or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

I would think that the patent is about the particular implementation on a given interface - not the idea of filtering based on content - but how that filtering is achieved and the user interface for it. As far as parents needing to be the tool - depending entirely on technology is a false sense of security. on the other hand having tools that can enforce limits or perhaps just make it harder for an unsuspecting child to stumble onto something that you find objectionable...
Isn't that also exactly how they are supposed to act and say if there are no negotiations and not pending deal in the works? Seriously - just because sometimes people - including Steve Jobs - publicly say something that soon thereafter turns out to be exactly the opposite of reality such that at the time the original statement was made he is no way he could have been unaware of the impending announcement - does not mean that EVERY time ANYONE makes a specific claim that...
At this point I would be surprised to see iPhones with different form factors. Simply because the current models are still in short supply - and the White iPhone 4 is apparently still not ready for market. if the history of Apple is any indication - there will not be any chance of the iPhone on another carrier or other form factors at least until the demand for the current models drops and the supply chain is full. In other words - until the profit from the existing...
the patent says "The receiver contains a credit or debit card reader" but such is no the case unless you are talking about the brick and mortar stores - the App store does not have a "card reader" - it would seem the prior patent regarding the 1-click thing would have already covered this - and if that patent is applicable - then how can this one be? Queue the argument regarding the patent process and why is a patent issued for an idea or a concept vs an implementation...
I have had a number of system freezes recently with 10.6.4 - no kernel panic screen - just total lock up. Started around the time I in stalled 64 bit versions of Flash Player Plug In.
my parents just got a price increase on their contract - and will be looking at switching carries to iPhone 4 possibly over the weekend. Also a customer of mine - after seeing my iPhone - is now considering replacing his AT&T not-smart phone - with an iPhone. I am sure none of them where interviewed. that customer as well as a current 3GS owner I talked to recently - asked about the antenna issue - that was about the only thing holding them back. for the...
Why not allow the user to decide which search engine they prefer to use - as with the browser on your personal computer? And maps as well? The MapQuest app for iOS offers a lot more than the default google maps - including turn by turn voice navigation - and it is free. I want that to be my default map app - but that does not mean that I want everyone to be forced to that default.
Oh the wisdom of your words - if only we had stopped back when the ENIAC was the only computer on the planet - that surely would have been utopia - or wait - perhaps we should put Charles Babbage in charge of all technological innovation from now on.
Just figured we haven't had enough people who missed the point yet so I figured I'd add some more.
hey - did you eve READ the story - it's not the plug - its the socket!