or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

While I don't think any company has a right to dictate personal choices their employees make there is a difference between a random employee and a public spokesperson. Anytime a celebrity is used to promote a product it is implied that they have chosen to do so or that they believe in the product and folks who have a hard time with critical thinking on their own get the idea that if (fill in your favorite celebrity here) used product X then I can be just like (celebrity)...
Because, ya know, it is just so shockingly unexpected that the "industry watchers" get it so wrong. Shouldn't this be "Apple stock price takes a hit this week when it is revealed that Apple's marketshare is significantly different* than analysts predicted."*different in this case meaning far exceeding predictions, so clearly there is something wrong at Apple and Doom is imminent anytime a company outperforms the experts' predictions.
 That is what I was thinking - "I wish I could say more NOW, but that would ruin the surprise"  but also likely a reference to the days of Steve Jobs and his famous, "One more thing" which was often delivered as if it were an afterthought but which generally turned out to be the biggest surprise or something entirely unexpected.  But could be as simple as "Wish we could say more, but if we did, then this notice would not be in keeping with out traditional style of keeping...
Ooh that would have been a good one - 6 new models of iPhone 6 with 6" screen - or 6 colors or even flip it around and have the 9.9 above and the 6.6 as the shadow - then you could have 9.9 as the data and 6.6 as the 6" iPhone 6.  Or, we can just wait for the announcement and then watch as all the wild speculation about all the new Apple products that would take us to Mars only get us as far as the Moon, despite the competition being stuck in low Earth orbit or blown up on...
 I agree - I don't need a phone to be 0.5mm thick - and I don't want it to be 10" diagonal after you add a case.  Many people may have there handheld device glued to their hand - mine spend plenty of time in a pocket or other location beside in my hand in front of my face. 
I am not familiar with how the beacons work - could potentially be a backdoor - or perhaps someone could use it to determine which cars have been parked for how long.  Some folks might cry Big Brother and anyone who voluntarily gives away the position of their car all the time might as well just forward all their emails, phone calls, and text messages to the NSA - never considering that this likely would not be any bigger a breach of their personal data and location than...
I wonder what the range on the iBeacon device is and whether or not that would be a good thing to build into or add onto a car. Although it mint have to be a restricted access devices that doesn't broadcast to everyone - not that people can't see your car there - but privacy and security might be concerns if your car is highlighted as belonging to someone who owns expensive technology.
 It hadn't occurred to me that memory was causing the Safari refresh rather than time away from the app for example.  Even at $5 extra for the component that doesn't take into consideration all the other engineering concerns and design trade-offs such as space, heat, battery life etc. Though I suspect they have prototypes with more and as opposed to other companies who make spec changes simply because the component is available rather than because it provides value I think...
Could be that the iOS operating system has a smaller memory footprint than Android.    Or perhaps they are using a sort of paging to fee up memory with little or no impact on performance - or maybe the chip is powerful enough to do compression.    If only they could prefect carbon nanotube batteries - and get a 10x increase in the charge density of the battery - or maybe it is micro crystal batteries - whatever the next major breakthrough in batteries. 
Was it just me or did every one else see a Microsoft Cortana ad before the video started?    Seems to me that the swipe deal would be more efficient if lifting your finger ended the word and starting the next swipe locked it in withe the space in between so that you didn't have to type the space bar between every word.