or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

But what about the connector - I would like to get the extra battery life - and the extra storage is nice - but if I can't plug it into my car for both charge and sync without removing it from the case then it less useful. Not that anyone is really doing that - the closest I think I have seen is a battery pack that has a detachable cable from the pack to the phone meaning you can bypass it - which might work since the primary times you need the extra battery power are when...
Thank god - finally - someone has determined the most effective way to solve all inequities in the world based on gender - force Apple to have more women on the board of directors - and everything for ever after will be sunshine and puppy dogs.    If the pundits really want there to be more women in these positions I think they need to start at the bottom, not the top, meaning that such change is far more effective when it is pervasive and begins at the earliest stages...
 I am not sure that capitalism requires companies to be publicly traded. In fact I would think that the entire stock market system is something of a leach on the system and just like labor unions they once served a valuable purpose but have long since outgrown their initial function to take on a life of their own which retains only a glimmer of the original purpose.  In case that is not clear - in the case of unions, they came about at a time when working conditions and...
Never heard of either of them. I used to work for a guy whose business plan was to become a big enough local threat to the major national corporation to convince them to offer him a big fat check to shut down. Sadly didn't work out that way. Can't say that it was a bad model - a former business partner of his in a different state did succeed in that plan but only about a decade after the guy I worked for had sold out his interest in that business and moved back "home" at...
I'll vote for CashPlan - I have a Mac Server connected to a Promise Thunderbolt RAID array - and I use space limited sparse bundles as TImeMachine targets for all the Macs in the house - and also use share points as target locations for CrashPlan backups from non-Macs in the house as well as remote target for systems and servers at other locations. The one gap in my backup plan at the moment is that although I am the remote target for other locations I do not yet have a...
Regarding upgrading CPU/GPU - don't forget about firmware - not that I have any reason to think that the firmware is different between say 8 core and 12 core models - but I don't have any reason to think that it is all the same for all models. Just saying that the ability to swap one processor for another with the same pinout doesn't guarantee that everything will work. Back in the day I upgraded a G3 tower a couple of times and had to move jumpers and load new firmware -...
Of course it makes total sense for the guy who is being accused of the impropriety to defend himself without any sort of independent review or investigation.    And what a cry baby move to say things like every other company I ever had to infiltrate was much more cooperative. The whole - never had to wait so long for a meeting bit - makes me wonder who the other companies were and how effectively they were being run if the board or directors could be at the beck and call...
The wife and I both got new iPhones this month - but not activated on Christmas day. The wife also got a new Kindle - but also activated prior to Christmas day. I wonder how our old iPhones will be counted - if at all - when reactivated - one was a Christmas gift but has yet to be activated and the other will be for a birthday in Feb.
Sounds like yet another of someone getting the knickers in a twist and deciding that since Apple has deep pockets they make an easy target to go after with some arcane interpretation of the law (or ordinance or whatever it is in this case). Or perhaps a case where all parties willingly entered into a agreement based on terms accepted by all and then someone decided they should have gotten a better deal than they did.    While I am not saying Apple can do no wrong - it...
Now I know why we all got that email that said Microsoft would pay you to forward it - that was really the NSA testing their ability to monitor all internet traffic with Microsoft's help.