or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Two steps forward, three steps back.    So the solution to a failed product is to kludge it together with a successful product and hope no one will notice that you skipped a number?    The names and numbers are relatively irrelevant - more of a marketing thing than anything else - and under the covers it will likely remain something along the lines of build 14.889.11344revision37
I don't think any of these cases are about anyone "paying their fair share" so much as the accusers not being able to access the taxes that are being paid.    The EU is shouting "no fair, the school across the street got pudding for lunch today and I want some, whaaaa!"   I am not saying that if there is something illegal going on that it should be allowed to happen - but I sure would like to see all of our elected officials finding ways to reduce the cost of...
Interesting - an innocent until proven guilty idea perhaps?  I was thinking it should be more along the lines of "here are the facts as we understand them" and leave it to the judge and jury to decide if those facts constitute a violation of the law.  Or at the very least it seems more like a fishing expedition if you are not sure in advance that the law was violated.
Perhaps you should consider that "to skirt" implies that complying with the laws exactly as they are written is somehow illegal because someone "believes" that it is their "view" that there is wrong doing.  Maybe in Baseball we can have rulings that one team gained an unfair advantage because they have players who can run faster and take advantage of the "stealing a base" rule that was clearly set up to favor those teams who are able to assign players to a roster in a...
Yikes - update via iTunes was taking too long to download so I decided to go OTA as I have in the past for smaller updates - and it did not work - after reboot and very long trying to verify the update - the phone restarted in recovery mode thinking it was a brand new phone. Now restoring from a backup from an hour ago - and will see if it is with or without the update since the update did install as part of the recovery before I could get to a point where I could choose...
Not sure I would try that with my bare hands - what if the glass had shattered.
 Apparently I must have - still interesting to speculate about. Now MS buying Mojang is no longer rumor - and man if I had even 1/10th of that $2.5 billion I could pay off most of my Visa cards.
 Maybe you missed the original post - they (Square) allegedly have turned down a rumored $3 billion dollar buyout offer (from Apple).  Is that better?  It was not my intention to claim that in this particular case that either an offer was in fact made - or that offer was indeed refused - but rather speculating on what might be going on in any company to need a $100 million dollar infusion while categorically denying that discussions of selling for $3 billion even...
 Or perhaps it wasn't there at first and was later added. I saw it when I first read this article.  What has me curious is that if Square is doing so well that they don't even need to consider a multi-billion dollar buyout, for what exactly do they need a $100,000,000 investment?  As to the various comments about Square fizzling out - yes there will still be a place for physical swipe for a time and perhaps they can incorporate NFC in a soon to be released product - but...
I have not yet been able to watch the presentation/demo. My point is that for technology to be entirely effective - everyone involved in its use needs to have some understanding of how to use it properly.