or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

So what happens to your reservation if they don;t have a phone for you? does it still expire after 24 hours and you have to make a new reservation?
I want to get 4 of em - not sure I can afford it just yet - but I have an original iPhone 2G that needs to be replaced - and considering one for the wife and my parents are both considering iPhone as their first smartphone ever and getting onto my plan.
My 3G usage while at home is really low - but when traveling is between 2 and 5 GB - with at least one month recently over 5 GB - partly due to netflix and partly due to poor WiFi in hotels I have stayed in. While it may be possible to switch plans on the fly - that is really annoying - and while yes of course companies are in business to make money - if they had an automatic switch to the plan that was the least expensive for a given month based on the fact that if they...
on my iPhone I average about 100MB per month on my notebook card I range from 0 to a high of 5,376,963 KB for which I did not see any additional charges - several other months I had 2.8GB and 2.2GB. I find that 3G is often better than hotel wireless in many places I go and easier than trying to get on a customer's network when traveling for business. and I like to watch netflix when on the road - so that pushes my usage up - but also some times have to send or...
sorry I couldn't do my homework - the dog ate my power cord
how about adding real privacy to browsers? I am tired of getting spam to everyone of my email accounts - when I know for a fact that I did not give anyone permission to use my email for that purpose - and even my son's email - which I do not use for posting on forms or anything - gets spam - and the only place I can think of that it is coming from is some ad on some browser is asking my system to provide an email address. I suppose I should use something like little snitch...
I hadn't thought of that - Apple contracting directly with component suppliers to send the parts to Foxconn - then with Foxconn to simple put them all together - $11 a unit for final assembly sounds more reasonable. I was thinking Foxconn would be buying the component parts and then aggregating the total cost up to that point and Apple paying a single bill. probably works better to have your own contracts with the component suppliers so the assembler doesn't mark them up...
I don't get something here - if and the iPad price is $499 (for one model) does that mean Apple's cost of manufacturing each iPad is only $11.47? (not including shipping it around the world. Or does that mean the gross profit that Foxconn makes is $11.47 per unit? I would be really surprised if the total cost of materials and manufacturing was only $11.47. unless that $11.47 does not include the materials cost. if the total cost of materials and manufacturing was more...
should it really be considered a monopoly if no one WANTS to spend their money on the alternatives? and how can you say it is wrong for distributor to dictate terms to the supplier but not the other way around? Did the big publishing houses not have the opportunity to negotiate ANYTHING AT ALL with Apple? Were they FORCED to unconditionally accept Apple's terms? Maybe they were and did so from a position of desperation and now that Apple as a distributor has some...
don't forget about things like corporate taxes and health insurance and other costs beyond employee salary. and what about comparison to wages at other companies in the same area? or average monthly wage in the area or for all of china? $130 a month sounds like a pittance to me - but if the average working wage there is $20 then that is a lot by comparison. also keep in mind that a 20% increase in payroll for line workers does not translate into a 20% increase if the...