or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

You are so right with all the parts of your post I agree with but the rest is bunk. :-)
  I don't think that freqsound was suggesting that people who are visually impaired have it easy or that they deserve to suffer etc, but rather there is a significant difference between discrimination - which is an active choice to deliberately make trouble for someone based on some trait and the simple fact that many people have some difficulty living in a westernized world awash in technology and that alone does not automatically require that everyone and everything...
The "spirit of the law" when spoken by a politicians to me sounds like "we'll grab every last cent we can get away with"   It may be well know that all corporations do what they can to minimized expenses across the board, not just "tax burden" (ever wonder why the word burden is used?) but I must be traveling in the wrong circles because I have never before seen the phrase "Double Irish with a Dutch Sandwich" before and had someone asked me what that phrase meant corporate...
So Apple should also be fined and have to pay themselves for leaking the information as well.    Maybe this is entirely different but it almost sounds like saying you didn't break into the house because the door was left unlocked. 
 Wow - I'll take freedom, and the responsibility that comes along with it, thank you very much.  That said, operating a motor vehicle is a privilege that should not be taken lightly - and if there are ways that those who do not choose to embrace driving as a hands on activity that requires skill and attention then I have nothing against self driving cars etc - but I don't see how that is incompatible with manually operated vehicles. Besides, there is no way you could...
How detailed are the patents when it comes to execution? Could it be that the description of what is being done simply sounds similar but when you get into the details there is only a superficial resemblance?    For example we each describe a means of travel based on a mechanical device using rotating parts to transfer torque created by the engine through a shaft such that the force generated is directed into vehicle motion and you build a car but I build a helicopter...
 Good point - if I called it The Apples Store or The Applestore and has full glass front etc that would certainly be asking for trouble - but if I called it Apples Galore and made it look like a tree house maybe not so much.  Regarding Candy Crush - isn't that just a rip off BeJeweled and half a dozen other games of exactly the same strategy but with different graphics?
Interesting - but isn't the trademark of Time Magazine restricted to news publications? or perhaps any for of publication? and not just the word "Time" itself? For example if I wanted to publish a magazine about watches and clocks and call it Time Magazine then I don't think that would fly - but if I called it Time Pieces Magazine or The Magazine of Time, would that be okay? Similarly with Apple, despite the long battle between Apple Computer/Apple Inc and Apple Corps...
 That is in addition to the 5c and 5s and MacBook Pro I bought late last year - the point is that any data collected on how many devices people already have or how many have recently been sold does not necessarily predict how many will be purchased in the future. Any trends that can be observed are based on what has happened and or speculation about what might happen and while the past is fixed the future is not. 
I have at least three upgrades and or new additions in the immediate future in my family. Two iPhone 4 upgrades - likely one to 5s and one to 5c with a possible net new iPad mini in the mix.