistics standpoint two events make sense.  I remember reading that during the most recent iPad launch, Apple bought up a good portion of the FedEx and UPS flights from China to facilitate distribution.  Apple has done events for devices much less significant than a smaller iPad (iPod Hi-Fi anyone?).   Additionally, on a strategic basis, September could be the month of the iPhone, then they suck the oxygen out of the launch of the Surface RT and Windows...
While I am happy that this plant and production is based in the US, I would still rather that Apple use another company for this work. Perhaps Apple could help by prepaying for chips so that another US company could build another US plant to compete with/diversify from this one. Preferably a US based chip company such as an Intel or TI who does not compete with Apple in smartphones and tablets.
Absolutely, I think that would hurt Samsung worse than these legal battles (although I still am in favor of protecting IP in this manner).  I would love to see Apple shift all its business to suppliers who are not directly competing with them.
Point taken, but part timers are also harder to train and schedule, and may not have the same dedication to Apple if they are balancing demands of other jobs. There also is the possibility that Apple has found that much like in trauma surgery or many other fields, the best practitioners are those who practice their craft the most. Someone who deals with Apple products for 40+ hours a week will be more adept than one who deals with them for 20 or less. I also seem to...
I think if anything, they may be trying to do away with part time employees in favor of those who maintain a full time schedule.  
I remember when they were talking about their multi million dollar hero campaign for the Nokia Lumia. What a joke and waste of money that was, Windows Phone barely shows up in the stats. Fortunately a good deal of that money came from Microsoft.I agree that if they diverted most of the money they spent advertising other phones into the iPhone and improving their network, they would achieve better overall results. The only thing is that from a business perspective, in...
The launch was held up due to Apple waiting to settle the issue with Proview rather than have certain cities muddy the launch with sales injunctions as evidenced by the launch being announced several days after the Proview case was settled.Your post is testament to the utter domination of the tablet market by Apple. Since you say that they would have bought the iPad elsewhere, rather than buying a different tablet, it actually makes very little difference to Apple what...