or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Hey why is my 50GB hard drive not 50GiB? and why is my 17" screen only 16.8 inches? Not sure how this will play out - but an argument over how data is recorded or reported is one thing - have them explain how they can sell 2GB of data for $25 to one customer but 400MB of data to another for $30, regardless of overhead or how you measure it. I still can't figure out why they would sell me a $60 a month unlimited laptop plan (and I sometimes did use over 5GB in one...
I would imagine that some of the market for other devices will be driven by folks who wan to use flash content. There are lies, damn lies and then there are statistics. So long as there is more than a single company or product on the market there will be comparisons. Any comparison that does not include the raw numbers and define the parameters (single quarter, total for all historical etc) it will be possible even likely to misrepresent or misinterpret the...
I would imagine that some of the market for other devices will be driven by f
I think the only thing you can really say with any certainty is that with the several years that AT&T has hand exclusivity - that anyone who has wanted an iPhone since the beginning - or even since the 3G - would most likely have done so by now. Including those who had to switch networks to do so. Meaning that any huge spike in new iPhones activated via AT&T would be unexpected. You can also say with some certainty that anyone who switched from Verizon to AT&T...
I don't see why some consensus of people who by definition do not have all the pertinent data is so critical to deciding whether a company is successful or not. Never mind that is a single metric of what a company is doing overall. Is AT&T now going to go through a period of time when they are referred to as "beleaguered" or is that too big a stretch? How many here recall how many times "Apple" and "Beleaguered" were used in the same headline - and how many times...
maybe it was not stated as clearly as could be but I read that as saying that if you are betting $100 - I will give you 10:1 odds - meaning that if you lose I get your $100 and if you win I will pay out at 10:1 meaning I pay you $1000. The person offering the $1000 acting as the house in this case accepting the bet of $100 at a 10:1 payout being $1000 - not the person with the $1000 placing a 10:1 odds bet with a $10,000 payout.
I gave up the unlimited to get on the tethering plan - so I could dump my $60 a month notebook card. I would prefer to have an unlimited plan - or actually now that I have 4 iPhone 4's in the family - I would prefer to have some sort of shared data plan and or roll over data plan. I have unlimited shared text messaging - and roll over cellular minutes - why can they not do the same with data? I would guess that Verizon will use the unlimited plan as an incentive to...
Hey yeah - most folks talk about it like it is an all or nothing sort of thing. But just as the US Military took advantage of UFO sightings to hide some projects in plain sight - Apple may well on occasion inject just enough truth into the rumor mill to keep it churning - making it easier to maintain secrecy when it really matters - and to make everyone doubt even the most iron clad information until it is handed down officially. By the same token - all the talk of...
I would have two of each - black and white - in my family - but had to go with 4 black. hoping there will be a 4GS or 4S or whatever - this year - so that iPhone 5 can come out next year when my two years is up. remains to be seen whether it will be a compelling upgrade for me. more likely would be an iPad2 as my next purchase - assuming that comes out this year.
Yeah - why not make the announcement the day production beings - or even announce that next week production will begin - and even start taking pre-orders - sure folks will have to wait a few weeks longer perhaps - but then you would have a better idea how many you will need and how much to ramp up production to get started. As much as I like it when Steve says "available TODAY" - I wonder how much the theatrics actually translates into additional sales. And even say -...