or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Riiiiiight, the similarity in name was the only obstacle to success.    Why not InFon or InFone or InPhone for India Phone? Or iTalk, or any of a myriad of possibilities.    Maybe I am missing something here but how many investors base their decisions on nothing more than a catchy name? Could it be that the investors backed out when Apple became their competition in the market segment for the device regardless of the name?    You do have to wonder how many companies...
True - and I suppose if they know which car is yours then taking your keys vs your phone is about the same. But if there is a way to spoof the ID then someone could just walk through a parking lot with a code scanner.  I have at times hidden keys on a car - in one case at the beach instead of leaving the car keys with our stuff on the beach it was hidden in the car.  Not that many people do - but it would be easier to lock up your car keys that your phone - and if you...
So if someone steals your phone you can't get home because you can't get into your car. Or they can take your phone and then use it to steal your car.    Of course if you have a password/touch ID setup they wouldn't get very far.    I am not sure how al the NFC works but if there is a way to spoof the chip ID then it could be a big security risk - though with pairing and such there are likely multiple bits of data flowing between the devices. A case where the car...
I haven't upgraded yet - looking at iPhone 6 (not plus) - I have 247 Apps, almost 4000 songs, almost 7000 photos. I do get some random crashing on my 5s - certain apps seem to be more likely to do so and most often just after launch - but they do not take down the entire phone. I am currently on 8.0.2 - 8.1 will go on over the weekend. Since updating to 8.x I have noticed that touch response freezes way more often than before 8.x - often the keyboard freezes during text...
I was thinking the same thing - if the underestimated rather than the usual grossly overestimated numbers analyst general publish then something must be seriously wrong. Besides that, making Apple look good can't sit well with the competitors who pay for the usual fraud perpetrated by so called industry experts. 
If this ends up being the only case where Apple was swindled and for such a relatively small amount compared to this zero debt and cash stockpile amidst dozens of acquisitions and partnerships and contracts I would say that's a pretty good track record.It would be more concerning if someone (or group) at Apple had all the info and was not conned but just made a (or series of) immensely poor decisions or utterly lacked any ability to be sufficiently critical of claims made...
I have an original iPad and it still works just fine - mostly my grand daughter uses it for Netflix and a few games - but both the wife and I use it for web browsing and I also use it for remote control of various computers.  My son has the original iPad Mini and it still works just fine - he doesn't use quite so much as he used now that he has a MacBook.  Every announcement makes me think I should get myself a new iPad - but there currently isn't a big enough gap in the...
 I don't know the guy personally - but I'd hazard a guess that its more than just a little.   That is possibly one of the creepiest movies I have seen in a very long time and watching Bale's performance is like watching a ten car pile up in slow motion from four different angles all at the same time. 
I don't know why it isn't called "The Next New iPad Air 2" or wait, "The New Next iPad Air" no that's not it "The Next iPad(AIR)" or "The AirPad" no, wait, just gimme a minute, I'll figure it out.