or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

"Evaluated" - or perhaps they are in heated negotiations with AMD to see just how much of a recall cost AMD will pay for and not disclose to the public so that Apple can be the hero but not have to pay nearly as much to make that claim. Not that I am hating on Apple - just speculating that there may be more going on than we are aware of. 
I have an Early 2011 17" and a Late 2011 15" and they have BOTH had motherboards replaced due to faulty video cards - fortunately one of them is a work machine and was covered under AppleCare but I did not get AppleCare on my personal machine - and it cost me nearly $400. I also have an older MacBook Pro with a Radeon 1600 chip that needs a motherboard replacement for full function - but works okay except for graphics intensive stuff - with the kernel drivers for the...
 I was thinking along the same lines.  The "I'm a Mac" series (to my recollection) never once claimed Apple had a faster processor or a larger screen or a name any other individual feature of a product. Where the MS and Samsung ads are rife with individual feature comparisons, ours has a huge magnificent 6.7" screen while Apple has a tiny paltry 4.0" screen. As if that single factor alone makes a great product. Lets ignore for a moment the resolution or refresh rate, color...
 How does changing the placement of the camera and adding a flash make it any more difficult to take a photo with the front facing camera than it is now? If you are looking a the screen you can see exactly what you are going to get a picture of. Maybe I missed something in your first couple sentences - the only selfies I have seen where the results are poor are cases where people do not know how to use the device in the first place - such as turning the phone around and...
 Did no one else catch this? Maybe its just me - but that appears to say that a Chromebook that you actually have is definitely much more useful than an iPad which you do not have.  Does it not say "I was upset that we didn't get the iPads"? Or is the implication here that she is suggesting that the Chromebooks are more useful that some imagined potential use of the iPad? or what she perceives the usefulness of iPads to be in other grades/departments where iPads have...
 Not sure about the "I" portion of AI as relates to this article - but since Apple and the products they sell do not exist in a vacuum, I am perfectly fine with reports such as this where even if Apple or Apple products are not even mentioned - it is obvious that there is a stark contrast between Apple's products and the competition's offerings.  
 Or more likely - it is a consequence of the way in which USB was originally designed and it didn't occur to anyone that it could be exploited in this way - or if the possibility of exploit existed that it was too obscure or would require a level of knowledge or access to exploit that it was considered low risk. 
So if the police stop my car or knock on my door and I refuse to consent to a search then obviously I have undeclared evidence of criminal activity.Sounds like the Spanish Inquisition to me, and no one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
I am by no means an expert on this topic and have not studied the available material in this case - but it does sound fishy to me that a distributor negotiating with its suppliers and getting them to agree on a pricing model whereby any discounts extended to the distributor's competitors area also matched doesn't sound at all like collusion to fix prices.  In fact, had you asks me prior to this case, I would have told you that in my opinion price fixing could only be...
Perhaps they meant 2mm thinner than the current iPhone.