or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Or more likely - it is a consequence of the way in which USB was originally designed and it didn't occur to anyone that it could be exploited in this way - or if the possibility of exploit existed that it was too obscure or would require a level of knowledge or access to exploit that it was considered low risk. 
So if the police stop my car or knock on my door and I refuse to consent to a search then obviously I have undeclared evidence of criminal activity.Sounds like the Spanish Inquisition to me, and no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
I am by no means an expert on this topic and have not studied the available material in this case - but it does sound fishy to me that a distributor negotiating with its suppliers and getting them to agree on a pricing model whereby any discounts extended to the distributor's competitors area also matched doesn't sound at all like collusion to fix prices.  In fact, had you asks me prior to this case, I would have told you that in my opinion price fixing could only be...
Perhaps they meant 2mm thinner than the current iPhone. 
 Agreed - was just thinking that if a ship date was already set and someone decided to add a last minute feature WITHOUT doing the due diligence to ensure that the feature would meet any and all safety considerations that it is possible that is what happened. If that was a feature from the initial conception and was not tested adequately that is less forgivable.  Reminds me of something I saw awhile back with a contract requiring a listing of known issues, unknown issues...
 Not sure if there is more detail on this feature - but it seemed to me from what was in the article here that the problem was simply that in some cases the wave to deactivate function was trigged inadvertently. No information given about how likely it was or how frequently or for how long the alarm would be disabled. I am guessing the feature was included to allow for cases such as you burned dinner to be silenced easily - and must have some sort of reset procedure -...
 It is one thing to test features and functions to ensure they work when they are supposed to - it is much harder to test to ensure that no features is inadvertently triggered - especially one that detects motion at a distance as opposed to detectors inside the body of the device.  Of course there are plenty of examples of systems failing because they were only designed to measure what was expected such as Three Mile Island where a sensor designed to register within the...
 You mean he's not really a Doctor?  Looks like we've got ourselves quite a yawn-fest going on here. 
 There was a TV show that claimed that because the dots placed on a patients head to line up the radiation treatment for cancer lined up with the antenna in her cell phone that the phone must have caused the cancer. While is not how science works - and they didn't apparently consider the fact that both cell phones and medical equipment are designed to be operated by human hands and the fact that two unrelated pieces of equipment happen to have roughly the same shape and...
 my point is that something as simple as a misunderstanding or one person's fevered dreams when labeled as "a leak" gains some measure of legitimacy simple by virtue of how it is reported which can then grow into a full fledged conspiracy theory especially if there is an official denial   a bit of stretch all the way from this particular story to conspiracy theory but every good conspiracy theory has to start somewhere