or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

Forgive my lack of understanding here - but it looks like Unity is a programming language not a runtime that is interpreting code in a layer the way flash does - opening performance and security concerns. Even if Unity is providing a framework in to facilitate more rapid development by reusing code but ALL the code gets compiled into the App - vs Unity running as a command interpreter which in turn compiles and or runs the user facing App - then it is different. Again - I...
Flash is perfect just the way it is, isn't it? Where did those crickets come from. Sounds like the Mission Impossible just ended - and they can no longer deny any knowledge of what Flash actually does in the field. I recently installed Click to Flash and I am lovin' it. Had one web site that was crashing about every other time I loaded it - with several Flash based Ads being the problem. Also had the entire system locking up - not kernel panic - just frozen -...
at least in the case of a computer or an iPhone you can have software that gets fixed. My TV has an alarm function and a daylight savings time function - but no way to reprogram the DST dates - so I got up late this morning. Many devices such as VCR - Oven - MIcrowave - Thermostat - either do not have an auto DST or if they do cannot be reprogrammed with the new dates. Then again I don't depend on any of those to wake me up in the morning. I have also had some...
Seriously, thank you for taking the time to write that - a very interesting perspective that I would hazard to guess anyone who has never travelled outside of the US would likely be familiar with. I would like to add that we ned to keep in mind that there is precious little information about other nations and cultures available to the average person in the US - so our ignorance is generally not based on lack of intelligence but lack of available information. If you only...
Naw that would be herehttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matav...edirected=true
1 not all data centers have raises floora 2 regardless the weight has to go somewhere 3 a customer of mine recently paid about $80000 to add structural steel between the third and fourth floors of an office building in order to put a data center on the fourth floor. And that was for a single row of about 6 racks. With a raised floor. Other items such as elevators not only for people but also for moving thousands of pounds of gear at a time are also factors. The point is...
Do you have any idea what the cost is to reinforce a floor to hold the weight of a row of servers and or storage? A lot. And all the power and cable runs etc. Any savings in ground area could easily be spent on the required infrastructure to get gear to multiple floors. And there may be zoning laws limiting the height of biildings.
How do you start with 183 acres and build a 500,000 sq ft building and then DOUBLE the size of that building by adding another 70 acres? Especially if the two spaces are not adjacent. I suppose it could be that not all of that 183 acres is datacenter - a shared parking lot for example - or that not all of that 183 acres is useable but some number of acres came with the lot. Or another way to read that could be that the existing 183 acres site is only half used -...
Perhaps the poster MEANT to EMPHASIZE the word MAC as opposed to say PC - by using all caps to as you might stress the word in speech - yes I MEANT to say MAC.
I would think that the patent is about the particular implementation on a given interface - not the idea of filtering based on content - but how that filtering is achieved and the user interface for it. As far as parents needing to be the tool - depending entirely on technology is a false sense of security. on the other hand having tools that can enforce limits or perhaps just make it harder for an unsuspecting child to stumble onto something that you find objectionable...