or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

That makes no sense to me at all - how is the email app on the iPad crap but the email app on the iPhone is not? or is just that you have two devices and choose only to use one of them for email? email on the iPhone is very good - way better than on the Treo I had before my first iPhone - but the exact same app with a couple subtle differences in the interface depending on orientation of the iPad makes email even better in my opinion. Sure not as convenient when walking...
Isn't it entirely possible that the Verizon announcement is related to LTE and 4G and has nothing whatsoever to do with any Apple product whatsoever? Kinda of a general public announcement version of the CES debut of the LTE/4G? Or have the TV commercials already covered that sufficiently and any press releases I haven't paid any attention to? or in other words, is there anything beyond rumor that suggests that tomorrow's Verizon event is about anything that isn't already...
The indicated advice does NOT say that alarms will work on Jan 1 and Jan 2 when using a recurring option - it says that a recurring alarm with function properly starting on Jan 3. In other words saying that the problem only affects alarms - both singular and repeating - but only for instances which fall on the 1st or the 2nd.
The trouble with daylight savings time was the alarm not adjusting as a result of the time change - or perhaps changing when it should not have. I set an alarm for 2 pm on the day after the time change - and when the time change occurs either my alarm gets moved an hour as well to 1 pm instead of remaining at 2 pm or it stays at 2 pm as if the time of day did not change. (or something like that). This was a case of the alarms ringing at the wrong time. Whereas the alarms...
where are all the cries of the Orwellian future this will usher in? Could also be useful for business that want to keep track of where their delivery trucks are for example - tied into other scanner and or credit card scanning etc - could make the iPhone the keystone (or would it be capstone? or cornerstone? or foundation?) of a complete Business Suite for anyone who has people, goods or services that are delivered to the end user. With proper coding and websites...
Where were all those lawyers in the IBM PC BIOS reverse engineering case? they lost that one, no?
I think what I am saying is more along the lines of if there are multiple ways to achieve the same effect then perhaps the overall description is too vague to be patented. For example - Thomas Edison did not patent "the light bulb" he patented a specific design with a screw in base etc - if someone else develops "a device which shall produce a visible light emission through the application of electricity" that is entirely different in materials and construction and design...
My wife bought a Netbook last year - and then ran into trouble trying to install apps from CDs since it has no optical drive - and some apps would not run because the screen res was too low. I have just been informed that I am receiving an iPad as a gift. So we will have one iPad and one Netbook in the household - along with 3 iPhones - one MacBook Pro - one iMac - one Mac Mini - and one Lenovo T510 - along with an assortment of various technological flotsam and...
not sure if this applies here - but seems like this and many are cases where an idea should not be patented but the implementation of that idea. it is one thing if Apple came knocking and said may we use your code please and the patent holder said sure here ya go - that'll be $x per shipping unit (or whatever) and Apple said thanks for the tech but we are not paying - and something else entirely if Apple developed independently code that happened to perform a very...
MacBook Pro 10.6.5 - loaded via Software Update - repeated crashes - download from Apple.com got it going again