or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

I'm not holding my breath on that one - and I assume you are talking about a chat roulette situation - and not making a statement about folks who answer the phones for apple - then again if apple had hot chicks in skimpy lingerie... more likely you accidentally get connected to one of those Ninjas we keep hearing about.interesting that no other companies are looking into this - although in the case of a service such as Skype - that handles both audio and video - so how to...
I *think* the whole chicken little thing was basically trying to say that even if there are 100 separate documented cases of the exact problem - consider that there are supposed to be something like 1.5 million iPhone 4 units being sold in the first few days - meaning that 100 instances is a tiny fraction - even if we assume that only 1 in 10 people with the problem have been able to report it on the web in any manner that is still only 1000 out of 1.5 million - even if it...
gotta be better than 2G - with 3 bars - I get a speedtest result around 30 to 60 kbps downstream and about 20 kbps upstream - yes kbps - on my network WiFi I get above 2Mbps down and near 768 kbps up - on a 15Mbps down and 768k up service. just hoping that the voice service works better than my 2G phone.
Sounds like a delay tactic to me until they figure out what is really going on and what it will take to fix it. Why would tape not work if rubber does? Is the scotch tape not resistance to capacitance? maybe electrical tape? Maybe apple should release the iCondom for safe use of your cell phone. If touching the area can "short out" the signal - does that mean that well design case can boost the signal? should be easy enough to experiment with various...
Maybe all we need is for Apple to provide a detailed example of what "precise location data" actually means. Not sure if this would be divulging too much corporate secrets or something - but why not publish a transcript - line by line - of the data that is in fact transmitted from an app on the phone when searching for a nearby restaurant or using turn by turn navigation or something. For service such as Loopt - by signing up for that service in the first place you are...
"Evaporation of bonding agent" yeah right - more like the chemical used to establish the reality distortion field being absorbed into your bloodstream...
You'd think that by now Apple and its suppliers would have enough experience working with white plastic or paint or whatever it the white bits are made of. Maybe the white model will be a Verizon compatible phone
I am sure someone will post this so I will lead off with - Jail Breaking your iPhone does not meant that you have to or can only use pirated software. It means that you can. But I think the reason that seems to be the most popular (or at least admitted to) is that you can use features which have been blocked for what may seem to be arbitrary reasons - such as tethering or MMS etc. As an analogy - what if your car came with computer programming that limited your...
I am sure someone will post this so I will lead off with - Jail Breaking your iPhone does not meant that you have to or can only use pirated software. It means that you can. But I think the reason that seems to be the most popular (or at least admitted to) is that you can use features which have been blocked for what may seem to be arbitrary reasons - such as tethering or MMS etc. As an analogy - what if your car came with computer programming that limited your...
It says that location based data is collected anonymously - no personal info sent - you may consider your location to be personal - but I think what they are getting at is that location based data where the app requests location anonymously in order to do things such as list local sea food restaurants is not considered to be divulging personal information - whereas an app keeping track of where your phone specifically is located every time you ask for restaurant...