or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

1. Multiple Companies are all involved in essentially the same anti-consumer practices and they all know it - but since no one is sufficiently different than another - consumers are unaware they are ALL being scammed.    2. An innovative company comes along and disrupts the business as usual practices of all those companies helping to expose the disservice they have been providing to their customers all along.    3. Those companies which do not directly or...
So I guess its a done deal then - because a former employee's sworn testimony as to what his opinion of the purpose of a project he allegedly worked on 10+ years ago cannot be doubted. 
What if Apple is secretly paying IDC and Gartner and the like to give everyone else a false sense of where things are headed and their relative marketshare so that they continue to spend money on projects and advertising that prevent them from spending their time and effort and money where it would have the most impact on their ability to actually compete with Apple's products?
Actually I suspect it has more to do with the potential payout for the lawyers in the case. I believe in many cases such as this the lawyers for the plaintiffs get $0 unless they win - meaning that they have only their time to lose and everything to gain by doing everything possible to ensure that the case does not get dropped or decided against them. In fact after the first year or two - they likely have so much time invested that they have to win some sort of judgment in...
Lawsuit for $1 billion dollars - if Apple found guilty - lawyers get $990 million - and each plaintiff gets $2 gift certificate at the iTunes Music store.
Perhaps someday they will be - but for now I'd imagine the primary reason is the cost of production. If the cost to make only the inside layer of Gorilla Glass is even double the cost of traditional glass and that translates to an overall fuel economy improvement that only just offsets the additional cost that leave only the possibility of less fractured glass on the inside under less than catastrophic events as a selling point.  I am not sure how insurance companies would...
Granted that there is much speculation as to exactly what happened and whether or not there was any deception involved. Without real information to go on we can only infer what might have happened or gone wrong etc. The manner in which is was revealed, with bankruptcy filing and sealed documents in court makes it more likely than not that there is something that wasn't completely above board somewhere in the mix. But I suppose that might be true of virtually every company...
I said that I do not know how the boules are turned into finished products didn't I?  A silicon chip that is manufactured on a large plater along side 100 other chips before being cut apart from the wafer is one thing but how do you cut a watch face or a phone screen from a solid block of sapphire? or is the boule just the first step in refining or purifying the sapphire and then some other process such as vapor deposition is used o turn it into a finished product?  The...
What product is Apple is working on that requires a chunk of sapphire that weighs 578 pounds, or even half that?    I don't know how the boules are turned into a finished product but it would seem that making pieces of sapphire which are maybe up to 6" diagonal and a couple millimeters thick would be applicable to products that can be carried around in your pocket or on your wrist. Even using it for a 23" touch screen iMac would not need 578 pounds in a single block. 
Will such tech finally put an end to people feeling compelled to apologize for the crappy quality of their photos because they were taken with a phone? Even tech on the market today is so far past what we had just 5 or 6 years ago it seems to me that most of the quality problems have more to do with factors other than the quality of the sensors. Sure it might have been easier to get an even better shot with a full DSLR camera on a tripod with reflectors and secondary light...