or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Not even once - well okay once - I did get my phone out after landing to discover that I had forgotten to turn it off or enter airplane mode - and the plane did not crash - not even once.
  Does it say that Apple provided the comparison? Looks to me like AppleInsider is the source of the side by side comparison. And the article highlights the fact that this data is even available at all and then compares it to the sad state of affairs on the other side.    I do wonder a bit about the Other category - could it be there are few devices prior to a given version because those devices just cant access the store? I have an original iPad which is limited and most...
looks more like iPhone 5S and new iPod Touch to me. 
  Isn't that for iOS 7 ?       Riiiight, that's why Angry Birds is not offered on Android, Symbian, and Windows Phone, oh wait, it IS offered on multiple platforms. Of course it is recompiled for each of those and I am not familiar with that various ways apps are compiled for those various platforms so there may be other changes required beyond just setting the environment and hitting a button to recompile. 
  No it's only Evil when Apple does it right and shames all the other players, especially those who have been at it longer without being able to figure it out on their own. 
iPod with camera instead of iPhone should work too right?    If I understand the video - the point of the setup is to standardize the exposure etc - and that the test strip itself takes a number of minutes to read - not that the app takes minutes to process - which means a person would have to watch a clock and make observations over a period of time - which are subject to variations in lighting and subjective interpretation of comparing colors - could also be...
I have no problem with anonymous donation - we still have some freedom in this country. Speculation on my part here but it could have been in part due to a feeling that he wanted to be celebrated for the things he was directly involved in and not the efforts of other which he simply helped to fund. And actually, if you think about it, it was all of us who bought Apple products an made the company profitable who donated all that money, indirectly of course. But perhaps...
  I may be wrong here but I think at its core the issue really is along these lines.   You make Widgets and sell them wholesale to Amazon for a price that you and Amazon have negotiated - you suggest to Amazon what you think a fair retail price is - but after Amazons buys x million Widgets from you they are free to price them however they like, including below their cost if so inclined.    I want to sell your Widgets as well but am not interested in selling them for...
can't help but wonder why aircraft didn't already have a an electronic copy of the flight manuals already built in - its not like there is any shortage of computing power and screen space in an aircraft.    Yes I know if it had been then it would likely be hundreds of pounds of redundant equipment with backup batteries and for the government it would cost a million dollars a year just for the service contract to keep them all updated. But still, if having an...
hmmm - iPhone 5 (or perhaps what comes next) is on my list of upcoming purchases - and while I am interested in this case - it does not appear that it would work as an iPod in car with just the one cable connected as I do now with my iPhone 4S - plug in 30pin to in-car USB and charge and play and control form the steering wheel. But if the micro-USB does not sync I am guessing it also does not provide docking functions to other devices either. I could plug in an audio...