or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

My wife bought a Netbook last year - and then ran into trouble trying to install apps from CDs since it has no optical drive - and some apps would not run because the screen res was too low. I have just been informed that I am receiving an iPad as a gift. So we will have one iPad and one Netbook in the household - along with 3 iPhones - one MacBook Pro - one iMac - one Mac Mini - and one Lenovo T510 - along with an assortment of various technological flotsam and...
not sure if this applies here - but seems like this and many are cases where an idea should not be patented but the implementation of that idea. it is one thing if Apple came knocking and said may we use your code please and the patent holder said sure here ya go - that'll be $x per shipping unit (or whatever) and Apple said thanks for the tech but we are not paying - and something else entirely if Apple developed independently code that happened to perform a very...
MacBook Pro 10.6.5 - loaded via Software Update - repeated crashes - download from Apple.com got it going again
I saw the original Tron when it came out - and "horrible, horrible movie" is no where close - go watch Plan 9 from Outer Space if you want to see a movie whose only redeeming quality is that it is so incredibly bad. As for Tron - my recollection is not that it was the best movie or the best acting etc - but I sure was entertained by it. Perhaps not fair to compare it - but I also saw the original Star Wars movie when it came out and despite being a movie that changed the...
"smartphone users don't want to be distracted with lots of functionality in their mobile phone" Is that an actual quote? Did someone with a pulse in 2010 actually say that? Sure I want my smartphone to excel at making phone calls - but the fact that someone at Microsoft thinks that a smartphone that does a lot of other things really well too is not what consumers want perhaps explains the failure of the Kin and may also speak to the potential future of the windows...
the real reason for the Apple facility in North Carolina is so that Apple can install a transceiver big enough to cover half the county - with the other one going into the former HP buildings in California - and the iPhone 5 will be 5G service with 100Mbps down and 25Mbps upstream - and will only support the iPhone 5 - and will require a $100 a month data plan. yeah, that's the ticket. And more thing, Steve is going to marry Morgan Fairchild, yeah.
Pretty bold move by Motorola to ask for an injunction against Apple bringing evidence to the case that would not be favorable to Motorola's position.
perhaps software makers wil lower their average selling price as they gain access to a larger potential customer base via an interface which as far as I can tell is enjoying some modest success (on the iOS App store). Though I would like to see options such as RealBasic has used where one low price gets you the download and a license - if you want a printed manual - that is extra$ - if you need support that is extra$ - there is a lot of software that I might be willing...
I don't get why this guy is upset - he's already got a job on that Progressive Insurance commercial, doesn't he? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2uyk...layer_embedded
There are Lies, There are Damn Lies, and then there are Statistics. A 2% difference does not appear to be statistically significant to me - unless you have a huge sample size. The title should be more along the lines of men and women choose the iPhone is equal numbers - and women are more likely to be unsure what phone they want. Of course - headlines that contain accurate, useful and complete information are not really headlines are they? Maybe - Android gains popularity...