or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Rare doesn't have to mean that it only happens to those who are affected very infrequently. If Apple has sold 10,000,000 units and about 1,000 are affected - ever if those 10,000 are severely affected - that qualifies as rare.  Ever hear phrases such as your mileage may vary - or individual results may vary?  Plane crashes are rare - but that statistical frequency is utterly irrelevant to you when you are a passenger on a plane that is about to crash. So should the entire...
 I don't know much about how the key are generated - but in theory wouldn't it be simpler to just send an extra copy of each key to a datastore where it could later be retrieved - or only save the extra key AFTER getting a warrant to surveil an individual - and then perhaps only the key used when that person sends - and a separate warrant to decrypt anything sent from the person on the other end?  I do know that in tape encryption with a key manager the recommended best...
Isn't that report kinda like saying that someone could gain unlawful entry into my neighbor's house if he were to leave a spare key under a rock in the garden and a thief were to find that key.   Sure sounds like my neighbor is just asking for someone to break in and is not being at all safe.   Let's ignore the fact that I have no knowledge of whether or not my neighbor does in fact leave a key under a rock in the garden - or whether he has additional locks, bars,...
Must be a hoax - an analyst that says Apple knows what they are doing - must be the clearest evidence yet that Apple is DOOOOOOMED!
 My wife and possibly my mom will - they each currently have iPhone 4 - and barely use it to its full potential - so getting a 5c for $50 and passing the 4 down to my nieces is a win for everyone.  For me I replace my 4S with a 5S and my dad would likely benefit from the faster camera on the 5S to replace his 4 - then his 4 and my 4S can also be passed down the line. So instead of $1200or so for all four of us to get iPhone 5S - it would be more like two 5C units at $100...
 Pie in the sky projections can include things like alerting the user to issues such as blood pressure or blood sugar levels which can lead to immediate intervention on a small scale and avoid a later much more expensive invasive hospitalization. Or could work like the oil life indicator in your car as a gauge to schedule trips to the doctor at intervals that are relative to your level of health.  On the flip side - anything that saves time in getting accurate info...
 You can already buy a prodcut such as this: http://www.ohmibod.com/wired-vibrators/ohmibod.php
Don't forget that the board of directors represents a potential pool of future CEOs so any decision they make regarding the current CEO's compensation could have a direct effect on their personal financial future. 
I have had an entirely clear case for an older iPod - providing some protection from external damage while not obstructing the design in any way. Not sure that I have seen many similar examples lately - and keep in mind that for most case makers I would think their goal is to make the device look entirely different and or promote themselves. Where many online reports take the view of does this enhance or detract from the stock look and feel of the device, I suspect that...
 Yes - I was thinking along the same lines - with so many issues that get media attention - that attention is focused in the wrong place - if you don't agree with the the law don't blame those who abide by the law and celebrate those who flaunt the law - work on getting the law changed.