or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Or, since he is a FORMER employee of the NSA - he can PLUG the backdoor(s).
Actually that is just an excuse given by the would be attackers so they don't sound lame crying about how hard it is to hack an Apple product without the explicit and deliberate cooperation of the person who has physical access to the product.
Saying that most (or all or some fraction of) Fortune 500 companies use the iPhone - is not the same as saying that the iPhone is the predominant smart phone used by a majority of users at all of those companies. Saying that most Fortune 500 companies use - or support - the iPhone *could* be interpreted to mean a corporate decision was made and the iPhone chosen as the preferred device - etc - but again without numbers or even percentages - that is not mutually exclusive...
I was thinking that getting divorced would have some benefits for me since my income is so much higher than my wife's then she could qualify for more government entitlements and help to increase the national debt.
Regardless of the facts in this case - I agree with you - but the very fact that there are still lots of people with that attitude is why being publicly known to be gay is still a problem in many places. Throughout history anyone viewed as "other" has been automatically classified as less worthy or defective or not even human - and you don't have to look very far afield or back in time to see those attitudes clearly emblazoned across our own landscape.
(sorry if this has been stated I did not read all of the comments already posted) It seems wrong to me to have a headline proclaiming Tim Cook as the most powerful gay man in tech (or however you want to say it) - suggesting by the title that it is an established fact - and then half way down the article to say - well, that's what someone told me. No matter how reliable the sources. And then to put in at the end a story of entirely different person who has personally...
C3P0 is an Android, right? with humanlike form if not surface color and texture. R2D2 is a Robot - actually an Astromech. But in that world just as in ours - terms like Xerox and Kleenex and Q-tip take on a common usage that is larger than the literal meaning - so "droid" in the world of StarWars is slang covering both robots and androids. And don't forget Cyborgs - and is there a cut off - Luke with his mechanical hand for example - is he a cyborg? part human part...
How do you prevent the mouse from sliding around on the surface as you are trying to use the touch screen? some sort of dock or magnetic lock to hold it in place or something? I have a couple of 10 key input pads and they are very light to the point of almost unusable for rapidly entering numbers as they do not stay put. adding that sort of thing to the Magic TrackPad would be good. Isn't there already an App to make your iPhone or iPod Touch into a computer...
Wouldn't that be solved with some sort of override -just as an app that use tilt for input can lock screen orientation so that turning your car hard into a corner would not rotate the device - couldn't a given app override the 4 and 5 figure gestures? Sure it would mean a not entirely consistent user interface across the board - but much better in my opinion to have an app do what it is supposed and leave the OS functionality for times when it is not encroaching on the...
Wouldn't doubling the dimensions in each dimension mean 4 times the pixels on screen - and with the same screen size mean that each pixel is one fourth the size? meaning anything that is not scaled vectors would appear to be one-quarter the size on screen - meaning that almost everything on the device would have to be updated to accommodate the change. Unless there is something in the OS that scales everything automatically unless it specifically calls the higher rez. And...