or Connect

Posts by lilgto64

[QUOTE=monstrosity;1627415]I guess I got it backwards - you are betting that the world does not end - if you win and the world does not end you keep your $100 and collect on the bet - if the world does end and you lose you would have to pay the $100 - provided someone could find a way to collect that $100 after the end of the world. Or in other words - if someone says to you that they will bet $100 the world WILL end - you would cover that bet with your $100 that the...
I'll take you up on that - I'll bet all my worldly possessions. Just let me get this right - if the world does end - then you get ALL my stuff and if the world does NOT end - then you send me $100, right? The only way I see the "world " ending in 2010 is if some dumb arse gets a hold of a nuclear weapon and decides he is "fated" to use it. Still - even in that case - the planet will go on even if humans and or anything resembling human civilization does not. The whole...
You know - if they (Apple and AT&T) would simply allow tethering (or maybe better - actually support tethering, without exorbitant charges) that alone might eliminate the desire (or need) by many to even want to jailbreak. I suppose the option to buy an unlocked phone would be another big factor. and they ought to be able to come up with some way to allow you to load your own apps without compromising the app store. maybe by adding some sort of digital signature to the app...
I wonder how much of a correction factor they have included for original iPhones that just happen to not have any software loaded that would cause them to show up on in that measurement? With the higher speeds and capacities of the newer phones - I would expect there to be on average more apps loaded and more time spent on line that with the older slower lower capacity phone. how many folks use there phone as gasp of all things a phone primarily rather than a...
On my work machine - ThinkPad T61p - there is a setting to leave the USB powered on when the machine is asleep.
Where is the context? Okay so there is a little bit of prior numbers for Jobs alone - but how does that compare to the tech industry average, to CEOs on average, to private Jets on average? Its like baseball statistics that get quoted during a game by the announcers - this batter has an average of 0.112 against left handed pitchers on away games in the post season on artificial turf. Utterly meaningless without some kind of context. Is that better or worse than his...
In my personal experience - Flash Player content on the web has been responsible for probably half the times I have a browser crash - or runaway CPU usage. If Adobe spent the time and effort to make it behave well instead of whining about how pervasive it happens to be then maybe they would have a case to make.
Yeah, cool - and Ballmer can get Aerosmith to play their song "Pink" to go along with the promotional advertising. What's that? No one told Ballmer what that song is about? Uh, can we use a different song in the ad?
Regarding "Lifestyle" this is one of those made up marketing words - take ANYTHING in the world and add "Lifestyle" and its hip and cool or whatever. The Biker Lifestyle The Beachfront LIfestyle The Computing Lifestyle I thought "lifestyle" had to do with ALL the choices you make throughout your day - and ALL the things you buy and experience and eat etc - the idea that there is a specific lifestyle surround some item or object I find absurd. Even something...
It is the job of the marketing department to come up with something that sounds good and or has some emotional impact while remaining utterly devoid of any true meaning or content. If your marketing slogan does not truly mean anything then no one can claim your slogan was untrue or misleading.