or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

So were is the document that proves it was designed to fail just after the warranty expired? what about people with extended Applecare? do their phones get a secret software patch that prevents the button from wearing out until a year later? I have had a number of iOS devices in my family and this is the first I have even heard about a power button failing - and the list includes at least six iPhone 4 and a iPhone 4S. The iPod Touch Home Button on the other hand - that...
okay how long before there is an app for people in Colorado or Washington that controls their lighting based on their, um, "mood"
What about charging? was the demo simply unplugged? or does the wire feed down through the base? guessing there is not a battery in the device itself.    Which iPads does it work with? or are there different versions? a device with full size iPad for employee and iPad mini for customer facing would be kinda cool - or what about attaching the receipt printer directly in the base of the unit? for cases where there are not multiple POS units sharing a printer?    I...
Woo hoo - we cut our margins and increased our give aways and shipped more units that Apple, we win !!!   or - Apple's sales have slumped they are doomed, doomed I tell ya, unless they maintain the highest market share how can they possible demand the highest profit margins?    or - Low stock of Apple's iPhone indicates the ramp up of the highly anticipated iPhone 6 with translucent case and internals and holographic display, 5G service, thought interface, and...
Maybe they could secretly send thousands of iPhones to the black market and then track how many crimes they are used to commit. They can call it 4G and Furious, or iPhone and Furious.    I'm surprised that he didn't suggest that Apple just lower the price causing a corresponding drop in resale value as the answer. Then again, I suppose if you are a crack head and you only need $20 for your next hit you don't care if the item you are stealing was $600 or $200 so long...
  Wow - so it is a waste of tax payer money for the DEA to stop criminals from profiting off illegal drugs but you are perfectly okay with a waste of tax payer money by the BATFE to decrypt cell phones to stop criminals from profiting off their illegal actives. What a weird and wonderful world you must live in.   I wonder if the 7 week wait is an actual backlog of 7 weeks - or maybe just a generic answer - or perhaps something else, perhaps along the lines of Apple's...
Maybe it is an application for use on a motorcycle or ATV or personal watercraft. 
come on folks - give the guy a break here - FUD has to start somewhere, right? and not only that but it will provide awesome quotes in a couple years anytime anyone sees the smallest blip in sales or growth or profitability for any given tablet style device. 
  I paid $257 including tac for one of my BookEndz docks for a Macbook Pro - and well worth the investment. Had to work without it for a while until I modified it to work directly with a new Thunderbolt external display and only confirmed the usefulness. Of course the BookEndz sits under the machine and is made to angle the base up to a more comfortable position. The only thing I dislike about the BookEndz is the power cord sticking out the side - should have been in the...
  I have two BookEndz docks and in that case the Thunderbolt passthrough doesn't pass through full Thunderbolt but just Display Port and it does work with DVI and other adapters. Although in the one case I have modified my BookEndz dock so that the Thunderbolt cable from my 27" monitor plugs directly into the side of the notebook along with all the built in connectors. I would have preferred they somehow integrated the power connection as well even if only some sort of...