or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

In a world without rules, laws, policies, etc - I would come over to your house and take all your stuff and there would be nothing you could do to stop me. Well, maybe I wouldn't do that, but someone would. Any world populated by more than one person - must have rules and laws and policies - that we all abide by - or else you have war and violence etc - and the real world already has enough of that despite all our laws and rules - why would you want the online world to...
Arthur C. Clarke formulated the following three "laws" of prediction: 1. When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is probably wrong. 2. The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. 3. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Using number 3 and given that a majority...
A declining percentage does not mean fewer people - it means that more people who never had a smart phone to browser the web (or had one and did not use it because it was so lame) - are now doing so. Since iOS is limited to a single carrier in the US - a more interesting comparison might be what percentage of Users are on iOS vs Other - which still would result in a declining share for the iOS - as the competition ramps up. The only truly fair comparison would be to...
Could it be that Apple prompted the Intel move so they could offer AMD CPUs in future Mac products while not cutting too much of the revenue stream that Intel enjoys?
Logitech has been doing something about that - its called the Harmony Remote series of remote controls - true it doesn't change the actual interface of the devices - but allows a very highly customizable remote to control all of the functions on all of your devices. (various models support different number of devices, some including RF devices not just IR including IR to RF repeater options for control of hidden devices).
Apple is expected to announced product xyz on Tuesday - but then again they might not. Apple is rumored to be announcing product xyz on Tuesday - but then again that might be left for a separate future announcement. How am I doing so far?
The iPad cannot replace a workstation. If a Train Station is where the Trains Stop and a Bus Station is where the Busses Stop the a Workstation must be where the work stops and since the iPad allows you to get work done - its not a workstation. For Windows only apps - you could use a remote software access to a windows machine or possibly even a citrix server (or similar). While I have done just that - I would not want to do that all day every day, and on a...
Admittedly I am not on the trailing edge of technophilia - perhaps not on the bleeding edge either - but I do have an iPhone 4 and a Mac Mini connected to my big screen already - so if I could stream content via the Mac Mini and iTunes - perhaps I would- I also have Netflix. Cutting the cable - as it were - in my case would involve losing not only cable TV - but also PVR/DVR - as well as VoIP home phone and internet service - DSL sucks monkey balls in my area - and...
One problem with large contracts for commodity (or close to it) items - for example Cash Registers (also known as Point of Sale POS systems) - is that your competitor is always just around the corner waiting for a lease to expire etc - and lowballing your proposal with reduced hardware acquisition or reduced monthly maintenance or software support costs etc. That is why every few years you see new cash registers going in at your grocery store, pet store, etc. Sure...
I suppose the folks who dislike ads on their phone so much don't ever listen to commercial radio, or television, or have a phone book in their house or drive bas billboard (and other outdoor advertising such as on the side of a bus). What would television look like and how many channels would thre be if EVERY program was pay-per-view? and what of the folks who work at the companies advertising those products? I would speculate that some of the very same folks you...